If we keep Tyrod I will still love my Bills

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I guess it depends on your definition of "sucks."

When you've lived through Gary Marangi, Dan Manucci, Joe Dufek, and Bruce Mathison, Tyrod doesn't seem that bad.

He's not a franchise QB of course.  But franchise QBs are rare and hard to find.  If Beane doesn't get one, Tyrod may very well start under center again.

And if he does, I'll root for him wholeheartedly.  

Are they really though?

I seem to hear that constantly yet we seem to pass on potential franchise QB's every year. 

9 hours ago, KingRex said:

I also want to win an SB and agree that Tyrod is not the QB  likely to cause that to happen.  However, since I am afraid this TEAM  will need to walk before they run, that this squad is too old and needs to replace too many key parts that trading away draft resources to move and grab some alleged franchise QB like Darnold or either Josh is the wromg road to take to win the SB as soon as we can.

For me, I endorse following the Pittsburgh model of build a winning team first using our magnificent draft resource to get a startind DT (or 2), an LB, an OL guy )ort 2) and even a back-up RB.

Keep Tyrod as part of a low turnover run first (and second) O. Try to train up Peterman, but if he isn't the guy draft a QB like Big Ben when they won the SN and go for it all in 2019.

Tyrod or not, this TEAM is not ready to win it all.

There's an argument to be made for your model... but damn some people are just going to be screaming their heads off breaking their TVs and making claims they're done with the Bills if that's what happens.

The Bills have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.  Those picks are valuable.  This team is certainly getting old.  We're going to need to worry about RB, OL and DT in particular simply because of the age of the players in those positions, not necessarily because they need the upgrades.  Shady, Kyle, and Richie are all going to be gone within the next 2-3 years.  Wood obviously just retired.

McDermott's statement of "we are not as far along as people may think" could be viewed as a warning sign to temper expectations about making huge splashes for a QB in this draft because he and Beane see all this draft capital as an opportunity to flood the team with some young talent.

I'm going to be really surprised if the team doesn't draft a QB in the 1st round, but not absolutely shocked. 

I really want us to draft one because this QB class just looks so damn top heavy and I think even if we stayed put at #21 and drafted Jackson or maybe Allen (yuck!) if they fall to us, in any other year they could be viewed as guys who might go in the top 10 or even top 5.

But at the same time, if 5 QBs are drafted say in the top 20, that's going to push a lot of blue-chip talent down.

We have 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks, so draft a QB at #21 at least and you'll still have 3 picks remaining in the first 2 rounds.  That's the route I think we take.

But really, nothing is going to shock me in this draft at all.

11 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

little boys should be real careful who they call a jerks. but hey, it's easy to do through the internet though isn't it, little boy.

11 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

like I said, be careful. 

10 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

wow, that has to be the lowest class post I've seen on any bills board.

Threaten, threaten, play the victim. 

Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between a troll and an inferiority complex. 

• Haha (+1) 1