Jets QB situation: Who would scare you the most?

YoloinOhio

As a Bills fan, who do you least want to see as next QB of the Jets?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. This Jets QB draft pick, trade or signing would scare me the most...

• Kirk Cousins
    • Tyrod Taylor
    • Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Josh Allen
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Josh McCown
    • Nick Foles
    • Other

The Jets are in both a financial and draft position to either sign Cousins or get one of the top QBs without a big trade up. They could also acquire a guy like Taylor or Foles. Which one would scare you the most as a Bills fan?

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Jets are in both a financial and draft position to either sign Cousins or get one of the top QBs without a big trade up. They could also acquire a guy like Taylor or Foles. Which one would scare you the most as a Bills fan?

It does not matter but points out the problem of going all in on QB for the Bills.  The Bills need to seriously invest in defense to have a chance in this conference.  If Luck comes back then we have him, Brady, the Jets new QB, Big Ben, Cleveland's top guy, Dalton on his good days, Carr, Rivers, and down the line to contend with.  It will not matter that we have a guy that can have 300 yard games if we get beat in 35-24 type games every week.

• Haha (+1) 1

I understand the fear related to them finally getting a “real QB” if they sign Cousins. But I think I would be more worried about them drafting the future in a Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield. I feel like Cousins might get them to 8-8 or 9-7 but I think it would take up a lot of cap and their team is younger, not really win-now. They are really more built to start over with a rookie.  And if they get to that record with Cousind they might keep Bowles for a few more years which i would like. 

I picked Rosen but Mayfield would be 2nd.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It does not matter but points out the problem of going all in on QB for the Bills.  The Bills need to seriously invest in defense to have a chance in this conference.  If Luck comes back then we have him, Brady, the Jets new QB, Big Ben, Cleveland's top guy, Dalton on his good days, Carr, Rivers, and down the line to contend with.  It will not matter that we have a guy that can have 300 yard games if we get beat in 35-24 type games every week.

Not sure if serious with this

I would love the Jets to give Cousins an utterly insane contract.  I fear them getting Rosen, assuming the Browns take Darnold that means we are left with Baker as an absolute best case scenario.

I think our best case scenario  is the Jets signing Cousins and taking them out of the QB market, Denver giving a decent contract to a guy like Keenum and not feeling pressure to take a QB high, eliminating the desire for Denver or Jests to move up from 5-6 to get Rosen and putting use in a position to have the best trade package without selling too much.

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Not sure if serious with this

Very serious.  You can use the draft to fix either QB or the middle of the defense with FA to presumably fix the other.  The guys wanting to use several picks to trade up to grab a QB are way over estimating what is out there for FA defensive talent.  McDermott and Frazier might coach up one guy but the odds are against reclaiming 3 or 4 players into top 10's at their positions. 

1 minute ago, RochesterRob said:

Very serious.  You can use the draft to fix either QB or the middle of the defense with FA to presumably fix the other.  The guys wanting to use several picks to trade up to grab a QB are way over estimating what is out there for FA defensive talent.  McDermott and Frazier might coach up one guy but the odds are against reclaiming 3 or 4 players into top 10's at their positions. 

You realize what you're talking about is the template of the previous 17 years' failures, right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm surprised to see that Kirk Cousins is leading this poll so far. He does not scare me AT ALL.

Actually, that's one of the reasons I DON'T want the Bills to draft him. Because if I have an opponent coming up, and I look and see that their QB is Cousins, I'm just not worried. He's an all-stats, no "special something" guy to me. He's a Cutler or a Stafford, not a Brady or a Brees. 

Ask the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles how they felt about going up against Cousins twice a year for the past 3 years...

I voted Rosen. I really don't want them to get better in any way, but I fear that Rosen could be a dominant QB in this league for years to come and I either want him on the Bills or in another division. Probably strange that I feel like Cousins is "less of a threat" but I guess it is because he is a known entity and I feel like I know where his ceiling is.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I'm surprised to see that Kirk Cousins is leading this poll so far. He does not scare me AT ALL.

Actually, that's one of the reasons I DON'T want the Bills to draft him. Because if I have an opponent coming up, and I look and see that their QB is Cousins, I'm just not worried. He's an all-stats, no "special something" guy to me. He's a Cutler or a Stafford, not a Brady or a Brees. 

Ask the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles how they felt about going up against Cousins twice a year for the past 3 years...

Yeah, I don't really see it either with Cousins.  For me, it's not that he is a bad QB. It's that he is going to demand a huge price tag which could actually end up hurting the Jets.  The scariest possible thing is for the Jets to draft a rookie QB and see that rookie start year one and immediately have success.  That would mean a) we're going to have to be playing the Jets with a competent QB for a long time and b) they're going to get ~4 years of service from said QB at bargain prices

The notion that the organization will go to any lengths to sign him is patently false. There’s a difference between making a strong and aggressive move for a player (aka – an all-in mindset) and actually recklessly overspending. The Jets aren’t going to hand Cousins a blank check, according to team sources.

That would just be plain ol’ dumb business.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-feel-signing-qb-kirk-cousins-article-1.3835520