AJ McCarron wins grievance vs Bengals, is UFA

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

what would be the market for mccarron? i think just zona and us right?  he's gonna wanna go to a team where he has a legit shot at being qb.  i doubt he's going to want to go to a team that has a high pick rookie coming waiting for his first pick to be thrown. 

Yes, he’s not signing anywhere as a bridge guy. He wants to start.

49 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I think McDermott and Beane are too smart to be swayed by that.  I think they will be able to look past that, and see this guy is just confident, and wants to be the guy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350354/article/bengals-aj-mccarron-says-predraft-reports-hurt

Interesting. I'd forgotten he had either real or flawed beliefs he would go as high as first round. If the old scouts not caring for his personality is true, which is usually BS, I think higher of him. He could have been underdrafted and with his experience he could be a decent pick up.

Edited by horned dogs

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/08/theres_a_presence_when_hes_in.html

From 2015, but still is telling in my opinion:

"You definitely know when AJ's in the huddle," tight end Tyler Kroft told the Cincinnati Enquirer. "There's a presence when he's in there. I think he's a real good person, one, and then, two, he's a really smart quarterback and he knows what's going on. He's not afraid to make the calls to put us in the best situation."

Running back James Wilder Jr., who said McCarron barked at him to get in the right spot when he lined up wrong on Cincinnati's 2-point conversion attempt, lauded the QB's leadership.

"He took charge," Wilder said. "He's not just one of these guys just making plays. He's a leader. We're real tight. That's the thing I love about him. When I'm in there, I'm making sure no one touches AJ. He's that guy who brings everybody in if things aren't going right. 'Everybody huddle up.' That's something you need."

McCarron said he's played like that since he was a Trimmier Park Jet in Mobile.

"I've been that way ever since I started playing football," McCarron said. "I play with a lot of passion, excitement. There's a different side to me when I step inside the white lines. I try to make everybody feed off that."

Cincinnati coach Marvin Lewis said McCarron was ready when the Bengals were finally able to call his number.

"We've got a guy who has a lot of moxie, has a lot of other experience," Lewis said. "I think in that situation, you'd have to go in and play to AJ's strengths and continue to do that. When the season rolls around, that second guy doesn't get many snaps. But in AJ, you have a guy who last year, even with being on the PUP list, was pushed to prepare as if he was the starting quarterback, and he did that. He welcomed that challenge all the time with (quarterbacks coach) Kenny (Zampese). He stood back there with me in practice all the time, and I told him the play, and he went through everything in his mind, and he talked it. That's what you want."

Anybody else find this interesting? Did NFL teams overreact to his interviews? I think it's possible they did.

NFL Combine Grades 2014 Draft(draft#,Grade):

#3 Bortles 6.4

#22 Manziel 5.9

#32 Bridgewater 6.3

#36 Carr 5.8

#62 Garappolo 5.4

#120 L.Thomas 5.4

#135 Savage 5.2

#163 Murray 5.2

#164 McCarron 5.7

#178 Mettenberger 5.3

#183 Fales 5.2