Draft Wire Full 7 Rd Mock

11 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Rudolph is a great prospect...if you don’t like him as a QB in NFL, please make sure you have the numbers and perspective to back it up. His production was off the charts for 3 years....and got better every....year. 

Then you need to keep reading. Traspasso has him as the #1 QB in the Draft. He’s a phenomenal talent with great potential.

lol one guy? Great. Sell the farm for him. 

i'm ok with rudolph. i don't see them getting a whiff of darnold or rosen. no thanks to moving up for allen. in order to get mayfield, we either have to go to 3 or 5.

personally if we can't get mayfield, i see bradford, nate and rudolph. however, that no. 21 or 22 looks a helluva lot better being foles. then take white, lauletta or fergy later on.

I'm fine with whatever scenario gets us one of Darnold, Rosen, or Mayfield.  Do whatever it takes to get 1 of those three.  Give up what you need to give up and take the swing at a franchise QB.  If it works, that's awesome.  If it doesn't......you know what happens?  You get to take another swing at it in a couple years.  You can figure it out.  So yeah.....give up whatever you need to to get your hands on one of those guys and go from there. 

where is savior peterman? if we can't get cousins or foles....and are left with oft injured qbs, or soon to be overpaid backups,

why is sp not telling us we will be ok with nate?  btw, i do believe nate can become a bradford/foles/a. smith talent.

i'd be extremely surprised if we can get mayfield and i think rudolph is gonna need at least a yea,r so what say sp?

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

lol one guy? Great. Sell the farm for him. 

No, I was pressed for time - and Traspasso is more than just “one guy”. Exceptionally knowledgeable with good insight. But I agree, one opinion will not and should not change someone’s mind. But, a number of others as you look through reports will highlight his “positive” attributes - all of which are NFL quality and caliber attributes for a QB - but question one thing: the system. And the larger issue here is that nearly all QBs transitioning from college to NFL have system issue related concerns. 

But, if you look at his career numbers and how they progressed - even after having really good production as a Sophmore - you see growth and an ability to improve in his most significant developmental years. Additionally he has great NFL quality vertical arm strength, is 6’5”, has really good accuracy percentage, and just won the Johnny Unitas award. FWIW, he also checks all of the Parcells’ criteria for a QB. I’ve posted numbers in the past but they’re easy to find if you’re really interested in developing a well-informed insight as a QB. Moreover, his video shows good throws all across the field, tight window throws, long bombs, good touch, and an ability to give the receivers a chance at YAC - which they do often, notably inflating his numbers as well.

OSU heavy draft. I like Washington in the 2nd, but I'd prefer Jackson over Rudolph (at least right now). Like DI as the other 1st, but really hoping we can snag Vea. 

Also glad we aren't getting Price in the 1st here. 

7 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

A 7 round mock draft is like a weather forecast for the week of June 20th....done on February 8th.  

On June 20th it'll be a low of 53 and a high of 74, 10% chance of rain

On June 21st it'll be a low of 55 and high of 72, 30% chance of rain...

Start planning your activities for those days now!

I want to grab a beer with you!

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

A 7 round mock draft is like a weather forecast for the week of June 20th....done on February 8th.  

On June 20th it'll be a low of 53 and a high of 74, 10% chance of rain

On June 21st it'll be a low of 55 and high of 72, 30% chance of rain...

Start planning your activities for those days now!

:lol: Right. Or maybe those Sunday morning exact score predictions. Draft talk can be an entertaining diversion, but this whole mock draft thing is ridiculous now. Does anyone ever go back to see exactly how many draft picks are correctly predicted even in the first round? Can't be more than about 4 or 5.

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Thanks for sharing. 

I do not like this draft, at all.  Here are my issues: 

1.  Rudolph in the 1st.  I'd rather take Luke Falk in the 5th or whenever he went in this draft.  Really, I'd rather take someone with a huge upside like L. Jackson in the 1st.  My guess is we are going to have a vet like Bradford/Keenum for the rookie to learn behind.  

2.  The Jets got Mayfield.  

3.  Why are we drafting 2 QB's.  We have other holes to fill.  (OL, LB, TE, etc.) Get a rookie, a vet and Peterman.  

4.  I think I'd take Kirk over Washington at WR.    

I love this draft.  I'd do it for Rosen or Mayfield.  Not sure I'd trade up for Darnold.  Still doesn't seem day 1 ready, IMO.  Another thing is the Jets trade for Allen.  Leaving Mayfield on the board.  Such a  JETS thing to do!   

IDK if Rosen's personality would fit with McDermott. I'd take Darnold. I think he built for northeast weather even if he doesn't play for a year I think he'd be great here. Big physical kid. Built like Luck and wants to be great. Wants to be a general. I'd take my chances on him over the others.

8 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

Mason Rudolph in the first is insane. He's a 2nd day prospect at best.

This is my problem with this years qb class. There doesn't seem to be a single analyst or armchair GM that ranks them the same as any other analyst. One guy on CBS has Rudolph as the top qb, rated the 10th overall prospect. Some have him going day 3. Some have Allen as a late first round guy. Kiper has him going first overal to the Browns. The true value of these guys is anyone's guess, and I don't know how anyone that hasn't spent extensive time studying film (with the necessary knowledge to adequately analyze them) could definitively say where in the draft they should be taken. 

I'm not sure if WR is going to be a priority in the draft as much as people think, we invested a 3rd for Kelvin benjamin, spent a 2nd round pick on Zay Jones who's developing still, so were going to spend another 2nd round pick on a slot WR? This could happen but the more logical idea would sign a possibly cheaper FA like John Brown, Bruce Ellington or Taylor Gabriel imo. Brown might come in more expensive but he's been riddled with injures. 

Wouldn't touch Rudolph. He and Allen are the two QBs I hope Beane and McDermott really want nothing to do with... Pretty sure I'm wrong and they like both though.

I'd trade up to 4-5 and land Mayfield. They can do it without having to make a stupid RG3 type trade.  

It's unfortunate the draft is before Free Agency. If they could land Mayfield, I wouldn't even worry about signing a vet as a "place holder" until he's up to speed, but just about any other QB in this draft I feel they should hold on to Taylor for one more year. He's not perfect, but perhaps Dabol can get Taylor and this offense back to where it was under Rex, averaging around 25 PPG.

18 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:
18 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/07/2018-nfl-mock-draft-full-7-round-projections/

I would be happy with these selections, what do you guys think?

I would be happy with these selections, what do you guys think?

Looks like a great draft but we do need some more help on the OL and DL.  I love getting Both Rudolph and Washington.  Instant chemistry.