Buffalo Bills 2018 Salary Cap

35 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you felt scolded ?   sorry 

I corrected my mistake.     still $3 Mil cap space or there about once the numbers are finalized / released. 

how many top FA's can we get with $3 M?

Shady, you got too much for Draft Pool.  Displaced players will cost about 5.5 million.

That is 4 million more than your figures.

31 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Shady, you got too much for Draft Pool.  Displaced players will cost about 5.5 million.

That is 4 million more than your figures.

So back to $7 mil?  

If we should believe Beane then what’s left is to take care of the guys that have or want to retain and have a “safety” buffer.  

11 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

So back to $7 mil?  

If we should believe Beane then what’s left is to take care of the guys that have or want to retain and have a “safety” buffer.  

Pretty much, with a couple of "little moves" maybe they can get 1 more mid level player.

What I am missing here?

Spotrac has us at 26 million in cap space.  The only contract I see that they don't have is Murphy and Williams.  I'm sure they did it like Star's where there is less cap now and more next year. 

Why wouldn't we have around 15 million in cap space?

14 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

What I am missing here?

Spotrac has us at 26 million in cap space.  The only contract I see that they don't have is Murphy and Williams.  I'm sure they did it like Star's where there is less cap now and more next year. 

Why wouldn't we have around 15 million in cap space?

26 - 6 (Kyle is a 1 year deal) - Murphy (7, but yes you could be right so everyone is waiting) - few 100k with lower signings vs current top 51 guys.

That could take you down to 12-13.

Minus Rookie Pool - 9.5 but those guys get offset so more like 5.5.

Takes you down to 7-8.

Could be more with you point about Murphy.  Then what they get with Incognito space.

Beane has said he doesn't like to get too close to the bottom. (5 or so?).

Not a lot of room left.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

26 - 6 (Kyle is a 1 year deal) - Murphy (7, but yes you could be right so everyone is waiting) - few 100k with lower signings vs current top 51 guys.

That could take you down to 12-13.

Minus Rookie Pool - 9.5 but those guys get offset so more like 5.5.

Takes you down to 7-8.

Could be more with you point about Murphy.  Then what they get with Incognito space.

Beane has said he doesn't like to get too close to the bottom. (5 or so?).

Not a lot of room left.

Vontae is on a one year deal and his cap hit is less than his salary. 

Rookie pool is in already spotrac number. 

Incognito's decrease isn't. There should be no reason why we don't have over 15 million left

Edited by Ittakestime

2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Rookie pool is already spotrac number. 

Incognito's decrease isn't. There should be no reason why we don't have over 15 million left

Cap Space (w/All) $22,558,557
Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) $16,632,335
Cap Space (w/Top 51) $26,398,557

24 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Rookie pool is in already spotrac number. 

Travaris Cadet RB -
Taiwan Jones RB -
Trent Murphy OLB -
Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE -
Logan Thomas TE -
Kyle Williams DT -

Those 6 players as I see it do not have any $ figures allocated.  

Maybe I am making a mistake but my assumption is that those players add up to over $15 million.  

KW was reported as $6 mil and 

Trent Murphy 3 for $21.   

My assumption is basically an even split of 7 7 7 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Still think we have way more than Beane is leading on.

21.9 top 51

9.7 for draft

The top 51 doesn't include Kyle, but also includes Richie at his old number and Eric Wood (obviously they are doing something there or he would have just retired already).

Edited by Ittakestime

Top 51 Cap Allocations $166,879,902
Total Cap Allocations $171,199,902
Cap Space (Total Cap) $17,583,557
Cap Space (Top 51 only) $21,903,557

Travaris Cadet RB -
Taiwan Jones RB -
Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE -
Logan Thomas TE -
Kyle Williams DT - -

Missing $6 for Kyle and 

what the vet min for the other 4?

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:
Top 51 Cap Allocations $166,879,902
Total Cap Allocations $171,199,902
Cap Space (Total Cap) $17,583,557

Travaris Cadet RB -
Taiwan Jones RB -
Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE -
Logan Thomas TE -
Kyle Williams DT - -

Missing $6 for Kyle and 

what the vet min for the other 4?

Don't think Kyle has a 6 million dollar cap hit.

The 2018 numbers for the 2 “big” FA’s 

Star Lotulelei DT ($18,500,000) $6,700,000 
Trent Murphy OLB ($7,875,000) $4,975,000
2 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Don't think Kyle has a 6 million dollar cap hit.

KW signed a 1 year deal for $6 mil.  

MAR 13 2018.  Kyle Williams.  Signed a 1 year $6 million contract extension with Buffalo (BUF)

How else does it break down?  

What are your thoughts?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

No updates for those still not reading the cap #s and accounting for cap money still not allocated. 

Travaris Cadet RB -
Taiwan Jones RB -
Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE -
Logan Thomas TE -
Kyle Williams DT - -

MAR 13 2018.  Kyle Williams.  Signed a 1 year $6 million contract extension with Buffalo (BUF)

Mike Rodak ESPN Staff Writer 

Bills general manager Brandon Beane said the contractual situation surrounding center Eric Wood and his career-ending neck injury remains on his "back burner." Wood has yet to officially be released or retire in what is believed to be a hold up over how his retirement will affect the salary cap.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Still missing $ for the  5 FA’s (at vet min?) and Kyles 6.   

Nope counted. 

Kyle will count 5.5 because as he comes on 500k falls off do 21 goes to 16. 

Then as all the others add 550 drops off with the too 51 rule. 

There is roughly 13M at Min in space. If you add in Rookie pool (which at this point you can) there is 22M in space. 

People have to remember for every contract signed money will also fall off cap as we lose a contract past the top 51 so as the 6 that are uncounted on spotrac come on another 3.3M come off the cap

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills/

Edited by MAJBobby

21 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So up to 22ish in space

17ish once Kyle applied 

26M if we dont count draft pool right now. 

With Incognito's restructure the 51 cap is currently 23.3 million.

After Kyle and the other 5 sign, I get after offsetting $550,000 (that is the offset now) somewhere around 15 million.

Subtract 10 million (Rookie offset is actually around 5.5 million after their offset and a little breathing room Beane talked about)

you are left with 5 million.

Moves Beane COULD make.

1.)  Restructure Hughes/McCoy.  Only the 2019 year to do restructure and if Beane does that you are pretty much committed them to playing

for Bill's in 2019, could net 2-8 million depending on the deal.

2.)  Signing Kelvin Benjamin to a long term contract.  His cap hit is $8,459,000.  You could maybe save 2-3 million 2018 cap hit.

Don't know if that is in Beane's plans about Benjamin.

3.)  Clay has been already restructured so other than a pay cut nothing is left with him.

4.)  Outright cutting Lorax, Mills and Miller nets close to 2 million for each.  But I don't see any of those happening.

5.)  That's it except for little moves.

Beane could wait until after the draft to sign Kyle.  This may give him some time to look into some of these other moves.

Bill's will get some cap relief after June 1st with Dead Money moves.

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

With Incognito's restructure the 51 cap is currently 23.3 million.

After Kyle and the other 5 sign, I get after offsetting $550,000 (that is the offset now) somewhere around 15 million.

Subtract 10 million (Rookie offset is actually around 5.5 million after their offset and a little breathing room Beane talked about)

you are left with 5 million.

Moves Beane COULD make.

1.)  Restructure Hughes/McCoy.  Only the 2019 year to do restructure and if Beane does that you are pretty much committed them to playing

for Bill's in 2019, could net 2-8 million depending on the deal.

2.)  Signing Kelvin Benjamin to a long term contract.  His cap hit is $8,459,000.  You could maybe save 2-3 million 2018 cap hit.

Don't know if that is in Beane's plans about Benjamin.

3.)  Clay has been already restructured so other than a pay cut nothing is left with him.

4.)  Outright cutting Lorax, Mills and Miller nets close to 2 million for each.  But I don't see any of those happening.

5.)  That's it except for little moves.

Beane could wait until after the draft to sign Kyle.  This may give him some time to look into some of these other moves.

Bill's will get some cap relief after June 1st with Dead Money moves.

Why are you subtracting another 10M. The rookie pool is already accounted for in the 23M in space. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Why are you subtracting another 10M. The rookie pool is already accounted for in the 23M in space. 

Current Spotrac Bill's Cap.  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Cap Space (w/All) $17,863,557
Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) $13,527,335
Cap Space (w/Top 51)

$23,293,557

Edited by ColoradoBills
add link

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Current Spotrac Bill's Cap.  http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Cap Space (w/All) $17,863,557
Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) $13,527,335
Cap Space (w/Top 51)

$23,293,557

Ok tracking. 

Either way they want to sign any player they can. I personally wouldnt until QB in place meaning after draft 

but there is alot of players to free up money this year. And more space opens 1 june with Eric Retirement 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok tracking. 

Either way they want to sign any player they can. I personally wouldnt until QB in place meaning after draft 

but there is alot of players to free up money this year. And more space opens 1 june with Eric Retirement 

I agree, that's why I showed some possible moves.  Beane still could sign a couple of decent guys easily.

I didn't believe it at first but now I do think he is doing everything to get to #2.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I agree, that's why I showed some possible moves.  Beane still could sign a couple of decent guys easily.

I didn't believe it at first but now I do think he is doing everything to get to #2.

Yep they are not going to use all those picks. By use i mean actually keep them and draft in those spots 

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep they are not going to use all those picks. By use i mean actually keep them and draft in those spots 

One surprising thing I just seen last week is #2 pick comes with a 5.725 million 2018 cap hit.

That equals Bills first 2's and 2 2nd's.  Didn't realize that.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

One surprising thing I just seen last week is #2 pick comes with a 5.725 million 2018 cap hit.

That equals Bills first 2's and 2 2nd's.  Didn't realize that.

True. Which is why I think they try to get to 2 using this year picks only (frees cap space in a tight cap year). Saving as many picks next year when is the year they better greatly improve and contend for a run with QB in place (hopefully) and 100M in cap space 

The one-year deal OT Marshall Newhouse signed with the Bills is worth $1.5 million with $500,000 guaranteed, and a $1.75 million salary cap number. He received a $1 million base salary, a $500,000 signing bonus and has a $250,000 likely-to-be-earned incentive based on playing time.

Kyle Williams' one-year deal with the Bills is worth $5.5 million with $4.5 million guaranteed. He gets a fully-guaranteed $2.25 million base salary, a $2.25 million signing bonus, a $500,000 workout bonus and a roster bonus of $500,000 payable in $31,250 per game on 46-man roster.

Center Russell Bodine's two-year deal with the Bills is worth $5 million with $2.15 million guaranteed, and cap numbers of $2.15 million (2018) and $2.875 million (2019). He has a signing bonus of $1 million, base salaries of $1.15 million (2018; fully guaranteed) and $1.9 million (2019). He gets roster bonuses of up to $275,000 each season, payable in $17,187 per game on 46-man roster. There are also workout bonuses of $200,000 each season.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Center Russell Bodine's two-year deal with the Bills is worth $5 million with $2.15 million guaranteed, and cap numbers of $2.15 million (2018) and $2.875 million (2019). He has a signing bonus of $1 million, base salaries of $1.15 million (2018; fully guaranteed) and $1.9 million (2019). He gets roster bonuses of up to $275,000 each season, payable in $17,187 per game on 46-man roster. There are also workout bonuses of $200,000 each season.

2.15 for a back-up c/g...I can deal with that.

• Like (+1) 1

Current Bills Cap Space Numbers.

The only adjustments left are Taiwan Jones and Logan Thomas.

Both should only add up to 400-500k.

Cap Space (w/All) $9,333,557
Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) $6,662,335
Cap Space (w/Top 51) $16,428,557

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

That probably leaves them with close to $11 million after you factor in the top 7 picks in the draft pool push about $4 mil worth of salaries off the top 51. They can easily bring back a guy like L. Johnson at vet min, and maybe squeeze one more guy on for $1-1.5 mil, maybe...

15 minutes ago, TPS said:

That probably leaves them with close to $11 million after you factor in the top 7 picks in the draft pool push about $4 mil worth of salaries off the top 51. They can easily bring back a guy like L. Johnson at vet min, and maybe squeeze one more guy on for $1-1.5 mil, maybe...

Don't forgot about injuries..you always need some insurance cap in the bank.

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Don't forgot about injuries..you always need some insurance cap in the bank.

If they have $10-11 to play with, picking up LJ at vet min will add about $250k, finding another guy at $2 mil adds a net $1.4, so they'll have their insurance money. I'm guessing, down the line--meaning when it gets to the final 53, they might let one of Miller/Ducasse go as both will save over $1 mil if released. 

Edited by TPS

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

It took them long enough to count Kyles $