If we keep Tyrod I will still love my Bills

After watching the Bills vs Jags game and watching the playoffs and Super Bowl I don't know how anyone can still want Taylor on this team. Their is no way Taylor has a chance to compete against the passing numbers put up in the playoffs/Super Bowl. The bigger the game is the more Taylor goes into safe mode, he will never elevate his game in the playoffs to carry this team. If he is not released I will be hoping Beanie and McD are fired and will donate as much as I can to the billboards advertising it.

4 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

I like Tyrod he is a good person and may not be the best quarterback but he does have some great talents at times . If he stays with Buffalo I will still support the Bills no matter what happens . Try to think positive . Last year we were 9-7 and made it to the playoffs 

This year let's go for 10-6 ( still second place ) and win at least a playoff game 

GO BILLS ! 

I like Trent Edwards, he is a good person but he sucked.

I like JP Losman, he isa good person but he sucked.

I like Fitz, he is a good person but he sucked.

I like Taylor, he is a good person but he sucks.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

I don't understand anyone who would not support the Bills if TT is our vet.

Might be frustrating might not be ideal but I'm never going to not support the Bills..

I Definitely hope we can move on however

If I were going to give up on the Bills, it would have been when they gave Jauron an extension in the interest of "continuity." I didn't ditch them then, and I won't ditch them if Tyrod is here for one more year while they put the other pieces in place.

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Me too.

I love them even when they make mistakes.

But we see last year differently. I have no interest in the playoffs. Didn't last year either. I want this team to be competitive for a Super Bowl title. Nothing less means squat to me. Last year's team was not good enough to be competitive for a title and frankly I wish they had lost more games instead and improved their draft position. 

I'm glad for people who feel this was a monkey off their back. My monkey is still there and will be till we're truly an excellent team.

So was your New years Eve a miserable one? You really wish we were still talking about the drought right now? I'm sorry, I just don't believe you, that you didn't enjoy that week. The week that started when those 4:25 games kicked off on new years eve, and ended on January 7th. That week was the reason I stuck with this team for the entire drought. Was to hopefully be here for the party when it ended. Don't get me wrong, I didn't believe for a second that we would win the super bowl, but not every team that makes the playoffs is thought of as a super bowl contender. Finally something went our way. I would rather make the playoffs, then relive the Sabres tank year. I am so glad that who ever we draft this year, in this Quarterback rich draft, will never have to answer a question about the drought. I do believe that is very important.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Me too.

I love them even when they make mistakes.

But we see last year differently. I have no interest in the playoffs. Didn't last year either. I want this team to be competitive for a Super Bowl title. Nothing less means squat to me. Last year's team was not good enough to be competitive for a title and frankly I wish they had lost more games instead and improved their draft position. 

I'm glad for people who feel this was a monkey off their back. My monkey is still there and will be till we're truly an excellent team.

Thurman1, you are the man.  I agree 1000%.  I'm the guy who wanted to stay with NP, even if it meant losing every game thereafter.  I think the coach wanted to as well, but gave in to the vets.  Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

I'll still love the Bills if Tyrod is the starter next year.

I won't spend a dime on them until he's gone ... but I'll still love 'em.

And no ... it's not a "protest," and I know the Bills wouldn't feel it/give a ****.  It's simply a decision I've made to not spend hundreds of dollars to go to a game and watch crap football again.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Tyrod sucks.

Why can't some people see this? 

I guess it depends on your definition of "sucks."

When you've lived through Gary Marangi, Dan Manucci, Joe Dufek, and Bruce Mathison, Tyrod doesn't seem that bad.

He's not a franchise QB of course.  But franchise QBs are rare and hard to find.  If Beane doesn't get one, Tyrod may very well start under center again.

And if he does, I'll root for him wholeheartedly.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'll still love the Bills if Tyrod is the starter next year.

I won't spend a dime on them until he's gone ... but I'll still love 'em.

And no ... it's not a "protest," and I know the Bills wouldn't feel it/give a ****.  It's simply a decision I've made to not spend hundreds of dollars to go to a game and watch crap football again.

I mean.... they went 6-2 at home and then snuck into the playoffs.... unless you were going to away games how much crap football did you actually catch in orchard park?

I got to see NY, DEN, and Miami and never walked out thinking.... man i'm not giving these guys another dime. though i'll admit i'd never drive 15 hours to a playoff game again. lets not pretend like they were awful last year or the qb played awful at home as a general rule.... that just wasn't the case.

oh the horror of sitting through another potential 9-7 season with our new rookie waiting in the wings to take over! kill me now!

all that being said. I just hope they find a reliable vet to sign in the first day or 2 of free agency before tyrods bonus is due and we can move on and then it wont get talked about anymore.... doesn't matter what vet is starting the season next year. its all about the draft and hopefully getting the guy they want.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I mean.... they went 6-2 at home and then snuck into the playoffs.... unless you were going to away games how much crap football did you actually catch in orchard park?

I got to see NY, DEN, and Miami and never walked out thinking.... man i'm not giving these guys another dime. though i'll admit i'd never drive 15 hours to a playoff game again. lets not pretend like they were awful last year or the qb played awful at home as a general rule.... that just wasn't the case.

oh the horror of sitting through another potential 9-7 season with our new rookie waiting in the wings to take over! kill me now!

all that being said. I just hope they find a reliable vet to sign in the first day or 2 of free agency before tyrods bonus is due and we can move on and then it wont get talked about anymore.... doesn't matter what vet is starting the season next year. its all about the draft and hopefully getting the guy they want.

I caught the DEN game, in which we got lucky via an asinine penalty call on Von Miller.  And I caught the Jets game in New Jersey, which was some of the worst football I've ever seen in my life.

They were awful last year and Tyrod did play horribly, as a rule, at home and on the road.

I'm sorry you can't see the "playoff run," for the fluke that it was. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

you get that this is totally false though right? 

5-2 record at home

week 1 vs jets- 262 total yds 2 td and 

I'm sorry, manchild.  But you're wrong.  That 5-2 record at home that you keep throwing out had little (and I'm being generous by not saying "nothing") to do with Tyrod Taylor.

This is an old conversation that I'm not going to continue with you.

Toodles.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sorry, manchild.  But you're wrong.  That 5-2 record at home that you keep throwing out had little (and I'm being generous by not saying "nothing") to do with Tyrod Taylor.

Toodles.

well that was a errant message that I was in the middle of. somehow my fingers hit post before any of it was done..... go look at the numbers for his home games and you literally cannot fabricate that he played bad.....

no need to be a complete jerk.... but I get it. its sorta your thing.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Toodles.

week 1 vs jets- 262 total yds, 2td, 1 int, 92 rating.... putrid right?

week 3 vs den- 226 total yds 2 td, 0 int, 126 rating..... another awful game right?

week 6 vs tampa- 321 total yds, 1 td, 0 int 96 rating..... soooo bad right?

week 7 vs raiders- 166 total yds, 2td, 0 int, 101 rating.... awful? not really?

week 9 vs NO- 56 yds, 0 td, 1int..... he seriously was awful that day for sure

week 12 vs pats- 65 pass yds, 0td, 1int.... again. seriously bad.

week 15 vs fins- 266 total yds, 2 td, 0int, 94 rating..... another awful one I guess?

I'm ready to move on. personally I don't care who the vet is next year. that means nothing to me becuz its all about whomever they draft and their development. but what I wont do is make false statements to prove why. maybe before being a complete jag-off you actually do some research next time.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

well that was a errant message that I was in the middle of. somehow my fingers hit post before any of it was done..... go look at the numbers for his home games and you literally cannot fabricate that he played bad.....

no need to be a complete jerk.... but I get it. its sorta your thing.

week 1 vs jets- 262 total yds, 2td, 1 int, 92 rating.... putrid right?

week 3 vs den- 226 total yds 2 td, 0 int, 126 rating..... another awful game right?

week 6 vs tampa- 321 total yds, 1 td, 0 int 96 rating..... soooo bad right?

week 7 vs raiders- 166 total yds, 2td, 0 int, 101 rating.... awful? not really?

week 9 vs NO- 56 yds, 0 td, 1int..... he seriously was awful that day for sure

week 12 vs pats- 65 pass yds, 0td, 1int.... again. seriously bad.

week 15 vs fins- 266 total yds, 2 td, 0int, 94 rating..... another awful one I guess?

I'm ready to move on. but wont I wont do is make false statements to prove why. maybe before being a complete jag-off you actually do some research next time.

Cute stats.

You're still wrong.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

so they win... he has solid numbers..... but he played awful..... riiigghhhhtttt...... this post says all it needs to about you.

Do you work for ESPN?

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Do you work for ESPN?

look at those numbers. team it with the W's.... and then with a straight face tell me he played awful at home. you were wrong. its fine. you didn't do any sort of leg work. you made a blanket statement and it was wrong. deal with it..... the irony is you calling me the "man-child"

dude..... it  just makes you look foolish. he didn't play awful at home as a general rule. that's the bottom line. you can not like taylor, be ready to move on and at least still be accurate and fair. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

look at those numbers. team it with the W's.... and then with a straight face tell me he played awful at home. you were wrong. its fine. you didn't do any sort of leg work. you made a blanket statement and it was wrong. deal with it.

dude..... it  just makes you look foolish. he didn't play awful at home as a general rule. that's the bottom line. you can not like taylor, be ready to move on and at least still be accurate and fair. 

Leg work?  I watched the games.  In three years, if you haven't figured out that Taylor's stats paint an inaccurate picture, then I really don't know what to tell you.

If having under 100 yards passing in most halves of games = success to you, then great.  To me -  it means the QB sucks.

As for the wins - you can thank the 50+ yard field goals, crappy opponents and lucky/gift INTs that happened in nearly every win.

The Bills won EXACTLY ZERO games BECAUSE of "how well Tyrod Taylor played."

There are no stats you can look up for that, I'm sorry.

And the fact that you're citing QB Rating ... well ... that's just silly.

My assessment of Tyrod Taylor is absolutely accurate and absolutely fair.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Leg work?  I watched the games.  In three years, if you haven't figured out that Taylor's stats paint an inaccurate picture, then I really don't know what to tell you.

If having under 100 yards passing in most halves of games = success to you, then great.  To me -  it means the QB sucks.

As for the wins - you can thank the 50+ yard field goals, crappy opponents and lucky/gift INTs that happened in nearly every win.

The Bills won EXACTLY ZERO games BECAUSE of "how well Tyrod Taylor played."

There are no stats you can look up for that, I'm sorry.

And the fact that you're citing QB Rating ... well ... that's just silly.

My assessment of Tyrod Taylor is absolutely accurate and absolutely fair.

if you walked away from most of the home games I cited and felt he played awful. then no..... the bolded is 100% inaccurate. 

and just so i'm reading this right...... becuz they didn't win BECAUSE of him he played awful? I just wanna make sure we are on the same page here. plus i'd like to know just how far gone you are.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you seem to like to call people jerks, it's sorta your thing.

you seem like a really cool kid, really cool.

cde09f8f-21e9-4694-88ba-3051b022ce8f.gif

just you and gugs.... your gif game is always strong though i'll give you that.

carry on

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

just you and gugs..... 

carry on

so did you ever answer gug when he asked if the little boy in your avatar was you?

little boys should be real careful who they call a jerks. but hey, it's easy to do through the internet though isn't it, little boy.