Eric Wood has career-ending neck injury; will retire

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Let's not sit here and act like Wood has been healthy his whole career. Let's not also sit here and act like this wasn't wear and tear. Let's also not sit here and act like that extension was necessary. The extension was terrible when it happened and now it's laughable at what this organization is doing. Don't worry though, they shipped Dareus, Sammy and Darby out for anything. 

I love how you question the front office for not appropriately assessing  Wood's risk and in the same post you criticize them for shipping Dareus and Watkins out. You don't understand how incredibly stupid that sounds, do you? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

Without KB we lose the Indy game and don’t make the playoffs. A third round pick to end the drought is well worth it. 

The kid has potential - he did get hurt but played through it. He had a knee issue earlier this year in Carolina right before he got traded but it doesn’t appear irreparable by any means. He showed a lot of toughness and Football character playing through what had to be a lot of pain with little at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, QCity said:

I love how you question the front office for not appropriately assessing  Wood's risk and in the same post you criticize them for shipping Dareus and Watkins out. You don't understand how incredibly stupid that sounds, do you? 

You know how racist it makes it look??  The guys shipped out where black and a guy like Wood was overpaid

Edited by Ittakestime

Just now, Ittakestime said:

It is also widely known that Benjamin has knee injuries. 

He tore an ACL in 2014 and injured his meniscus this year. Should they only entertain acquiring players who have never had an injury? Their biggest thing is being available, but 100% healthy. It’s impossible to be 100% healthy every week in the nfl and then find 53 of those guys and oh by the way it only costs a 3rd for a WR1.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Batman1876 said:

Questionable health? Before this his only injuries were a broken leg his rookie year and another broken leg last season. Hardly injury prone. 

Nope. Missed games in 2010. Tore his ACL in 2011. Torn MCL in 2012

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He tore an ACL in 2014 and injured his meniscus this year. Should they only entertain acquiring players who have never had an injury? Their biggest thing is being available, but 100% healthy. It’s impossible to be 100% healthy every week in the nfl and then find 53 of those guys and oh by the way it only costs a 3rd for a WR1.

The guy was barely practicing on Carolina and limping off the field before we traded for him

14 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Its common frickin sense to not overpay to extend a player who had questionable health his whole career. Beane has done nothing but hurt this organization. 

Lets not forget they traded for an injured Benjamin

He played every snap this season and before his broken leg last year he had started the most consecutive games for a center at that point. This post is nonsense

1 hour ago, theAteam said:

Sounds like it probably isn't something that will affect his day-to-day life, so that's good.

Understood that Cappuccino helped in the one neck injury - but all I gotta say to Eric Wood...get a second opinion...Cappuccino and his partner run a Medicaid billing mill up in Niagara County and when my son saw him....he recommended spinal fusion surgery for a 17 year old...his diagnosis could not have been more wrong....he has...literally...the worst reputation in WNY....had we took his recommendation - my kids back would have been screwed up for his entire life....All the guy wanted to do was get him into surgery for the money...

Edited by baskin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, baskin said:

Understood that Cappuccino helped in the one neck injury - but all I gotta say to Eric Wood...get a second opinion...Cappuccino and his partner run a Medicaid billing mill up in Niagara County and when my son saw him....he recommended spinal fusion surgery for a 17 year old...he diagnosis could not have been more wrong....he has...literally...the worst reputation in WNY....

Hmmm sorry to hear that. My family had a very positive experience. 

2 minutes ago, baskin said:

Understood that Cappuccino helped in the one neck injury - but all I gotta say to Eric Wood...get a second opinion...Cappuccino and his partner run a Medicaid billing mill up in Niagara County and when my son saw him....he recommended spinal fusion surgery for a 17 year old...he diagnosis could not have been more wrong....he has...literally...the worst reputation in WNY....

He already said in his statement that he consulted with other doctors.

6 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

You know how racist it makes it look??  The guys shipped out where black and a guy like Wood was overpaid

And yet the same regime traded for Matthews, Gaines, and Benjamin, signed Hyde, Poyer, Tolbert, and Ducasse, and drafted Tre White, Zay Jones, and Dion Dawkins with their top 3 picks.

Good call! :lol:

• Like (+1) 3

Wood averaged 13.33 games per season for nine years. That's quite high for the NFL. Just about everyone who plays for an extended period in the NFL gets a significant injury at some point. 

The guy was barely practicing on Carolina and limping off the field before we traded for him

And so they should have looked st that and said “these leg injuries make me worry about his neck”  really?

• Like (+1) 1