If we keep Tyrod. I'm done.

BuffaloBud420

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that the plan at this point is for Tyrod to be the veteran (unless they can trade him) and they will draft a guy early. The only thing that differs for me is that I thought there was about a 25% chance Tyrod was back as the vet and I’d say it’s 75% now (ish). 

One thing that is pretty clear is they were not too happy with Denison’s work. 

I still think the chance he is back is less than 10%.  I don't think they have any desire to have him as the veteran.  It is the last option only in my opinion.  Picking the option up is purely about making him more attractive as a trade proposition.  The Bills are willing to pay that bit extra to get something back for him rather than cutting him.  

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I still think the chance he is back is less than 10%.  I don't think they have any desire to have him as the veteran.  It is the last option only in my opinion.  Picking the option up is purely about making him more attractive as a trade proposition.  The Bills are willing to pay that bit extra to get something back for him rather than cutting him.  

Maybe so, but it will depend some on the market. As an example, I think that there’s no chance a guy like McCarron or Keenum is the vet. They aren’t going to have the Tyrod dead money AND a bunch of money in a different vet. It could be someone like McCown I think. My thinking is that $18M (or whatever it is) in cap space is probably the max that they are willing to go on the vet. It will likely only be for a year as well (turning it over to a rookie in 2019). Tyrod checks a lot of those boxes for them.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe so, but it will depend some on the market. As an example, I think that there’s no chance a guy like McCarron or Keenum is the vet. They aren’t going to have the Tyrod dead money AND a bunch of money in a different vet. It could be someone like McCown I think. My thinking is that $18M (or whatever it is) in cap space is probably the max that they are willing to go on the vet. It will likely only be for a year as well (turning it over to a rookie in 2019). Tyrod checks a lot of those boxes for them.

Come back to my rip off the band aid point.  The drama around starting and then benching Tyrod again is a distraction I just do not think they want. I don't expect it is Keenum either (he will have a chance to go somewhere and start).  McCarron I find the market for him harder to judge but I doubt he is here.  I really think they will trade Tyrod for a 4th or a 5th as a 1 year $10m deal to Cleveland or Arizona and end up with McCown or Fitzpatrick or someone of that ilk and a guy they trade up to draft.  

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Come back to my rip off the band aid point.  The drama around starting and then benching Tyrod again is a distraction I just do not think they want. I don't expect it is Keenum either (he will have a chance to go somewhere and start).  McCarron I find the market for him harder to judge but I doubt he is here.  I really think they will trade Tyrod for a 4th or a 5th as a 1 year $10m deal to Cleveland or Arizona and end up with McCown or Fitzpatrick or someone of that ilk and a guy they trade up to draft.  

If Beane can get a 4th for Tyrod, I just might start buying large quantities of Beane Stock. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Cant stand another year of garbage QB play from the Bills...and people getting exciting about signing a 30 year old corner is a joke. EJ Gaines is 10x the player. 

You'll be back no matter what just under a different screen name, if you've gone this far with the team then it's inevitable. I wasn't excited about Davis at 1st either but the possibility that he can return to form, he was outstanding 2 seasons ago, I mean lock down, one of the best corners in the league outstanding. If he can rekindle even a small portion of that.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It's not a distraction if the QB playing is better.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

which QB?  The difference with the rookie if they take a 1st round guy is they don't need him to instantly play better.  The benching would be even more inevitable than this year's and it will be "look at poor old under appreciated Tyrod again" in the national media.  I believe McDermott and Beane have zero appetite for that.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

One thing that is pretty clear is they were not too happy with Denison’s work

Well, they guy tried to play tolbert as though he were shady and that was a fail; and he kept calling for passes to tolbert and dood cannot catch.  He played tyrod all wrong too. 

Of course, he also got shafted right before the opening game when he came to the office and learned his 1 and 2 WRs were traded.  Ha.  Talk about a bad morning "hey rick, grab a cup of coffee and meet me in my office.  Need to tell you something."

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

which QB?  The difference with the rookie if they take a 1st round guy is they don't need him to instantly play better.  The benching would be even more inevitable than this year's and it will be "look at poor old under appreciated Tyrod again" in the national media.  I believe McDermott and Beane have zero appetite for that.  

this is a really fair point. and as a guy that has gone to bat for taylor quite a bit.... I don't think he could find a level of play good enough to quell the benching talks all together. which goes back to your "band aid" point. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all. I think that everyone knows the guy that they draft in the 1st will be the QB when ready.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all. I think that everyone knows the guy that they draft in the 1st will be the QB when ready.

Correct.  I don't think the national media could spin another "Tyrod is disrespected" narrative if the Bills go QB in round 1. It would make less sense than their first go around.  

Just now, stony said:

Correct.  I don't think the national media could spin another "Tyrod is disrespected" narrative if the Bills go QB in round 1. It would make less sense than their first go around.  

What if the Bills are over .500 when they make the change?  Because that was what happened when the Giants benched Kurt Warner for Eli Manning and Eli was a 1st overall pick with the surname "Manning".

Just now, T-Bomb said:

It makes sense to keep him until they have something better on the roster and ready to play at a level above his. Not sure why this is so hard for some people to understand...

Because I don't agree with it.  The only questions the Bills should be asking themselves are:

1) which rookie in this class do we want;

2) how do we make sure we get them;

3) how do we create the best situation for that rookie.

To me Tyrod as your veteran is not doing #3.  Now you still need a veteran... you just need one without the history, the baggage and the drama that the Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo story is.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

True. It’s like with KC, no one was calling for Patrick Mahomes the first 10 weeks.

But the problem is if TT struggles like Smith for a few games, the roar from the fans and media to play the rookie will be insane here