Dion Lewis not expecting to re-sign with Pats

YoloinOhio

He's a guy I would be very interested in, but I'm not sure he'd be thrilled with being Shady's backup again.

He's also a guy I think will surprise people how much he gets on the market, teams were trying hard to trade for him early last year and he's got some real believers around the league.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

He's a guy I would be very interested in, but I'm not sure he'd be thrilled with being Shady's backup again.

He's also a guy I think will surprise people how much he gets on the market, teams were trying hard to trade for him early last year and he's got some real believers around the league.

I’m not expecting him to sign with the Bills. I think he wants a bigger role. I’m just glad we won’t be playing him twice/year. He always seemed to kill us. Just stay away from the Jets and Fish.

Edited by YoloinOhio

45 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

He is a Pitt guy...

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not expecting him to sign with the Bills. I think he wants a bigger role. I’m just glad we won’t be playing him twice/year. He always seemed to kill us. Just stay away from the Jets and Fish.

Agreed on everything 

52 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’d rather have him than Ivory.

respectfully disagree.

7 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Yeah wouldn't we all but Dion is probably more money and would count towards comp picks. Ivory does not. Lewis is the better player but Ivory has his advantages

Ivory balls and makes defenders regret trying to tackle him. Get him some bubble screen on Gilmore and he gets run over 90% of the time.

Call it Pats bias, but I find Lewis overrated, Ivory incredibly underrated.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I look at it is he's more versatile that Ivory.  Ivory is more of a pound the ball inside the tackles while Ivory can go inside, outside and is a pretty good threat in the passing game.

wouldn't we want a better complimentary player to Shady?

I miss having a running back punish these pansy a** secondaries these days

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Call it Pats bias, but I find Lewis overrated, Ivory incredibly underrated.

wouldn't we want a better complimentary player to Shady?

I miss having a running back punish these pansy a** secondaries these days

I would not be unhappy with Ivory.  If I had to pick between the two, I would go Lewis.  Those little shifty backs are just so hard to contain.

But yes, having him punish those in the 2nd and 3rd level is valuable as well.

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

respectfully disagree.

Ivory balls and makes defenders regret trying to tackle him. Get him some bubble screen on Gilmore and he gets run over 90% of the time.

Yep Ivory is a 1-cut grinder. I hated playing him when he was with the NYJ. He might not be a starter at this point but he’s a great 1-2 lunch with Shady.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I would not be unhappy with Ivory.  If I had to pick between the two, I would go Lewis.  Those little shifty backs are just so hard to contain.

But yes, having him punish those in the 2nd and 3rd level is valuable as well.

Ivory has to be pretty darn cheap, we could get both could we not? I don't like talking cap talk, but if we're not pursuing much else in FA, I want skill players on offense, especially where they can spell our superstar.

That or save money for a big time WR. (see Alshon Jeffrey last year) I think he made more of an impact there than we give credit for. Any FA WR studs out in the market? Martavis would be good for Tyrod (or anyone, he's versatile). That corps needs a major overhaul, and I find KB's skill set limited. If his problem is getting separation and excels at contested catches, he  just sounds like a nerfed Jeffrey IMO.

And draft the trenches. Our time will come for a QB boys, but don't tell me our offense won't look better with better skill position players, a better line, surrounding the QB (see Vikings). Add that to our playoff defense and we look more and more like the Jags model without a mediocre QB eating cap.

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

He'll be more expensive, and will count against the comp pick formula.

It also depends whos the QB, and how you plan to use the guy.  I think he's looking to start, not be a backup/spell back.

does he not spell where he is currently? Also didn't imagine him to be expensive.

Also I'm glad this young Pats talent isn't gelling with Beli's lame "do your work "mantra"

good news on all fronts boys :D

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

I would be happier with Ivory over Lewis. Dion is the same kinda back we have with shady.

I would prefer a bigger back who can run hard. I’d like to see Ivory and Jeremy Hill both signed to backup shady. Not sure we’ll have a top notch passing game so I’d definitely like to see some bruising backs 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Lewis would be useless here.

He is 100% a product of the pats’ system. Similar to guys like Kevin Faulk and James white. I have little faith that we could use him in such an effective manner. And we would probably use him in a way where he would get injured.

by the way, I saw both Lewis and McCoy play a lot at pitt and always thought lewis was the better back in college, but don’t think his body can hold up as a regular NFL back.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

20 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

And draft the trenches. Our time will come for a QB boys, but don't tell me our offense won't look better with better skill position players, a better line, surrounding the QB (see Vikings). Add that to our playoff defense and we look more and more like the Jags model without a mediocre QB eating cap.

does he not spell where he is currently? Also didn't imagine him to be expensive.

Also I'm glad this young Pats talent isn't gelling with Beli's lame "do your work "mantra"

good news on all fronts boys :D

After they benched Gillislee, he had 10+ carries every game except 1.  He had over 1000 total yards.  

When it comes to backup RBs, I'd honestly rather have the comp pick.

Unlike quarterbacks... solid running backs require a small investment in order to stumble into a few great years.  I would prefer to gamble on a mid round rb vs spend more money at a position that is naturally prone to injury.