Buffalo Bills 2018 Salary Cap

On 2/26/2018 at 2:21 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Cordy becomes a UFA 2012.  He is entering his 3rd season of the 5 yr(s) contract.  

currently his dead cap is  $19,600,000

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cordy-glenn-9851/

POTENTIAL OUT: 2019, 3 YR, $41,250,000; $6,400,000 DEAD CAP

So if they go with McCarron 

TRANSACTIONS LOG (HIDE)

1. AJ McCarron signed as a free agent 
    (Cap: $18,000,000)
  2. Released Tyrod Taylor
    (Saved: $4,440,000)
  3. Restructured Jerry Hughes 
    (Saved: $2,717,500)
  4. Restructured Charles Clay 
    (Saved: $1,792,500)
  5. Restructured LeSean McCoy 
    (Saved: $2,580,000)
  6. Released Lorenzo Alexander
    (Saved: $1,750,000)

$26.16 mil cap space seems doable to still make a splash

They are going to be on the hook for $26M of cap space with Tyrod and McCarron?!? :sick:

11 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What are peoples  2018 cap figure guesses for the following?  (we've discussed KC and TT) 

Case Keenum    2017 AVV $2 Mil

AJ McCarron    2017 AVV $.6 Mil
Sam Bradford    2017 AVV $18 Mil

Josh McCowen    2017 AVV $6 Mil

T Bridgewatrer    2017 AVV $2 Mil

Keenum - $18M

McCarron - $12M

Bradford - $10M

Bridgewater - $10M

McCown - $7M

Cousins - $25M

Taylor - $10M

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Bills aren’t going that route. They would keep Tyrod at the $18m before they committed $26M to the combo of he and AJ. Their QB investment will be in the draft not some guy with limited upside. 

I was just using McCarron as an example for those that had an interest and wanted to post the cost it comes with.  

Not liking it myself.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I have been mainly on Spotrac but I took a look at over the cap and I see thet have a similar function on making your own moves

https://overthecap.com/calculator/buffalo-bills/

Re-sign a few players, cut TT and again I can see $41,934,381 in cap space.  It doesn't have the nice summary as spotrac.  

image.thumb.png.593c467f6358add9c751e760d8c3eb42.png 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

So the cheapest thing for us would be to keep TT and draft Lamar Jackson with one of our picks?

I am not saying that they go this route....but it is at least a possibility?

Not necessarily.   Cutting TT alone saves $8 Million.  What might offset that gain is who they find to replace him and what that cost would be.  

Has anyone stopped to consider that TT might not want to stick around if the Bills trade up in the draft for his replacement? He might feel in that case that he will get a better chance to be a starter somewhere else. If so do the Bills want an unhappy camper on their team and in their locker room.

It's another factor in this equation...

1 hour ago, DefenseWins said:

Has anyone stopped to consider that TT might not want to stick around if the Bills trade up in the draft for his replacement? He might feel in that case that he will get a better chance to be a starter somewhere else. If so do the Bills want an unhappy camper on their team and in their locker room.

That would depend on which side of the fence you are on.  

Is Taylor a worthy starter that any teams might pursue via trade. 

Or

Taylor isnt high on many teams needs list and may not be a starter in 18. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Not necessarily.   Cutting TT alone saves $8 Million.  What might offset that gain is who they find to replace him and what that cost would be.  

But that really is the point isnt it

The cost of letting TT go and finding a viable replacement for him......is more then the cost of KEEPING him

3 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

He’s got 16 million reasons to stick around for another year.  

2018 Salary Cap Set at $177.2 M

On 2/1/2018 at 10:55 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Adjusted (projected ) 2018 cap  $188,668,589

That’s 10 mil less than some expected.  

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2018/3/5/16995332/nfl-salary-cap-2018-franchise-tag-million

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

16 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Just went on to spotrac as Miami and tried to get under the cap....tough, tough decisions.

Look at Suh's 2019 cap hit.................................................$28,100,000.00.

Miami was so stupid with that contract.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

$26 - $27 mil is a good chunk but with a few tweaks they could gain another $10 - $15 mil and give them a bit more to work FA.   

The Bills could easily get to 50M without alot of problem.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Look at Suh's 2019 cap hit.................................................$28,100,000.00.

Miami was so stupid with that contract.

That's like a 16% cap hit for a DT. Man those DT contracts Haynesworth, Dareus, Suh....some teams never learn.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

The Bills could easily get to 50M without alot of problem.

That's like a 16% cap hit for a DT. Man those DT contracts Haynesworth, Dareus, Suh....some teams never learn.

I never understood it.

FWIW Fletcher Cox is a big reason the Eagles are in Cap problems this year and possibly next too.

• Like (+1) 1

Look at our cap space for 2019 and 2020, we will have roughly 97 mil next year and 162 mil in 2020 with zero dead money.  We need to spend wisely this year and be serious players in 2019 and 2020.  Great year to draft a young qb that we could build and fill in around him in the years to come.  I know it's a bit longer than most want, but things are looking up.  Lots of draft picks and money to burn in the next two years. Trust the process.  

1 hour ago, davspo said:

Look at our cap space for 2019 and 2020, we will have roughly 97 mil next year and 162 mil in 2020 with zero dead money.  We need to spend wisely this year and be serious players in 2019 and 2020.  Great year to draft a young qb that we could build and fill in around him in the years to come.  I know it's a bit longer than most want, but things are looking up.  Lots of draft picks and money to burn in the next two years. Trust the process.  

It'll be HUGE!!!    Have another solid season and open the checkbook to the best FA's