Nunes Memo to be Released

On 2/2/2018 at 11:01 PM, OJABBA said:

Sure, they aren't that hard to get, but then why did they have to invent such an outrageous "dossier".

And while only .03% of them get rejected, how many involved a presidential candidate?

And, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't this sillyness rejected at least once, until they got some illegal, immoral information that they then used?  I'm pretty sure this whole thing probably makes up a good .01% of the rejected cases.

Most of the time, I'd bet most of the intel community are good people, doing good things.  It's only when it's used for witch hunts and political purposes that they go stupid.  And that's probably why they have a .03% rejection rate.

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think I answered this before with a similar headline.  Because they're idiots who are terrible at playing politics.  The same reason they overreacted to the Tax Bill and now are regretting it as people are slowly realizing their taxes aren't going up but going down.  The same reason they were screaming Russian collusion/rigging election when they should of been self examining their own party like the GOP did in '09.  

Doc, are you a current or former Democrat just figuring out that you're a relatively smart guy, and have been on the wrong side of things for a long time?  That's what I gather from your posts.

20 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yikes this shows very poor comprehension of what happened. The FISA warrant for Carter Page was approved on its first submission. It was subsequently renewed on three separate occasions. It didn't "take them 4 times" to get the warrant. It took them one time, and then they renewed it every 90 days per FISA rules.

The Intercept has the best explainer:

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/02/nunes-memo-fisa-trump-russia/

Ugh, Happy, you're on the wrong side of this one.  I generally fall on the side of most things you're preachin about, but you're so wrong on this issue, it hurts.  Get your head right son!

14 hours ago, baskin said:

You guys seem to read quite a bit and opine even more....from what I can see most of it is unoriginal repeats stemming from obviously agenda oriented press outlets or just plain links to threads....but the case of DR ..it is...magnificence!

BTW...you talked about psychanalysis...would you say your issues are more mommy or daddy oriented?

Oh my, this guy makes himself a quick and easy ignore.  I mean, really, ask for someone to comment, and then say you're not going to read said comment.  IGNORE!

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

:lol:

No, please, let the lefty's that are about to go down show themselves.  Especially those in what is supposed to be a non-partisan media (yeah, Dan Rather, non-partisan, I threw up a bit in my mouth typing that). :P

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But it isn't. 

They tried to get a warrant using the Papadopoulos investigation and were denied. 

They didn't get the approval until the dossier was bolstered in the media. 

Oh wait, would that be a % of the .03% that's evidently denied?  Man, where do these people come from.  And I read some of them, and they're generally non-stupid on the Bills side of the board  I might not agree, but not stupid people.  But then, this?

• Like (+1) 1

use this to try to reduce the loss of House seats in November, a sitting President is always in trouble his first off-year election cycle and this will be no different

the Dems have too many incumbent Senators running this time around so it won’t be as bad a loss for the GOP on that side of Congress

Effectively 26 of the 34 Senators on tap are not GOP 

Edited by row_33

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Or I just have my head on straight enough to know you're a jackass.  

Awww, look! I have a little puppy following me around.

What’s the matter little fella? Need some attention?

You definitely need a name. I think Little B*tch will do nicely! 

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, row_33 said:

use this to try to reduce the loss of House seats in November, a sitting President is always in trouble his first off-year election cycle and this will be no different

the Dems have too many incumbent Senators running this time around so it won’t be as bad a loss for the GOP on that side of Congress

Effectively 26 of the 34 Senators on tap are not GOP 

They should use this and the ig report to relegate the Democratic Party to the dustbin 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Capco said:

Awww, look! I have a little puppy following me around.

What’s the matter little fella? Need some attention?

You definitely need a name. I think Little B*tch will do nicely! 

I call him douche bag Tom 

Carter Page Touted Kremlin Contacts in 2013 Letter

Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page bragged in 2013 that he was an adviser to the Kremlin on energy and other issues in a letter obtained by TIME that raises new questions Page’s contacts with the Russian government

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

They should use this and the ig report to relegate the Democratic Party to the dustbin 

There are only two parties and The People give each one 2 terms before switching to the other

and tear away at the power of the sitting admin in off-year elections as a check and balance

It’s a great system

On 2/2/2018 at 8:40 AM, The_Dude said:

“evade responsibility”?

you dipshit, we’re talking about typos and grammatical errors on an insignificant message board. 

“You should have put a conman there and you failed, SIR! Admit to your wrongdoing and repent!”

What a !@#$ing joke. 

I refuse to use conmans in my writings!

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Timeline of the FISA renewal:

10/21/16 - Original FISA (Title I)

1/19/17 - Renewal #1 (90 days - one day before inauguration)

4/19/17- Renewal #2

10/16/17 - Renewal #3

I think you missing a renewal, or got the date wrong on the last one. If every 90 days, there should be one in July 2017. Were there 3 after Trump became POTUS?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Putin lover for sure! 

WH is sure freaking out about him and what's on those wire taps. 

Yep, Paige, Trump, Trump Jr, and Putin have been caught in a foursome. The jig is up.

1 hour ago, KW95 said:

Shh....dont tell this to the clowns on here!

I didn't know that members of this board wore clown suits. Thanks for telling us. I would like to know which member is Flopsy Mopsy?

Edited by njbuff
  • Thank you (+1) 1

REMINDER:

HOW WE GOT HERE

by Scott Johnson

Despite the best efforts of the shiftless Adam Schiff to keep the lid on the source of the dodgy Steele dossier, we know now that the Clinton presidential campaign paid for the Kremlin-aided smear job on Donald Trump before the election. Thanks to the reporting of Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes we also know that the Clinton campaign continued to extract value from the dossier after the election. Clinton and her used it to frame her humiliating loss as a Russian conspiracy to steal the election. Allen and Parnes revealed:

Within 24 hours of her concession speech, [campaign chair John Podesta and manager Robby Mook] assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn’t entirely on the up-and-up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument.

The plan was to push journalists to cover how “Russian hacking was the major unreported story of the campaign,” and it succeeded — as Paul Sperry put it in his excellent New York Post column on the subject — to a fare-thee-well. After the election, coverage of the fabricated scandal of Russian “collusion” was relentless and made a critical contribution to the congressional investigations that followed.

When President Trump fired then FBI Director James Comey, Comey had an inspired idea. He would strategically leak memos of his conversations with President Trump to his friend Daniel Richman at Columbia Law School. Richman in turn was to read the memos to New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt. If all went according to plan, the resulting story was to lead to the appointment of Special Counsel to investigate all things Trump.

All went according to plan. Comey is a sophisticated Washington operator who has moved for a long time in rarefied law enforcement circles. He knew roughly everyone in the small world from which the Special Counsel would be drawn. When Rod Rosenstein appointed Comey’s friend and “brother in arms” Robert Mueller as Special Counsel, Comey was home free to ascend Mount Olympus and pronounce his deep thoughts via Twitter.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/02/how-we-got-here-2.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+powerlineblog%2Flivefeed+(Power+Line)

• Like (+1) 1

Stop obfuscating with facts and details B-Man! :angry: [#ResistAndHoldYourBreathTillYouTurnBlueAndFaintDeniers]

Here are some other endings to the #Resistance tag that work pretty well in this context.

Deniers

Fellow Travelers

Progressives

Haters

Derangement Sufferers

Truth-Apathetic Facile Partisans

Clinton Sycophants

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

REMINDER:

HOW WE GOT HERE

by Scott Johnson

Despite the best efforts of the shiftless Adam Schiff to keep the lid on the source of the dodgy Steele dossier, we know now that the Clinton presidential campaign paid for the Kremlin-aided smear job on Donald Trump before the election. Thanks to the reporting of Jonathan Allen and Amie Parnes we also know that the Clinton campaign continued to extract value from the dossier after the election. Clinton and her used it to frame her humiliating loss as a Russian conspiracy to steal the election. Allen and Parnes revealed:

Within 24 hours of her concession speech, [campaign chair John Podesta and manager Robby Mook] assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn’t entirely on the up-and-up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument.

The plan was to push journalists to cover how “Russian hacking was the major unreported story of the campaign,” and it succeeded — as Paul Sperry put it in his excellent New York Post column on the subject — to a fare-thee-well. After the election, coverage of the fabricated scandal of Russian “collusion” was relentless and made a critical contribution to the congressional investigations that followed.

When President Trump fired then FBI Director James Comey, Comey had an inspired idea. He would strategically leak memos of his conversations with President Trump to his friend Daniel Richman at Columbia Law School. Richman in turn was to read the memos to New York Times reporter Michael Schmidt. If all went according to plan, the resulting story was to lead to the appointment of Special Counsel to investigate all things Trump.

All went according to plan. Comey is a sophisticated Washington operator who has moved for a long time in rarefied law enforcement circles. He knew roughly everyone in the small world from which the Special Counsel would be drawn. When Rod Rosenstein appointed Comey’s friend and “brother in arms” Robert Mueller as Special Counsel, Comey was home free to ascend Mount Olympus and pronounce his deep thoughts via Twitter.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/02/how-we-got-here-2.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+powerlineblog%2Flivefeed+(Power+Line)

Further reminder: The "Russia's hacking the election story" dates back to July 2016, at least.  It was not the "major unreported story of the campaign."

• Like (+1) 1