Trade Tyrod

The trade market from now til his roster bonus will be slim to none.  Only way you trade Taylor is on Draft night or in Training camp.  Based off his cap hit idk if Buffalo would be willing to eat that.  If Buffalo comes to the conclusion that they would be fine if Taylor was on the roster opening day and possibly starting than they would regain any trade leverage they could have.  If Buffalo signs a Vetran at the start of FA they cut Taylor.  Outside of that hold on to him and once a rookie over takes him a team could come calling in TC if their starter goes down.  

maybe it's not so much about getting a pick for him, but including him in a deal that helps a little as far as moving around(up)

the draft order. same thing with glenn if need be.

for instance in some kind of swap for draft position with cle., indy, denver or philly...etc.

i'd gladly send tt and glenn to philly for foles.

Edited by billsredneck1

4 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’m not saying I’d do it but teams have done it before to unload a bad contract.  

Point is it cost nothing to unload the bad contract. All you need to do is cut him or trade him for nothing(or little return like swapping late round positions) before the 3rd league day.

You could trade him for like swap 6th round positions, in the team favor you are giving him to, if you really wan to get technical on savings: they save a million of dead cap if they trade him. But they also save that million if he plays somewhere next year for at least 1 mill a year.

So it makes no sense  to give any asset up to dump his "bad contract" when he will play somewhere next year for at least 1 mill so dead cap will be same.

4 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’m not saying I’d do it but teams have done it before to unload a bad contract.  

They do it to unload a bad, longterm contract when you cant cut a player because of to much guaranteed money. Tyrod doesnt really hurt them if they just cut him

On 1/30/2018 at 11:00 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

With Alex Smith being traded to Washington who can we realistically trade tyrod to?

After all he is a 3 time probowler , led us to the playoffs and "comparable" to Smith.

Is there a team with a starting DE we can trade him to? That is your expertise on trades w/QBs.

On 1/31/2018 at 12:29 PM, SouthNYfan said:

Can we trade him for a box of donuts?

Can we just give him away?

Solely because it saves $6-8 mil in dead cap

Less likely than getting a trade for a box of donuts for you IMO.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:20 PM, The_Dude said:

There isn’t one team in the NFL right now that has Tyrod’s name on their board as a possible starter.

So glad you have sources of SaviorPeteredman, etc.  Want to give us the lotto numbers too?

39 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Is there a team with a starting DE we can trade him to? That is your expertise on trades w/QBs.

Less likely than getting a trade for a box of donuts for you IMO.

So glad you have sources of SaviorPeteredman, etc.  Want to give us the lotto numbers too?

Its called a prediction....or are those not allowed too?

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I could see a draft pick.   I do not see any team giving up a star player for Taylor.   

...how or why would that happen if he release is perceived as imminent?.........could the "signing line of interest" be THAT long?....

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

You did not word it as a prediction.

....then WTF did you think I was doing? How could I have been doing anything other than making a prediction? 

Jesus Christ, these message boards get worse and worse.

“I don’t think Tyrod is good.”

”WHOAAAA! Hold up fella, you just can’t say that without a link!” 

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...how or why would that happen if he release is perceived as imminent?.........could the "signing line of interest" be THAT long?....

Just responded to those who think it could happen.  

2 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

You do know Jimmy G went for a 2nd, right?

Some teams are not smart and some are.   It is TBD on which it is.  

I have a hunch that there are going to be a bunch of butt hurt posters on this board when/if the Bills keep him.  Being practical, I think it is beginning to look more likely everyday.  Really hope I am wrong, but at the same time I would take 2015 Tyrod. Maybe if we could stop getting rid of his targets, put together a remedial right side of the line (ours is illiterate, so remedial would be an improvement)

Who knows...

So cue everyone following up this post with all of the reasons they will not keep him.  Okay ladies, but just because you think it and post it, don't mean it;s going to happen. Better get your butt soothing ointment ready.

1 hour ago, simool said:

I have a hunch that there are going to be a bunch of butt hurt posters on this board when/if the Bills keep him.  Being practical, I think it is beginning to look more likely everyday.  Really hope I am wrong, but at the same time I would take 2015 Tyrod. Maybe if we could stop getting rid of his targets, put together a remedial right side of the line (ours is illiterate, so remedial would be an improvement)

Who knows...

So cue everyone following up this post with all of the reasons they will not keep him.  Okay ladies, but just because you think it and post it, don't mean it;s going to happen. Better get your butt soothing ointment ready.

Losing targets wasn’t the only reason.  

TT is the same as his scouting report indicated.  

Not a true QB.  

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Losing targets wasn’t the only reason.  

TT is the same as his scouting report indicated.  

Not a true QB.  

A true QB according to who?  Did you cut him and check his blood color? Or does he have the mark of the beast?  So what exactly happened between 2015 and now? Is he going blind? Have a degenerative disease? Please elaborate...

You make it sound as if I am defending him. I am not.  Nor do I want to keep him.  But I am a realist. Unlike most of the crack smokers on this board.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:45 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Well Smith is signed for 2018. Taylor is a free after unless you pick up his option. Whose going to trade you for someone they could just wait and sign?

Someone that does not want to get into a bidding war for him.

15 hours ago, simool said:

A true QB according to who?  Did you cut him and check his blood color? Or does he have the mark of the beast?  So what exactly happened between 2015 and now? Is he going blind? Have a degenerative disease? Please elaborate...

You make it sound as if I am defending him. I am not.  Nor do I want to keep him.  But I am a realist. Unlike most of the crack smokers on this board.

I  am not arguing with you. 

I was adding to what you said.  

Scouting Report 

• hard working kid that has improved every year, but it is unclear if he can play quarterback at the next level. He has a quick release and a strong arm, but he is somewhat erratic as a passer. 
  • also does not show the consistent sound decision making to be an efficient quarterback
  • greatest asset is his athleticism and heshould be able to contribute immediately as a running back, receiver or return man.
  • A terrific senior season, where he completed nearly 60% of his passes

These are not my words for those claiming I am disingenuous.  

That is Taylors scouting report.