Remind Me - Why Didn't We Make a Run at Nick Foles?

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

yes it is...Tyrod averages 201 yasrds a game Foles 199

Its not fair to count the LA stuff. 

I think the Bills need to consider trading for Foles. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I'd love to get Foles, but does concern me a little bit that he was contemplating retirement after one bad year in St Louis.  Does he want to be a great QB? Is he still gonna be hungry after winning Super Bowl?  

I think Jeff Fisher sucked the Love for the game out of him. I’d trade a 2 for him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The_Dude said:

Its not fair to count the LA stuff. 

I think the Bills need to consider trading for Foles. 

It is what it is, but I would be highly in favor of it if only for his playoff clutchness

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Tyrod averages 156 passing yards a game.

ah I see what the issue is...

It counts games he is active for even though not starting...

In his "14 games" for Baltimore he averaged 14.2 yards per game...

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

ah I see what the issue is...

It counts games he is active for even though not starting...

In his "14 games" for Baltimore he averaged 14.2 yards per game...

Good call, didn't catch that.  Call me Brady

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, jmc12290 said:

That's the same thing for Foles.  Both numbers are faulty.

Yeah if I just look at Foles 8 games he started in 2015(all of his 8 games were starts) he averaged 270 yards a game...

way better than Taylor...

But then again in his 11 starts in Saint Louis, he averaged 187 yards...worse than Taylor...

He needs to be in the right system, he isn't one of those guys you can plug and play with any system...

Either way it would be the best QB Daboll has had to work with by far...

Bills need to at least inquire about price...

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah if I just look at Foles 8 games he started in 2015(all of his 8 games were starts) he averaged 270 yards a game...

But then again in his 11 starts in Saint Louis, he averaged 187 yards...worse than Taylor...

He needs to be in the right system, he isn't one of those guys you can plug and play with any system...

The Jeff Fisher Rams killed everybody

• Like (+1) 1

In the playoffs(4 games), Foles has a 71.9% completion rate, averages 8.4 Y/A and has a QB Rating of 113.1....

Averages 291 YPG and has thrown 8 TDs and 1 INT...those are Flacco like numbers.

You can't teach clutch and a QB who displays that ability is worth a LOT...I'd take my chances on a guy like that versus a guy who is great during the season and disappears when it counts...we already know he is clutch in the playoffs even if he isn't that great during the season...all we'd have to do is get him to the playoffs like the Ravens did with Flacco...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It feels great right now, but the best thing for him, wentz, and the team going forward is to trade him. Give him a chance to start somewhere and remove the awkwardness from the qb room if wentz has a bad stretch next year. Trade him for Tyrod and a pick. Then they have a decent backup but remove the controversy in waiting. Wentz is their future and they’ve invested a lot in him. They need to thank Foles by setting him free.

So the Eagles are going to  pay their backup QB $18 million next year? I don't think so.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Lol...He averages fewer yards a game than Tyrod does over his career...hahahaha...people would have a field day with this...

51 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Actual QB passing yards?  I don't think that's correct.  Fin any case, Foles made a throw tonight over the middle between 2 defends Tyrod would never dare attempt.  He was fantastic tonight.  Tyrod couldn't dream of putting that game together.

You got to be careful with Yards per Game statistics.

2017 Foles stat line is 537 yards for 76,7 yards per game in the Regular Season.   He only started 3 games but appeared in 7 games.

That's why the Yards per Game is low.

His Playoff stat line is 2 games for 598 yards for a 299 yards per game.

This is not counting the Super Bowl (they haven't updated the site yet.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FoleNi00.htm

On 1/21/2018 at 8:55 PM, Real McCoy said:

Def the NFC championship game MVP thus far today. Now I just hope he can do the same or better in the SB to take down the PATs.

Screenshot 2018-01-21 at 8.53.42 PM.png

TY - Foles

We don't need a QB with over 700 yards in 2 of the most crucial games.... 

Screenshot 2018-02-05 at 12.50.13 AM.png

Edited by Real McCoy

Also shows what a good coordinator will do. Using college concepts and RPOs can be very effective in the NFL. Hopefully we hired a creative play caller this time.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Bottom line is if he in not productive you have a poor Offensive coordinator 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Btw Shady mccoy loves nick foles. He played with him in philly when they  went to the playoffs under Chip and he’s been tweeting About him regularly saying how good he is 

Yes. Man, I've been high on Foles since hoping the Bills would draft him his rookie year. I think he is the only QB available who makes sense as an upgrade from Tyrod. And now Foles is the Brady killer — he outdueled him in the Super Bowl. Come to the AFC East and finish the job, chase him into retirement. I've been hoping for an RPO with Tyrod, but an RPO with Foles would be even better.