Brownies willing to trade #1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s ok to give up if you want. But I don’t really understand the premise. Why won’t the Bills be able to replace Kyle or Preston in FA and/or the draft? Did you know Jerel Worthy doesn’t play for the Bills?

Regarding Worthy, I wasn't aware that he was waived back in November.  Then, it gets potentially worse, as you'd have Cedric Thornton as a possible starter next to Washington on the defensive line.

John Dorsey at NFL combine 2018: He's not talking about his plans with the No. 1 pick
Believe what he says at your own risk. This isn't Dorsey's first go-around here and if there's one thing NFL GMs hate to do, it's tell you what they're thinking, even when no one can do anything from stopping the Browns from taking whoever they want at No. 1.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Your title is not congruent with Dorsey's statement.  What Dorsey is saying is if somebody wants to pay "stupid money" then ,yes, we will fleece them.  Unless somebody wants to offer four number 1's and a couple of 2's and maybe a 7th so we can say we screwed somebody out of a year's worth of picks by volume then we will take our guy.  The first sentence in that statement implies Barkley to me.

Let's get real.  Cleveland will want a premium on there 1st.

That means at a 25%  premium will cost 4000 Draft Points!

Also remember as a standard,  2019 picks get discounted in points by 10% or so.

Bills

2018-1st Round Pick #21 ----------------------------800

2018-1st Round Pick #22 ----------------------------780

2019-1st Round Pick (#21 minus 10%)--------720

2018-2nd Round Pick #53----------------------------370

2019-2nd Round Pick (#53 minus 10%)-------333

2018-2nd 2nd Round Pick #55---------------------350

SUBTOTAL OF 3-1ST'S AND 3-2ND'S------3353

Even without the 10% Discounts Total of---3470

That's a total of a 12% premium.  What more would we have to give?

What is TT worth?  A 4th at the absolute most (Bills 2018-4th Round Pick #121---52 points).

This is what it would take just to get in a conversation with Cleveland.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Regarding Worthy, I wasn't aware that he was waived back in November.  Then, it gets potentially worse, as you'd have Cedric Thornton as a possible starter next to Washington on the defensive line.

Why do you believe they will completely ignore FA and the rest of the draft if they choose to use a couple extra picks that they purposely obtained to trade up for their QB? Why is Cedric Thornton the only option? That’s what I’m missing.

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

If I were the Browns, I’d take Barkley at 1, then choose who you like best of what’s left at 4 between Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold.

or trade the pick to the Bills!

I can't see them not doing that. They get possibly the best RB in years as well as their choice of at worst two of the four top QB's in this draft.

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

With all the QB's falling in value this is a smart move by the Browns. Move off one, let someone take the End or the RD.

There is no QBs falling lol. There will be 4 gone in top 10 picks lol

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

trade the #1 pick ??

NOT  HAPPENING

owner should fire the new GM same day if that happens

now, they should trade the #4 pick.

What if they have 4 players rated higher than QB?

Edited by CuddyDark

4 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Maybe but none good enough to go #1. If you're the Browns move off #1 and take a QB at 4.

Says who?  The ONLY way Browns guarantee to get the QB they want is to take them 1 overall. 

They could very well trade out. But that doesnt mean anything about QBs dropping. Nothing has occured from the end of the NCAA season to now to drop any grades. 

People really need to stop listening to all the pre draft “noise” from talking heads and liers and take it as something substantive 

Edited by MAJBobby

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

“There’s a lot of things I can do at No. 1 and not just get a quarterback,” Dorsey said Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine. “My door is wide open if somebody wants to come up and talk to me about a trade, I’m willing to trade. But also I’m going to do what’s best for this organization, and I will do that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/01/browns-open-to-everything-with-no-1-pick-including-a-trade/

Sure it is , because they need MORE picks.

• Haha (+1) 1

It's easy to say, "The Bill should [must!] move up to get [pick your QB!]," but rarely does anyone say what they think and are willing to give up.  

If we can first agree the price will be very steep, what are you willing to trade?  

Personally, I'd like to have Darnold or Rosen, but I don't think they are worth what they will cost.  I'd be happy with signing Keenem and drafting Lamar Jackson; and have room to address a lot of holes. 

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Let's get real.  Cleveland will want a premium on there 1st.

That means at a 25%  premium will cost 4000 Draft Points!

Also remember as a standard,  2019 picks get discounted in points by 10% or so.

Bills

2018-1st Round Pick #21 ----------------------------800

2018-1st Round Pick #22 ----------------------------780

2019-1st Round Pick (#21 minus 10%)--------720

2018-2nd Round Pick #53----------------------------370

2019-2nd Round Pick (#53 minus 10%)-------333

2018-2nd 2nd Round Pick #55---------------------350

SUBTOTAL OF 3-1ST'S AND 3-2ND'S------3353

Even without the 10% Discounts Total of---3470

That's a total of a 12% premium.  What more would we have to give?

What is TT worth?  A 4th at the absolute most (Bills 2018-4th Round Pick #121---52 points).

This is what it would take just to get in a conversation with Cleveland.

Just to be clear is this what you think Cleveland's price will be?  4000 points give or take?  It would not surprise me.  If the pro's tout the QB's the way many on this board and presumably several other teams' boards then I can see it with little difficulty.    

Just now, CuddyDark said:

Not really. They could move down to 2 or 3 or stay at 4 and still get the best QB.

Nope they cant. ONLY way to GUARANTEE they get their guy is to take them at 1 overall. 

Anything lower and there is NO guarantee you will get him is there?

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

It's easy to say, "The Bill should [must!] move up to get [pick your QB!]," but rarely does anyone say what they think and are willing to give up.  

If we can first agree the price will be very steep, what are you willing to trade?  

Personally, I'd like to have Darnold or Rosen, but I don't think they are worth what they will cost.  I'd be happy with signing Keenem and drafting Lamar Jackson; and have room to address a lot of holes. 

Depending on his workouts it's looking like Darnold might fall some.