I hope last weekend finally kills the "you need a Franchise QB to be a contender" nonsense

1 hour ago, Figster said:

McD is the one you will have to convince when it comes to letting go of Taylor,

which will be easier said then done IMO.

Lets say Taylor does come back through all the changes and stands behind center when the next regular season rolls around. 4 years as the Bills starting QB.

Who at the dawning of a New Era has represented this franchise better?

don't make it worse.  

Protecting the ball is good

Being more overprotective than an overprotective OC hurts the teams ability to win.  

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

FIFY

Muchas gracias :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It was tongue and cheek.

What's a tongue and cheek have to do with what you said?

You didn't even say it with your tongue or your cheek.  You typed it on an Internet message board.  0:)

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I got a feeling you will be the mad one come March when TT is gone, bro.

Not at all.

If we upgrade the position, I'll be stoked.

But I think the likelihood of Taylor being gone in March is low, unless we've traded him as part of a package at that point to trade up in the draft.  Personally, I don't think Beane or McDermott will go the route of a FA vet QB.  I think they want their guy in the draft in the 1st round specifically, which was the whole point of all of our moves last offseason going all the way back to trading down with KC in the draft.

Sorry, had to be serious for a moment, there  :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

1 hour ago, Figster said:

McD is the one you will have to convince when it comes to letting go of Taylor,

which will be easier said then done IMO.

Lets say Taylor does come back through all the changes and stands behind center when the next regular season rolls around. 4 years as the Bills starting QB.

Who at the dawning of a New Era has represented this franchise better?

Oh MCD is convinced. Did he not bench Tyrod this season? Just because Peterman sucked doesn't all the sudden change the reason Tyrod got benched. Please spare me it was Dennison or anyone else because the HC made the call and had the authority to. So please assume he was complicit. Tyrod wasn't benched for any other reason besides he wasn't getting it done. 

I think the 5 fans Tyrod has left will have to do the convincing.

4 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

This battle will rage into eternity. The proof is in the pudding folks.. Good teams go far in the playoffs.

They just can't be a liability you morons (PETERMAN)

Don't confuse a weak quarterback losing with a good team (Savage in the playoffs) to meaning a good quarterback wins no matter what. That's called a contrapositive or something like that. Go back to school folks.

I want you to change your name to TyrodThrew0Touchdowns. I know you don't care what I think but I'm saying it anyway because it's funny.

Edited by Lfod

14 minutes ago, KHAN said:

AFC Champion QB's since 2003.

V782qgh.jpg

3 HOF guys, one retired, one over 40, one who's been talking about retiring for a couple years ago.

The AFC is getting more wide open.

Why'd you leave out the NFC?

Brad Johnson

Jake Delhomme

Donovan McNabb

Matthew Hasselbeck

Rex Grossman

Eli Manning

Kurt Warner

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Eli Manning

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Russell Wilson

Cam Newton

Matt Ryan

Case Keenum/Nick Foles

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

3 HOF guys, one retired, one over 40, one who's been talking about retiring for a couple years ago.

The AFC is getting more wide open.

Why'd you leave out the NFC?

Brad Johnson

Jake Delhomme

Donovan McNabb

Matthew Hasselbeck

Rex Grossman

Eli Manning

Kurt Warner

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Eli Manning

Colin Kaepernick

Russell Wilson

Russell Wilson

Cam Newton

Matt Ryan

Case Keenum/Nick Foles

OK let's just finish this off: SB winning QBs:

Super Bowl 34. Kurt Warner (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer (Ray Lewis), 1 TD
Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson (Dexter Jackson), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady (MVP), 3 TDs
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady (Deion Branch), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger (Hines Ward), 0 TDs
Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger (Santonio Holmes), 1 TD
Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees (MVP), 2 TDs
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning (MVP), 1 TD
Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco (MVP), 3TDs
Super Bowl 48: Russell Wilson (Malcolm Smith), 2TDs
Super Bowl 49: Tom Brady (MVP), 4TDs
Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning (Von Miller), 0TDs
Super Bowl 51: Tom Brady (MVP), 2TDs

5 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Bortles threw for more yards and tds during the season than Taylor for starters and then this happened 

Tyrod sucks, your crusade and feelings suck a little harder.       

I “get it”   Only Bortles beat Taylor and played better all year so it makes zero sense to be honest.   

Bortles is worse than Taylor.  Sorry.  Fans like you get suckered into QBs like Bortles without realizing over his career, more of his production has come in garbage time than the vast majority of NFL QBs, by far.  Over the last 3 years, here's his production when his team has been down by multiple scores (9 or more points):

28.5% of all of his attempts

30.3% of all of his completions

32.3% of all of his yards

36.7% of all of his TDs

32.3% of all of his rushing attempts

37.2% of all of his rushing yards

42.9% of all of his rushing TDs

Bortles is fortunate enough  to be on probably the most talented team in the NFL.  His production over the course of his career has been illusory and massively in garbage time.

Look at the end of the day Tyrod has to play better.  He is still very inconsistent, but he also needs help...better OL, better WR's and better play calling.  All of that can be (is being) fixed this off season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Bortles is worse than Taylor.  Sorry.  Fans like you get suckered into QBs like Bortles without realizing over his career, more of his production has come in garbage time than the vast majority of NFL QBs, by far.  Over the last 3 years, here's his production when his team has been down by multiple scores (9 or more points):

36.7% of all of his TDs

Bortles is fortunate enough  to be on probably the most talented team in the NFL.  His production over the course of his career has been illusory and massively in garbage time.

Nice stats, where did you get those from?

FWIW, TT had 18 TDs last year and 5 were garbage time using your perimeters. So 13 meaningful TDs in 15 games.  

Not to mention TT led his offense to

9 pts vs NE

3 pts vs NE

3 pts vs NO

3 pts vs Jax

3 pts vs Car

and had 56 and 65 yard passing days 

All that is just this past year 2017

Bortles sucks but he doesn't suck as bad as Tyrod.

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

36.7% of all of his TDs

Bortles was better this year in the regular season and the post season 

Please stop 

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Figster said:

I have no problem drafting a QB to groom. On the other hand it would be great for the Buffalo Bills to come out next season with the same work ethic and good chemistry from a team perspective and I think Tyrod Taylor is a big part it.

In my humble opinon and with all due respect sir.

Alex Smith is a name being tossed around allot. How deep into the playoffs did he go? 

The man did throw for 4042 yards with 26 TDs, 5 INTs with a rating of 104.7. That Chiefs offense was 17th in passing attempts and yet 7th in yards, 10th in TDs, 2nd in INTs. They finished the season #6 in PF, #5 in yards. All this with three players on offense doing most of the heavy lifting, one WR in Tyreek Hill, one TE in Travis Kelce, and one RB in Kareem Hunt.

In the playoffs, TE Kelce went out in the first half and that left Smith with one WR to throw to and suddenly in this game, his OC decided to stop calling run plays. The #1 team in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt and #9 in rushing yards for some reason didn't rush the ball much. 16 rushing attempts for 69 yards in that playoff game.

Last season (2017) the Chiefs offense was #7 in passing yards, #9 in rushing yards, and their defense was #28 overall, #29th in passing allowed, #25th in rushing allowed. In that playoff game, the Chiefs defense allowed Tennessee 397 total yards of offense. 

Bottom line is the Chiefs had a star RB that rushed for 1327 yards during the regular season and then only gave him 11 attempts rushing for 42 yards in the game. That opportunistic Chiefs defense that was #2 in turnover differential at #15, only Baltimore was better at #17. The Chiefs defense stunk up the field in the second half allowing the Titans offense 19 points to a very mediocre QB and rush attack. It was more the lack of a run game and bad defense that lost that playoff game IMO. 

I would take QB Alex Smith any day over Tyrod Taylor!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

The man did throw for 4042 yards with 26 TDs, 5 INTs with a rating of 104.7. That Chiefs offense was 17th in passing attempts and yet 7th in yards, 10th in TDs, 2nd in INTs. They finished the season #6 in PF, #5 in yards. All this with three players on offense doing most of the heavy lifting, one WR in Tyreek Hill, one TE in Travis Kelce, and one RB in Kareem Hunt.

In the playoffs, TE Kelce went out in the first half and that left Smith with one WR to throw to and suddenly in this game, his OC decided to stop calling run plays. The #1 team in the NFL in rushing yards per attempt and #9 in rushing yards for some reason didn't rush the ball much. 16 rushing attempts for 69 yards in that playoff game.

Last season (2017) the Chiefs offense was #7 in passing yards, #9 in rushing yards, and their defense was #28 overall, #29th in passing allowed, #25th in rushing allowed. In that playoff game, the Chiefs defense allowed Tennessee 397 total yards of offense. 

Bottom line is the Chiefs had a star RB that rushed for 1327 yards during the regular season and then only gave him 11 attempts rushing for 42 yards in the game. That opportunistic Chiefs defense that was #2 in turnover differential at #15, only Baltimore was better at #17. The Chiefs defense stunk up the field in the second half allowing the Titans offense 19 points to a very mediocre QB and rush attack. It was more the lack of a run game and bad defense that lost that playoff game IMO. 

I would take QB Alex Smith any day over Tyrod Taylor!

I would consider A Smith to be a good upgrade to the Bills QB position and do not place as much emphasis on post season play as others might do and why I used him as an example.

thanks for the reply