Brownies willing to trade #1

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

1.) WHY would Paul Richardson want to come here after spending his entire career playing for a winning team in Seattle?
2.) Lotulelei's production has been declining over the last few years and Kawaan Short has surpassed him as the best DT on that line.  Would he come here simply because McDermott and Beane are here as well?
3.) In your proposed trade, you have us giving up our 2018 3rd.  So, how could they draft Vander Esche in the 3rd?  Did they trade MORE 2018 or 2019 picks to trade back into the 3rd?

Sure traded back

you wanted names I gave you names. 

i can give three more as well because they are ROLE PLAYERS 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure traded back

you wanted names I gave you names. 

i can give three more as well because they are ROLE PLAYERS 

If that's the way this plays out, where they give away the store for Rosen or Darnold, and those so-called "role players" are signed, this team will be lucky to get to .500 by the end of the season, let alone compete for another wild card spot.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

No it is nothing like Sammy. Different Positional Value 

Who can be picked before 1st overall?

Can a QB be picked before 4th overall?

If we trade up to #1 it will most likely cost 3 1st rounds and 2 second rounds. If you make that trade you can't miss. If Rosen has durability issues, Darnold has turnover issues, Allen has accuracy issues, or Mayfield has trouble findng passing lanes due to his size you fail and set the organization back years. 

We could probably trade to pick 5 for two number 1s and a mid round pick next year. We would still get to add two starters in the second round this year. There is a good chance Darnold or Rosen falls to pick five, especially if Allen gets drafted top five. There are a lot of good QB prospects in this draft, as long as we land one of them I will be happy. Just because you are the first player taken at a position doesn't mean you will be the best player in the draft. What I was saying is there way suppose to be a huge gap between Watkins and the other WRs in that draft (he was a generational talent). You could argue Watkins ended up being the 6th best WR in that draft. 

I would prefer to make a trade up if our guy falls. If not I would be fine drafting White or Rudolph. Those guys have a good chance of being starting quality QBs as well. 

Just now, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

If that's the way this plays out, where they give away the store for Rosen or Darnold, and those so-called "role players" are signed, this team will be lucky to get to .500 by the end of the season, let alone compete for another wild card spot.

Ok BIG freaking deal. 

Guess the COACH already admitted to that essentially 

1 minute ago, billspro said:

If we trade up to #1 it will most likely cost 3 1st rounds and 2 second rounds. If you make that trade you can't miss. If Rosen has durability issues, Darnold has turnover issues, Allen has accuracy issues, or Mayfield has trouble findng passing lanes due to his size you fail and set the organization back years. 

We could probably trade to pick 5 for two number 1s and a mid round pick next year. We would still get to add two starters in the second round this year. There is a good chance Darnold or Rosen falls to pick five, especially if Allen gets drafted top five. There are a lot of good QB prospects in this draft, as long as we land one of them I will be happy. Just because you are the first player taken at a position doesn't mean you will be the best player in the draft. What I was saying is there way suppose to be a huge gap between Watkins and the other WRs in that draft (he was a generational talent). You could argue Watkins ended up being the 6th best WR in that draft. 

I would prefer to make a trade up if our guy falls. If not I would be fine drafting White or Rudolph. Those guys have a good chance of being starting quality QBs as well. 

There are only two QBs in this draft I trade up for. 

Rosen and Darnold. 

The rest I trade one of our 1sts to try and get another 2019 1st seeing everyonr wants to continually kick the can on QB down the road gotta load up on Future Draft Captial too

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Then we use NEXT YEAR'S DRAFT to gain more players, like I think the Process wants to play out. 

You also don't include the emergence of skilled players, a la Eddie Yarborough. 

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Then we use NEXT YEAR'S DRAFT to gain more players, like I think the Process wants to play out. 

Except in NEXT YEAR'S DRAFT, MAJBobby has us giving away a 1st AND a 2nd.  Meaning, you have to sit there and wait until the 3rd round and hope and pray that a top player is still available by then.

Do you want to go through that?

5 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Also why McD says we aren't as far along as people think....

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Except in NEXT YEAR'S DRAFT, MAJBobby has us giving away a 1st AND a 2nd.  Meaning, you have to sit there and wait until the 3rd round and hope and pray that a top player is still available by then.

Do you want to go through that?

Yep i do if I am getting my long term answer at the most important position on the field. 

I absolutely will go thru that

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Hmmm I see where the disconnect is. The new regime took over and are trying to build a team that can be sustainable long-term. They had two new systems to adapt the roster two on both sides of the ball. Most of all it means finding their long-term QB. They aren’t building a team for 2018 only. They want to build a team that is contender year in and year out. That involves a stable QB situation. If they start a rookie I don’t expect them to make the playoffs in the first year. The Rams and Eagles didn’t make it either the first year the rookies played. It takes a couple drafts. The Eagles loaded up in FA and trades the year after Wentz was acquired. The Rams are doing the same with lack of picks. The Bills will have about 90 mill in cap next year as projected.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, kdiggz said:

Why are you against having a franchise QB? The Rams weren't against it when they went all out for Goff

It's amazing how many Bills fans don't want us to shoot for the stars, but would happily overpay a vet qb that is only marginally better thanTT. Some want us to get rid of Glenn and Hughes or let a backup caliber player be our next starting C.  I want the Lombardi Trophy and we'll never get there if we keep aiming for 'just OK'. Good point kdiggz. I agree 100%.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GreggTX said:

It's amazing how many Bills fans don't want us to shoot for the stars, but would happily overpay a vet qb that is only marginally better thanTT. Some want us to get rid of Glenn and Hughes or let a backup caliber player be our next starting C.  I want the Lombardi Trophy and we'll never get there if we keep aiming for 'just OK'. Good point kdiggz. I agree 100%.

Well come on how will they ever find a LB or DT in FA? It’s un-possible!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well come on how will they ever find a LB or DT in FA? It’s un-possible!!

Patience. We are still a couple years away. They won't say it, but they are committed to a longer process. Step 1 is to try to get a QB that can take us to the top. We aren't going to win the SB in 2018.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PIZ said:

They want to see who is serious about moving up, so they can decide if they need to take a QB at one, or if they can take Barkley at 1 and a QB at 4.

Would any team desperate for a QB do something like the Saints did to get Ricky Williams?

The Saints traded away 8 picks, including two 1st rounders, to the Washington Redskins so they could move up from their own #12 spot in the draft to the #5 spot.

Here is what the Redskins received.

Year

Round

1st (12th Overall)

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

1st (2nd Overall)

3rd

...and then they stank up the joint for years.  I think teams have learned from NO and the Picks Wash splurged on RG3.

4 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Tyrod Taylor, the 21st and 22nd pick, a second round pick this year and a second pick in 2019 for the Browns 4th pick in the draft.

draft Baker Mayfield.

I would do that trade for one of the QB's. Now you have two 2nds and a 3rd. You can sit and wait or you can move a 2nd and a 3rd and get back in the bottom of round one and take a MLB or DT or C.

4 hours ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

If I were the Browns, I’d take Barkley at 1, then choose who you like best of what’s left at 4 between Rosen, Mayfield, and Darnold.

or trade the pick to the Bills!

Browns fans would go nuts if they did that !!