Jets QB situation: Who would scare you the most?

YoloinOhio

As a Bills fan, who do you least want to see as next QB of the Jets?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. This Jets QB draft pick, trade or signing would scare me the most...

• Kirk Cousins
    • Tyrod Taylor
    • Sam Darnold
    • Josh Rosen
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Josh Allen
    • Lamar Jackson
    • Josh McCown
    • Nick Foles
    • Other

I don’t know how the Jets don’t find a way to get one of the QBs in the draft given the youth of their roster that they stripped down and then build around him in FA. Kirk Cousin is 30 and his window doesn’t exactly match theirs. But then you look at the current regime’s failures in drafting QBs in the last 3 years and it makes you wonder if they punt and go FA this time. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm far more concerned about whichever QB they may draft.  Cousins is a solid player but I think he's reached his ceiling and will cost a fortune limiting the Jets ability to add talent to a weak skill group.  Cousins isn't going to carry a team to the post season by himself as hes demonstrated in Washington. 

The Jets landing a younger, cheaper, franchise level QB playing under a rookie contract for 5 years worries me more.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/21/2018 at 10:59 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I understand the fear related to them finally getting a “real QB” if they sign Cousins. But I think I would be more worried about them drafting the future in a Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield. I feel like Cousins might get them to 8-8 or 9-7 but I think it would take up a lot of cap and their team is younger, not really win-now. They are really more built to start over with a rookie.  And if they get to that record with Cousind they might keep Bowles for a few more years which i would like. 

I picked Rosen but Mayfield would be 2nd.

Agreed. I'd fear a draft pick more than Cousins.

Cousins has been starting for Washington for the last 3 seasons and in that time they went 7-9, 8-7-1, and 9-7.

Sure, you can say the team around him sucked. But if the contract rumors are true, and the Jets keep being the Jets, he's going to have a sucky team around him in NY too. It'll just be more of the same.

I voted Baker because he has “it.” I don’t know if he will be great but we will have to hate him if he is (and is elsewhere). Cousins is okay but doesn’t scare me. Jackson and Tyrod are unconventional and can be hard to contain at a given time. Rosen has the most talent of all of them and Allen has a massive ceiling. I honestly wouldn’t hate if the Jets overpaid for Cousins or Foles. I’m not going to worry about having to play average starting QBs twice a year. I don’t want to play stars. 

41 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

After shutting down Taylor I see no way the Jets even think of signing Taylor when he is a FA. 

Since Bowles took over as HC of the Jets, Tyrod's average game against them is 20/31 for 229 and 2 TDS, with 6 carries for 32 yards on the ground as well.

YPA of 7.5, TD% of 5%, TD/TO of 3.33, Passer Rating of 98.7, and an ANY/A of 6.80. I'd imagine they respect what he brings to the table.