Would You Want Malcolm Butler?

bills8323

No, he seems like a whiney B word.

32 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Gilmore was PFF's 6th rated CB overall this year. Butler was 51st. Gilmore played really well in the postseason too. He was the only consistently decent defender on the field for the Pats yesterday. 

Too bad he sucks :)

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

My opinion changed a bit if the story on why he was benched is true....  showing up late to team events, and wasted during what is very simply your most important business trip of the year. 

If he’s doing that nonsense, he’s probably not worth the big dollars it would take  

....and he would hardly fit the McD model.............

If the stories of him being drunk and being found with marijuana are true, no thanks as sounds like the kid has a substance abuse problem. Toss in he seems to be a bit immature this year in the way he was "treated". He's a good but not great CB that will be looking for number 1 money and maybe a team desperate for one will give it to him yet I wouldn't. Re-sign Gaines and LeoJohn and draft someone with one of our top 5 picks. 

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Gilmore was doing all he could to avoid contact last night. 

Stop

He played outstanding last night 

Just now, John from Hemet said:

Just give me Gaines back please

I can't get on board with paying him $10M AAV when he misses all of 5 games and parts of 3 others with injuries 

Dude gets hurt every other game. Literally 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Stop

He played outstanding last night 

I can't get on board with paying him $10M AAV when he misses all of 5 games and parts of 3 others with injuries 

Dude gets hurt every other game. Literally 

I am on the other side when it comes to Gaines. That Bills secondary was ELITE when they were all on the field this year. I’d like a better back-up than Wright but am more than willing to pay Gaines. If they can generate any sort of pass rush that secondary will look even better.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I am on the other side when it comes to Gaines. That Bills secondary was ELITE when they were all on the field this year. I’d like a better back-up than Wright but am more than willing to pay Gaines. If they can generate any sort of pass rush that secondary will look even better.

I agree with everything you said

I just worry that he's constantly nicked up

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I agree with everything you said

I just worry that he's constantly nicked up

Me too and it certainly isn’t ideal. It is just risk/reward to me. To win a championship you have to be elite at something. The quickest path for the Bills is an elite pass defense. I would roll the dice on that, insure it some with an improved backup and try to improve the front 4. If the pressure rises they could be like the Legion of Boom was.

10 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Have pats dbs gone on to success elsewhere?

Asante Samuel had a pretty good career after leaving the Pats*. From 2008 to 2010 with the Eagles he made the Pro-Bowl and was 2nd team All-Pro in 2009. I am not sure what other DB's have left the Pats* in their prime. 

7 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Would rather just re-sign Gaines or go after Cockrell for far less $. 

That's kind of my thoughts on the situation. Butler is the top corner in the market and is going to command serious money, Gaines is a higher end corner on the market but won't command crazy money unless there is an unreasonable overpay. But I think Gaines could easily be had for 7ish million AAV on a decent but not unreasonable guarantee. Butler is the better player but Gaines isn't that far behind and I would rather save the money by getting Gaines and pursuing Star from Carolina to plug a hole at DT. 

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

Do I want the guy who reportedly showed up late to 2 meetings before the most important game of the season and allegedly was caught smoking weed this week? No, I have no interest in signing someone that selfish and stupid. 

Don't care. This guy has been a top 5 corner IMO, he's the real deal. Is singlehandedly winning the Seahawks bowl not a resume builder. 

Butler has zero chance of coming to Buffalo. The Pats typically play cover 2 with man underneath. The Bills want CBs who excel in zone. Butler isn’t bad in zone but it’s not his forte. Why pay a guy big bucks to play in a D not suited to his best attributes?