Jets Announce Release of DL Mo Wilkerson - Next Visit with Kansas City

26CornerBlitz

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

No one was going to take that monster contract like the Jags did with Dareus. 

But you trade and renegotiate.

This opens it up to the highest bidder.

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Trading Dareus to Jax then losing to Jax was a good move ?      

If you’re crediting the Jax win to primarily or significantly to Dareus then no amount of logic is going to help. 

Also, do we really need to review his history with Buffalo? Or the exorbitant cost? Well, then I guess there’s nothing else to discuss.

On 2/28/2018 at 8:53 PM, JMF2006 said:

But you trade and renegotiate.

This opens it up to the highest bidder.

Nah, he's not getting 17 mill. Besides, you can pay him whatever and structure it to fit your specific situation without giving up a draft pick or other asset . 

On 2/28/2018 at 3:13 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If the Jets have 100 min in cap space can they sign Cousins to a 100 mil 5 year contract that pays him 96 mil is the 1st year and just 1mil for 4 years?

That is not allowed under the salary cap rules. 

I'm not 100% sure of the exact numbers but IIRC, I believe the salary cap hit from year to year can differ no more than 50%. 

Thata why the 49ers were only able to make Garoppolo's cap hit so big in 2018. 

John Lynch said he would have made the cap hit even bigger in 2018 (since the 49ers had like $110M in cap space) if it were allowed. 

On 2/28/2018 at 6:55 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Do you really think that trading Dareus to Jacksonville was the reason they beat us in the wildcard game? 

Even with Dareus, do you think the offense scoring 3 points would have won the game? 

Also, the rushing statistics were pretty similar for both teams.

Jax ran for 150yds, Bills ran for 130. Both teams yards per rush were almost identical (4.1 vs 4.6) Neither team scored a rushing TD. McCoy rushed for more yards than Fournette did (75 to 57). 

I just don't see where the Dareus trade was in any way the difference in that game. 

Edited by BillsFan4

On 2/28/2018 at 6:55 PM, Teddy KGB said:

To be fair, trading Dareus was not about making the Bills better in 17 or for that matter 18, it was about all the cap room they save in 19 and beyond which is huge.

They clearly believed that he hadn't fully bought in and would never play at the level of his contract.

The loss of Dareus cerrainly impacted our run defense but I still believe it was the right move.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Jets Announce Release of DL Mo Wilkerson - Visiting with Green Bay
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Jets Announce Release of DL Mo Wilkerson - Now Visiting with New Orleans
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Jets Announce Release of DL Mo Wilkerson - Next Visiting with New Orleans
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Jets Announce Release of DL Mo Wilkerson - Next Visiting with Kansas City
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Jets Announce Release of DL Mo Wilkerson - Next Visit with Kansas City