Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft

wppete

Here is my post Senior Bowl Mock Draft. I can see Mcbean doing something like this depending on what they can do in free agency. 

1st Rnd - DT Vita Vea, Washington 

1st Rnd - DT Harrison Phillips, Stanford

2nd Rnd - C Billy Price, Ohio State

2nd Rnd - QB Kyle Lauletta, Richmond

3rd Rnd - G Will Hernandez, UTEP 

4th Rnd - RB Kalen Ballage, Arizona State

5th Rnd - BPA

5th Rnd - BPA

What is your updated Mock Draft??? Post here.  Let’s discuss here. 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 1

I would be a bit surprised to see Billy Price available past the middle of the second round or Hernandez available at the end of the third.  I'm expecting that the Bills will see Ryan Groy as their new starter at center and look to sign a value priced veteran as interior line depth.  They may also look to sign a DT starter in free agency so they aren't faced with having to depend on two rookies playing next to each other.

27 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I would be a bit surprised to see Billy Price available past the middle of the second round or Hernandez available at the end of the third.  I'm expecting that the Bills will see Ryan Groy as their new starter at center and look to sign a value priced veteran as interior line depth.  They may also look to sign a DT starter in free agency so they aren't faced with having to depend on two rookies playing next to each other.

I like the picks but tend to agree with you. If we go with Lauletta in the 2nd maybe something like this:

1st - Vea or Phillips

1st - Marcus Davenport

2nd -  Kyle Lauletta 

2nd - Darius Leonard

3rd - DJ Chark

4th - interior OL

5th - RB

5th - CB

Edited by Kirby Jackson

37 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This selection of picks should be mocked with two DTs in the first and a weak armed project QB in the 2nd.  Wouldn't be a wise way to expend draft capital IMO. 

Strongly disagree. DT/DT at 21/22 isn't a bad idea at all. Dareus traded, Kyle old/retiring, rest of the guys are all graded outside the top-100 in the league. It would actually be a very Carolina-esque thing to do. Wouldn't be surprised at all. 

And "Weak armed project QB" is a slanderous description of Lauletta. His arm is fine. He also happens to be accurate and intelligent and throws with great anticipation. On many lists he will climb over the flawed table scraps (Jackson, Rudolph) that Bills fans have been debating picking at 21. He would be an excellent 2nd round pick if we don't manage to trade up to the top-5 for Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield. 

Sorry to say this is one of the worst posts I've ever seen from you. 

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Not a fan of Via. Not a fan of Hernandez. 

Via I think get away with a lot of things just due to strength. He kind of a one trick pony and I feel he will struggle in the League.

Hernandez I feel just doesn’t have the length.

I assume you mean Vita Vea.  He’s an animal, man.  Could play zero, one, or three tech.  Instant starter.  And he’ll be long gone by 21, so you won’t have to worry about him struggling for Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Here is my post Senior Bowl Mock Draft. I can see Mcbean doing something like this depending on what they can do in free agency. 

5th Rnd - BPA

5th Rnd - BPA

1st rounders are possible, but 2 dts in the 1st is highly unlikely, price won’t make it till the 2nd round picks we have, Hernandez won’t make it to the end of the 3rd, Ballage wont make it to the 4th, Lauretta is not a 2nd round qb despite his senior bowl mvp. IMO this is not a realistic mock. I get 5th round bpa, but who? The qb FA would still influence everything, but still this mock is unrealistic regardless, Lauretta and and Peterson won’t cut it going into 2018 if they want to win. No lb and no pass rush would leave gaping holes on the roster.

what do you think they do if FA? I agree that 2 1st picks could be DL, but one has to be an edge rusher given the need of this team and history of this front office.

1 hour ago, wppete said:

5th Rnd - BPA

5th Rnd - BPA

DT/DT will stir the pot but is fine. Can't argue with the need. I think you're going overboard with the interior OL though. Wood retiring won't make that big a difference. Groy is good. Hernandez is probably gone in the 2nd round anyway. Not sure if we'll get your specific RB but there are an assload of RBs this year. Getting one in the 4th or 5th round will be a good idea.  

15 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I assume you mean Vita Vea.  He’s an animal, man.  Could play zero, one, or three tech.  Instant starter.  And he’ll be long gone by 21, so you won’t have to worry about him struggling for Buffalo.

Vea is not a Ngata clone like most would state, Vea doesn’t have the athleticism to block kicks like Ngata had, nor is he the athlete Ngata was at Oregon, he’s not as quick off the LOS or nearly as good at penetrating the A gaps as Ngata. He’s a really good player, and definitely NT clogger, but not  a top ten guy. Ngata was special, top ten worthy, Vea is not and could certainly could last to 21, although I think he could is just as likely to be picked just before that. He’s more in the Vince Wilfork vain athletically and functionally defensively. IMO people forget how special Ngata was and want Vea to be that, Ngata was a pocket wrecker from the jump. Vea is not a 3 tech caliber game wrecker. 

FWIW Wilfork went with the 21st pick i the 2004 draft.

Edited by P51

10 minutes ago, P51 said:

Vea is not a Ngata clone like most would state, Vea doesn’t have the athleticism to block kicks like Ngata had, nor is he the athlete Ngata was at Oregon, he’s not as quick off the LOS or nearly as good at penetrating the A gaps as Ngata. He’s a really good player, and definitely NT clogger, but not  a top ten guy. Ngata was special, top ten worthy, Vea is not and could certainly could last to 21, although I think he could is just as likely to be picked just before that. He’s more in the Vince Wilfork vain athletically and functionally defensively. IMO people forget how special Ngata was and want Vea to be that, Ngata was a pocket wrecker from the jump. Vea is not a 3 tech caliber game wrecker. 

FWIW Wilfork went with the 21st pick i the 2004 draft.

No, he may not be Ngata, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t the top DT in the draft.  IMO, you’re selling him short.  He played all over the line this season, and his final college year stats are quite similar to Ngata’s.  I bet he goes in the top 15.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-is-vita-vea-the-next-haloti-ngata

30 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Not a fan of Via. Not a fan of Hernandez. 

Via I think get away with a lot of things just due to strength. He kind of a one trick pony and I feel he will struggle in the League.

Hernandez I feel just doesn’t have the length.

IMO Hernandez’s lateral agility and balance will allow him to make up for his physical limitations with arm length, his girth and natural ability to slide side to side make up for that. Vea, while I agree about his strength compensating overly at the collegiate level will allow him to hold the point and still be highly effective in a Wilfork way at the next level. His struggles will be rushing the passer at the next level consistently as they were at the collegiate level.