If we keep Tyrod I will still love my Bills

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so did you ever answer gug when he asked if the little boy in your avatar was you?

little boys should be real careful who they call a jerks. but hey, it's easy to do through the internet though isn't it, little boy.

uh. ya. it is. 

good talk, bruh.

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

uh. ya. it is. 

good talk, bruh.

like I said, be careful. 

you can laugh all you want. it's okay to disagree with a take. personal insults as you have shown, calling someone a jerk, is not cool.

but I can see how someone of your stature would use the internet to do it, so

carry on, kid.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

if you walked away from most of the home games I cited and felt he played awful. then no..... the bolded is 100% inaccurate. 

and just so i'm reading this right...... becuz they didn't win BECAUSE of him he played awful? I just wanna make sure we are on the same page here. plus i'd like to know just how far gone you are.

"becuz"

Are you even out of high school, little guy?

/end conversation.  Have fun in Study Hall.

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

"becuz"

Are you even out of high school, little guy?

/end conversation.  Have fun in Study Hall.

right.... when you need to start picking stuff like that out its obviously done. you're all class. lets pick out grammar and lay broad statements and when somebody refutes it with actual evidence we'll just say "nope, i'm right. just becuz..... i'm really sure it was hard to get my message because of the fact I used "becuz". 

grammar shaming is seriously the lamest last ditch option. just makes me laugh. good call though. nice work. I could 13 yrs old and it still wouldn't change the fact that you were wrong on what I pointed out. 

EDIT: its spell shaming. what an idiot I must be.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

right.... when you need to start picking out stuff like that i'd say it says a bunch..... i'm really sure it was hard to get my message because of the fact I used "becuz". 

grammar shaming is seriously the lamest last ditch option. just makes me laugh. good call though. nice work. I could 13 yrs old and it still wouldn't change the fact that you were wrong on what I pointed out. 

That's not grammar, you idiot.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

The Pittsburgh model is to be absolutely awful, go 1-13 and use the first overall pick to choose Terry Bradshaw. And then win four titles with him. Watch him get injured in his last year and only be able to play one game in 1983. Be pretty average for a few years. Draft two third-round QBs, Brister and O'Donnell. Become a really terrific team with decent QBs and yet don't draft a QB. Be very good but don't have a great QB and don't win a title. Draft Slash in the 2nd. Continue being an excellent team without a QB and continue not winning titles.

Then, finally, have a really bad year, go 6-10. Be lucky enough to do this when the next year's draft is the single best QB draft in history. Have the Buffalo Bills decide not to trade up in front of you to steal Roethlisberger because it was too expensive to do so. Draft the third-best QB of the class and have it turn out to be a terrific response to the stroke of luck of having a franchise guy available when your pick arrived.

Pittsburgh was wildly wildly lucky that they ever got in  position to draft Roethlisberger. The Bills have had the same problem for years now in that they've never been awful enough to get a single top three or four draft pick in a year when it would allow them to get a QB. The Pittsburgh model was to be very very lucky. Not a good model to follow.

Yeah, teams often need to walk before they run. But when you're working on reaching not the playoffs but the championship tier, your first priority every single year should be getting a franchise QB. Any time you have a chance to do that - as we appear to have this year - you do it, you bring in excellent scouts and you draft one of the guys they tell you fits your system and stands a good chance of being a franchise guy. You don't wait. You make all the sacrifices you need to make.

Agreed that they're not ready to win it all, Tyrod or not. But they don't have a franchise QB. Getting one is mission number one right now and forever until they do so.

Not to go off on a tangent, but I think 1983 was still a better QB draft class than 2004.

imo

Elway, Kelly, Marino > Eli, Rivers, Ben

O'Brien, Eason  > Schaub, JP Losman

after that it drops off for both drafts, but there are still more recognizable names in '83 than '04:

'83: Todd Blackledge, Jeff Christensen, Gary Kubiak, Tom Ramsey, Bruce Mathison

'04: Luke McCown, Andy Hall, Josh Harris, Jim Sorgi, Jeff Smoker, John Navarre

But, it is an interesting comparison: 16 QBs were drafted in each of those drafts, 3 franchise QBs in each draft, 1 or 2 starting caliber QBs after that...

2004 has 4 Super Bowl wins  to 1983's 2 Super Bowl wins. But 1983 has 11 Super Bowl appearances to 2004's 5 appearances.

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That's not grammar, you idiot.

hey.... you're right..... see how easy that is? when you're wrong.... ya just admit it. its spelling. which I foolishly lumped in with grammar....... do ya get the point though?

have a nice day man

Edited by Stank_Nasty

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

hey.... you're right..... see how easy that is? when you're wrong.... ya just admit it. its spelling. which I foolishly lumped in with grammar....... do ya get the point though?

have a nice day man, hopefully ya don't get hit by a car crossing the road or anything. 

really?

wow, that has to be the lowest class post I've seen on any bills board.

39 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

like I said, be careful. 

you can laugh all you want. it's okay to disagree with a take. personal insults as you have shown, calling someone a jerk, is not cool.

but I can see how someone of your stature would use the internet to do it, so

carry on, kid.

This is pretty epic stuff.  Fancy yourself an internet tough guy? Be careful...  Why?  Please spare everyone your rooster impressions. The strutting around and squawking is almost as weak as Gugny starting the whole mess by calling Stank a "manchild" -- Gugny is a pretty successful **** stirrer in case you have missed that. 

Talk about using the internet to inflate ones stature, it appears you have the market cornered.

Carry on Nancy.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

really?

oh geez..... nobody seriously wants anyone to get hit by freaking car! it most definitely wasn't intended to wish death on anyone man. its something my buddies and I say to one another all the time. obviously the tone is lost online. I went ahead and took it off.... on a serious note it wasn't meant to be malicious 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, simool said:

This is pretty epic stuff.  Fancy yourself an internet tough guy? Be careful...  Why?  Please spare everyone your rooster impressions. The strutting around and squawking is almost as weak as Gugny starting the whole mess by calling Stank a "manchild" -- Gugny is a pretty successful **** stirrer in case you have missed that. 

Talk about using the internet to inflate ones stature, it appears you have the market cornered.

Carry on Nancy.

now you can go ahead and turn the mirror on yourself, take a real good look at yourself, sweetie

4 minutes ago, simool said:

Carry on Nancy.

THANK YOU! i'm glad somebody caught all that.

6 minutes ago, simool said:

Carry on Nancy.

Flattery will get you nowhere.  I'm no slut.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

well that was a errant message that I was in the middle of. somehow my fingers hit post before any of it was done..... go look at the numbers for his home games and you literally cannot fabricate that he played bad.....

no need to be a complete jerk.... but I get it. its sorta your thing.

week 1 vs jets- 262 total yds, 2td, 1 int, 92 rating.... putrid right?

week 3 vs den- 226 total yds 2 td, 0 int, 126 rating..... another awful game right?

week 6 vs tampa- 321 total yds, 1 td, 0 int 96 rating..... soooo bad right?

week 7 vs raiders- 166 total yds, 2td, 0 int, 101 rating.... awful? not really?

week 9 vs NO- 56 yds, 0 td, 1int..... he seriously was awful that day for sure

week 12 vs pats- 65 pass yds, 0td, 1int.... again. seriously bad.

week 15 vs fins- 266 total yds, 2 td, 0int, 94 rating..... another awful one I guess?

I'm ready to move on. personally I don't care who the vet is next year. that means nothing to me becuz its all about whomever they draft and their development. but what I wont do is make false statements to prove why. maybe before being a complete jag-off you actually do some research next time.

Where are the missing weeks?      silly  me not reading home games 

QBR  -   18.3, 51.4, 63.1, 31.4,  29.3 and 27.2

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Where are the missing weeks?   

QBR  -   18.3, 51.4, 63.1, 31.4,  29.3 and 27.2

these were just his home games.... that was the argument. he said he played awful all year at home.... that wasn't the case.

taylor had just as many bad games as solid ones.... i'm over him. lets move on. I was ready to do that last year at this time. but when somebody says he was awful all year at home or away, that's just not true. so I went and got the numbers for the home games. 2 of which were downright HORRIBLE, while the rest were average to fairly good. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

21 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

just you and gugs.... your gif game is always strong though i'll give you that.

carry on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯      

you ca't win em all.  

19 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

these were just his home games.... that was the argument. he said he played awful all year at home.... that wasn't the case.

taylor had just as many bad games as solid ones.... i'm over him. lets move on. I was ready to do that last year at this time. but when somebody says he was awful all year at home or away, that's just not true. so I went and got the numbers for the home games. 2 of which were downright HORRIBLE, while the rest were average to fairly good. 

road games don't matter?  

18 point freaking 3!!! 

a 7 year pro, a 2 + year starter 

and 18.3 is excusable?   Shirley, you can't be serious    (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm game, lets move on and stop promoting what he did mediocre to good.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯      

you ca't win em all.  

road games don't matter?  

18 point freaking 3!!! 

geez man. please go back and read...... he had initially stated he wouldn't be giving them a dime to go to games if taylor was qb.... I then said that if he had been going to the games in orchard park to spend his money that I didn't witness any real awful money wasting games this year. he then said he played awful on the road AND at home. I then went on to refute that...

as a general rule taylor WASNT good enough this year. but he played well at home. which was my initial point when he said he wouldn't  be going to any games. I had assumed he meant in orchard park becuz that's where most bills fans go to watch the games. get it now?

Edited by Stank_Nasty

7 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

If there were ever a time in history that I would have said “I’m done with this team” it would have been when they let Bruce, Andre, and Thurman go all at the same time. They’ve made a ton of decisions that I haven’t agreed with over the years. At the end of the day this team is in my blood and I will never be able to just walk away. 

yep and I came close....

8 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

I like Tyrod he is a good person and may not be the best quarterback but he does have some great talents at times . If he stays with Buffalo I will still support the Bills no matter what happens . Try to think positive . Last year we were 9-7 and made it to the playoffs 

This year let's go for 10-6 ( still second place ) and win at least a playoff game 

GO BILLS ! 

LOL!!! after seeing the thread where the guy says he'll quit if the Bills KEEP tyrod, you just couldnt help yourself could you?

I've never understood why some random 'rah'rah' thought like this wouldnt have been posted as an argument to the other useless thread that already exists.

Furthermore - ( and i swear this sounds like me being a jerk but it simply is what it is and I dont mean to be rude) WHO CARES?

If you are a fan of the team, you'll like them regardless even if you disagree with their decisions. Fans dont run the team, and its assumed you'll stick as a fan (assuming you are a true fan) through thick and thin. Dumb decisions and great decisions. Either you are a fan or you arent. 

Why Joe Schmos feel the need to come in the interwebs and declare their love or hate based on a decision they cant control or in some cases even comprehend is mind boggling. 

If you ABSOLUTELY have to get something off your chest and NEED to have this be its own thread, bring something different. Even if its off the wall crazy.

Luckily, your fellow posters have lifted you up and kinda turned this into a 'what was the closest you've ever come to turning in your fan card' discussion - but not everyone is as lucky as you.

The above sounds like something someones mom would say who is a casual fan of the local HS football team!!

If all else fails and you still INSIST on creating a thread like this at least hook us up with orange slices and juice boxes

S_M_H

Edited by gobills1212

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I guess it depends on your definition of "sucks."

When you've lived through Gary Marangi, Dan Manucci, Joe Dufek, and Bruce Mathison, Tyrod doesn't seem that bad.

He's not a franchise QB of course.  But franchise QBs are rare and hard to find.  If Beane doesn't get one, Tyrod may very well start under center again.

And if he does, I'll root for him wholeheartedly.  

Are they really though?

I seem to hear that constantly yet we seem to pass on potential franchise QB's every year. 

9 hours ago, KingRex said:

I also want to win an SB and agree that Tyrod is not the QB  likely to cause that to happen.  However, since I am afraid this TEAM  will need to walk before they run, that this squad is too old and needs to replace too many key parts that trading away draft resources to move and grab some alleged franchise QB like Darnold or either Josh is the wromg road to take to win the SB as soon as we can.

For me, I endorse following the Pittsburgh model of build a winning team first using our magnificent draft resource to get a startind DT (or 2), an LB, an OL guy )ort 2) and even a back-up RB.

Keep Tyrod as part of a low turnover run first (and second) O. Try to train up Peterman, but if he isn't the guy draft a QB like Big Ben when they won the SN and go for it all in 2019.

Tyrod or not, this TEAM is not ready to win it all.

There's an argument to be made for your model... but damn some people are just going to be screaming their heads off breaking their TVs and making claims they're done with the Bills if that's what happens.

The Bills have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.  Those picks are valuable.  This team is certainly getting old.  We're going to need to worry about RB, OL and DT in particular simply because of the age of the players in those positions, not necessarily because they need the upgrades.  Shady, Kyle, and Richie are all going to be gone within the next 2-3 years.  Wood obviously just retired.

McDermott's statement of "we are not as far along as people may think" could be viewed as a warning sign to temper expectations about making huge splashes for a QB in this draft because he and Beane see all this draft capital as an opportunity to flood the team with some young talent.

I'm going to be really surprised if the team doesn't draft a QB in the 1st round, but not absolutely shocked. 

I really want us to draft one because this QB class just looks so damn top heavy and I think even if we stayed put at #21 and drafted Jackson or maybe Allen (yuck!) if they fall to us, in any other year they could be viewed as guys who might go in the top 10 or even top 5.

But at the same time, if 5 QBs are drafted say in the top 20, that's going to push a lot of blue-chip talent down.

We have 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks, so draft a QB at #21 at least and you'll still have 3 picks remaining in the first 2 rounds.  That's the route I think we take.

But really, nothing is going to shock me in this draft at all.

11 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

little boys should be real careful who they call a jerks. but hey, it's easy to do through the internet though isn't it, little boy.

11 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

like I said, be careful. 

10 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Threaten, threaten, play the victim. 

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between a troll and an inferiority complex. 

• Haha (+1) 1