NFL Combine - Measurements, Times, and Other News

thebandit27

10 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

How can a guy test so bad who all the draft experts had as a 1st round pick?  How does his lack of strength and athleticism not show up on film?  

The name on the front of the jersey tends to go a long way with "draft experts" early in the process.  In this case, he had an eye popping name on the front AND on the back of the jersey.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

How can a guy test so bad who all the draft experts had as a 1st round pick?  How does his lack of strength and athleticism not show up on film?  

It kind of does, but he’s so big that he’s still hard to move and get around. The path to the QB is still long. His technique is good from what I saw. The defenses in the big 12 aren’t great ... he did play OSU DL and they got a ton of pressure on Mayfield (he still killed them). But if you line him up against a top NFL pass rusher he would probably get washed. Disclaimer: I’m not a film watcher, just a fan watching games 

Edited by YoloinOhio

My. Boy.

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 168. #SouthCarolinaState LB Darius Leonard Height: 6-2 Weight: 234 Hand: 10 2/8? Arm: 34 3/8 Wingspan: 82 1/8?

6 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Brown looks like a kid who saw his name in the first round of some mocks and spent the last 2 months on the couch playing as himself in Madden.

He's having the worst combine I've ever seen

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

My. Boy.

#NFLCombine Key Measurements thread... 168. #SouthCarolinaState LB Darius Leonard Height: 6-2 Weight: 234 Hand: 10 2/8? Arm: 34 3/8 Wingspan: 82 1/8?

He might be a star. Leonard is going to go higher than most talking heads think.

5 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Looks like Mason Rudolph has Trump Hands and Josh Allen is Sasquatch

Notable QB measurements

Player Height Weight (lbs) Hand Size
Josh Allen 6'4-7/8" 237 10 1/8"
J.T. Barrett 6'1-2/8" 224 9 7/8"
Kurt Benkert 6'2-5/8" 218 9 4/8"
Sam Darnold 6'3-3/8" 221 9 3/8"
Luke Falk 6'3-5/8" 215 9 2/8"
Riley Ferguson 6'2-6/8" 212 9 5/8"
Lamar Jackson 6'2-2/8" 216 9 4/8"
Kyle Lauletta 6'2-5/8" 222 9 6/8"
Baker Mayfield 6'0-5/8" 214 9 2/8"
Josh Rosen 6'4" 226 9 7/8"
Mason Rudolph 6'4-1/2" 234 9 1/8"
Mike White 6'4-5/8" 224

9 4/8"

Maybe Allen´s huge paw has to do with him -reportedly - being able to fly the pigskin over 90 yards! 

42 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The name on the front of the jersey tends to go a long way with "draft experts" early in the process.  In this case, he had an eye popping name on the front AND on the back of the jersey.

AND he's 6 foot 8 and an absolute hulking human being

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...what the hell was he towing?.......

About size 56 ZZZ  Breasts ;) 

47 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

They only seen in him in pads? ;) 

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It just keeps getting worse for him:

Update: *14 bench reps * 5.85 40 *19.5 vertical *6'10" broad *yelled at for loafing

We're legitimately in Zach Banner territory now. Off boards kinda bad.

Edited by Blokestradamus

1 minute ago, Blokestradamus said:

We're legitimately in Zach Banner territory now. Off boards kinda bad.

He is absolutely off of my board.  That stinker of a performance shows me that he had no interest in even being there.

I had my reservations about him, and what I really wanted to see was if the kid held up in college because he was able to get the most out of his considerable physical gifts, or if he held up in college because he relied solely upon those considerable physical gifts.

Guess I've got my answer.

And I wouldn't draft him with someone else's pick.

• Haha (+1) 1

Bo Scarbrough just broke the Combine record (since 2006) for RB broad jumps with an 11'4" result. At 232 pounds.

I told y'all this kid was going to make noise...

Kalen Ballage 1st unofficial forty: 4.46

On 2/28/2018 at 1:05 PM, thebandit27 said:

Here's one of my favorites:

#ASU RB Kalen Ballage:
Height: 6-1 4/8
Weight: 228
Hand: 9 4/8
Arm: 32 6/8
Wingspan: 77 1/8#NFLCombine https://twitter.com/PantherNationPC/status/968881298206085125 

Watch what happens when Ballage runs a sub-4.5 time

4 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I wonder if Orlando can re-do this broad jump but just fall face-first. It might be an improvement :D

..........could also re-measure his vertical while lying face first.....HAS to be more than 19" high......pretty sad stuff and a helluva way to embarrass yourself..

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Bo Scarbrough just broke the Combine record (since 2006) for RB broad jumps with an 11'4" result. At 232 pounds.

I told y'all this kid was going to make noise...

Kalen Ballage 1st unofficial forty: 4.46

Draftscouts predicted that exact time in October. Never seen the kid play but did some research after you mentioned him.