Are the "inside sources" trustworthy?

simool

Are the "inside sources" trustworthy?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you trust the most?

9 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

There are no more remaining members with inside sources.

They have all been culled off. 

Leroi was was the only reliable source and he was banned.

Now you guys can get your scoops from the media. 

mlm

That's fine. Doesn't change my life a bit. 

For me, it's not about whether posters claiming inside info are trustworthy or not.  For me it's not about believing or disbelieving what has been claimed.  It's not actionable information unless somebody foolishly decides to buy or not buy season tickets because of it.  I'm not doing that.  It just gets thrown into the collection of off season  speculation, rumors, mock drafts and everything else that helps make the off season a little more interesting from a football standpoint.  I don't mind Dunkirk Don or Savior Peterson or anybody else making claims of inside info because it does no harm, at least to me.  I really don't get the skeptics getting all bent out of shape by it any more than I would get a "true believer" mortgaging the farm because of what he/he has read.

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

For me, it's not about whether posters claiming inside info are trustworthy or not.  For me it's not about believing or disbelieving what has been claimed.  It's not actionable information unless somebody foolishly decides to buy or not buy season tickets because of it.  I'm not doing that.  It just gets thrown into the collection of off season  speculation, rumors, mock drafts and everything else that helps make the off season a little more interesting from a football standpoint.  I don't mind Dunkirk Don or Savior Peterson or anybody else making claims of inside info because it does no harm, at least to me.  I really don't get the skeptics getting all bent out of shape by it any more than I would get a "true believer" mortgaging the farm because of what he/he has read.

I couldn't disagree more.

If holding the truth in high regard is passe, then call me old fashioned.  Anonymous internet or not, I still cling to the belief that we all have an obligation to tell the truth.  Stating opinions is perfectly fine; that's the lifeblood of this board. But its not OK to say you have a source when in reality the only one speaking to you is that little voice in your head.  

We have very passionate people on this board, some of whom are easily manipulated and excited.  It's not Ok for them to be used and manipulated by a few pathetic posters whose only distinction is their desperate need for affirmation and attention.

These people need empathy and help, not enabling.

Edited by BillnutinHouston
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I couldn't disagree more.

If holding the truth in high regard is passe, then call me old fashioned.  Anonymous internet or not, I still cling to the belief that we all have an obligation to tell the truth.  Stating opinions is perfectly fine; that's the lifeblood of this board. But its not OK to say you have a source when in reality the only one speaking to you is that little voice in your head.  

We have very passionate people on this board, some of whom are easily manipulated and excited.  It's not Ok for them to be used and manipulated by a few pathetic posters whose only distinction is their desperate need for affirmation and attention.

These people need empathy and help, not enabling.

So if you don't believe that poster, stop reading their posts.  Simple solution.  Why does everybody have to go pissing on the poster?  Doing that just causes more anger on this board and draws away from it's true intentions.  Why create a big ruckus when there is no need to?  Some days I come on here and it's like it's a place where people take out their anger on another poster for really no reason.  I guess that's the entire internet now though.  It's quite the shame.  

12 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Why is there not a "none of the above" option?

Because I did not ask you who you trusted, I asked who you would trust the most.  Pick the lesser evil.

Edited by simool

3 minutes ago, simool said:

Because I did not ask you who you trusted, I asked who you would trust the most.  Pick the lesser evil.

But that assumes that there has to be at least SOME trust to begin with if you can pick one to trust over another.

I guess I'd trust all of them more than Bernie Madoff. That's all I know lol.

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

But that assumes that there has to be at least SOME trust to begin with if you can pick one to trust over another.

I guess I'd trust all of them more than Bernie Madoff. That's all I know lol.

No trust necessary... you can distrust them all, just select the one that you distrust the least.

For me, I would trust Bernie the most.  He turned a good amount of coin for a very long run, and you would not want to be getting on that train late.