AJ McCarron wins grievance vs Bengals, is UFA

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Heitz said:

Yeah, because that guy says so. ?

Call me skeptical, but when an article has a “want to write for us?” Link halfway through the article I tend to take it w a grain of salt (even with the giant font)...

thank you.

4 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

Why such big bold lettering?

he likes to be noticed.

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I don't get what the hype is with this guy, he can't even beat out noodle armed Dalton.

I thought that too at first.   Then I watched some of his game videos and realized he probably was/is pushing Dalton for the starting job.    Dalton has a lot more veteran experience.   AJ might be a better passer than Dalton though.    Won't know until he plays more.

I sense that right now (among non-starting quarterbacks) McCarron probably has the best chance to become a franchise QB for a team.    More so in fact than guys who have gotten more playing time than him like Glennon.   

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

I thought that too at first.   Then I watched some of his game videos and realized he probably was/is pushing Dalton for the starting job.    Dalton has a lot more veteran experience.   AJ might be a better passer than Dalton though.    Won't know until he plays more.

I sense that right now (among non-starting quarterbacks) McCarron probably has the best chance to become a franchise QB for a team.    More so in fact than guys who have gotten more playing time than him like Glennon.   

Of all the FA qbs, he's the one I would target, though my preference is that we trade up for one of Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 2

I would be very interested in mccarron  if they don’t plan to trade up for a top QB.

I believe McCarron will make his decision based on the team  that he feels is going to give him  the best chance to start. He will ask about their QB plans in the draft and it will be a factor. If he signs somewhere, I believe that team will consider him the starter. Things could always change but that will be his biggest determinant in the decision. He wants to be the guy, not a bridge. Jmo

• Like (+1) 1

Bucky Brooks thinks he could be a QB1.  Could be the guys for the Bills.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917349/article/patriots-qb-succession-plan-marcus-peters-trade-assessment

"Buffalo Bills: If the team moves on from Tyrod Taylor -- and it seems to me like they might be trying to create a trade market for him right now -- McCarron could be the right guy to replace him as the new QB1. He knows how to play winning football in a blue-collar fashion and his Alabama ties could make him an ideal fit in Brian Daboll's scheme. With Sean McDermott intent on rebuilding the winning culture in Buffalo, McCarron's pedigree could serve him well as the new starter in Buffalo."

Edited by PIZ

13 minutes ago, PIZ said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917349/article/patriots-qb-succession-plan-marcus-peters-trade-assessment

"Buffalo Bills: If the team moves on from Tyrod Taylor -- and it seems to me like they might be trying to create a trade market for him right now -- McCarron could be the right guy to replace him as the new QB1. He knows how to play winning football in a blue-collar fashion and his Alabama ties could make him an ideal fit in Brian Daboll's scheme. With Sean McDermott intent on rebuilding the winning culture in Buffalo, McCarron's pedigree could serve him well as the new starter in Buffalo."

? I need Bucky to explain what this means. Are we talking lunch pail level level grit? 

I find it a bit humorous with the "love and devotion" to the college system 

Buffalo Bills: If the team moves on from Tyrod Taylor -- and it seems to me like they might be trying to create a trade market for him right now -- McCarron could be the right guy to replace him as the new QB1. He knows how to play winning football in a blue-collar fashion and his Alabama ties could make him an ideal fit in Brian Daboll's scheme. With Sean McDermott intent on rebuilding the winning culture in Buffalo, McCarron's pedigree could serve him well as the new starter in Buffalo.

Seriously?   4 or 5 years ago, did Daboll or McDermott have anything to do with Alabama from 2010 to 2013 class when McCarron was there?  

10 hours ago, PIZ said:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Here's another link that lists the Bills as a possibility.  This link mentions the Alabama connection by saying Daboll and Saban could discuss McCarron as a fit for Buffalo and Daboll's offense.  I think this is our guy.  He and McDermott will not doubt hit it off.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-aj-mccarron-landing-spots-browns-get-a-second-chance-at-quarterback/

3 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Here's another link that lists the Bills as a possibility.  This link mentions the Alabama connection by saying Daboll and Saban could discuss McCarron as a fit for Buffalo and Daboll's offense.  I think this is our guy.  He and McDermott will not doubt hit it off.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-aj-mccarron-landing-spots-browns-get-a-second-chance-at-quarterback/

I’m not opposed to mccarron at all... but why would he and McDermott hit it off? Mccarron turned off a lot of teams in the draft process with his attitude and propensity to blame everyone around him. 

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m not opposed to mccarron at all... but why would he and McDermott hit it off? Mccarron turned off a lot of teams in the draft process with his attitude and propensity to blame everyone around him. 

Simple, it fits the narrative. 

Edited by Cripple Creek

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

like I said 

I find it a bit humorous with the "love and devotion" to the college 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

How many years ago did he interview poorly? His attitude and work ethic in the pros should be the guide to judging his character. I really don't know much about him because he hasn't played much. He is entering the market in a good situation for him. There are plenty of teams that need competent qb play, including the Bills. While saying that I don't see him selecting a team that is going to use a high draft picket for a qb of the future. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Obviously I have no way of knowing if this next statement is true of McCarron or that he and McD would be a good fit, but: sometimes in life, our greatest lesson in humility through failure provides the best chance at success.

It *might* be that he had that confidence and belief in himself that all the other teams would look at his resume and see what he sees....but, in essence they really didn't. Now, with some years on the bench, a little experience, and some time for introspection he might be a humbler and hungrier player than he's ever been. I have no insight as to whether he does or not, but if he does....THEN, it might be a good fit. 

What I find interesting is that Brooks discussed the Patriots QBs and how a few of the Rookies might fit withe Pats*, but by Brooks' own description, it also appears McCarron is a good fit. The Pats'* recent history suggests they might prefer that route over the Drafted one. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think McDermott and Beane are too smart to be swayed by that.  I think they will be able to look past that, and see this guy is just confident, and wants to be the guy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350354/article/bengals-aj-mccarron-says-predraft-reports-hurt

what would be the market for mccarron? i think just zona and us right?  he's gonna wanna go to a team where he has a legit shot at being qb.  i doubt he's going to want to go to a team that has a high pick rookie coming waiting for his first pick to be thrown.