Manish Mehta: The Eagles Tried to Reacquire LeSean McCoy

Roseman found the centerpiece of his team in Wentz, but there was one player that he couldn’t add: McCoy.

Kelly’s decision to trade McCoy to Buffalo for Alonso never made sense. Roseman tried to get McCoy back in a deal with Buffalo through back-channel intermediaries, according to sources. One of Philly’s off-the-books offers for McCoy, who has been a Pro Bowler in each of his three seasons with the Bills, was a package of players that included wide receiver Jordan Matthews, according to sources. Matthews ultimately was traded to the Bills for cornerback Ronald Darby last summer.

Roseman’s desire to bring back McCoy was one of the few moves that he couldn’t pull off, but he had seemingly solved his most glaring problem in the first phase of his accelerated rebuild: He found his franchise quarterback.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

No surprise here. LeSean loved being an Eagle and he was, and is, an elite weapon that could definitely help them win a Super Bowl. Why wouldn't they try? Wonder what the offer was.

I'd swap him for Wentz

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, transient said:

Isn’t that the equivalent of what we acquired him for?

I’d say that Kiko is better than Matthews but the point is valid. Who know what sort of draft compensation they would have attached but it would have had to have been a 1st to consider it. The Bills got Matthews & a 3rd for Darby.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d say that Kiko is better than Matthews but the point is valid. Who know what sort of draft compensation they would have attached but it would have had to have been a 1st to consider it. The Bills got Matthews for Darby and a 3rd.

You mean Bills got Matthews and a 3rd for Darby

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, that's OK, provided the periphery includes two high picks.  Otherwise they're not serious and I'm sure Beane just laughed and said "laters"

I believe this happened in 2016 before the era of McDermott and Beane began.

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

they didn't try hard enough.  give us a 1st round pick and he's all yours!

Really you would trade a RB that is FAR and away better than ANYTHING we have had since Thurman for a first???  The Eagles first woulda been pick number 31!?!?  Come on man really?  That's seems kinda goofy!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1