I hope last weekend finally kills the "you need a Franchise QB to be a contender" nonsense

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Watching the games it just shows  how inadequate TT is at QB.  

So true.....  I mean, I can't even count how many times in these 2 games alone I'm just thinking to myself "Well, there's are throw Tyrod doesn't try" or "There's a throw I haven't seen Taylor make in 3 years."

And it's tough to watch because it is so frustrating.  Sure, Brady makes throws because he's great.  But these other journeymen QBs are making throws that I have never seen Tyrod attempt, let along make.  Our passing game has been remedial at best for years now.

Time to stop settling for terrible and expect better.  Whatever you need to do come draft time......if you believe a guy will be great, do whatever it takes to get him.  The position is everything in this sport.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jmc12290 said:

Does Tyrod Taylor on the 2017 Jags win the AFCCG AND pass for >117 yards?  

I won't post for a week if I lose!

You and NoSaint both keep bringing up that bet.

Why?

You mad that I won both of those light-hearted fun bets?

Or are you mad that despite the fact that you and your ilk were shouting from the mountaintop for a couple years that there was no way we'd make the playoffs with Taylor under center?

I wonder if us making the playoffs was bittersweet for you since one of your foundational beliefs was proven wrong.

Or does your bitterness go back to when I said there was no way Peterman was winning a "QB competition" in TC?

Or does it go back to me saying we weren't really very likely to draft a QB early last year?

Or does it go back to me saying McDermott as a new HC last year was much more likely to keep Taylor as his QB for another year or two?

Honestly are you just mad at me all the time because I've been right so much that deep down it scares you like a small child knowing that I've been saying I think it's unlikely Tyrod is just cut before his roster bonus is due, a bit more likely that he's traded likely in a package to move up in the draft, and probably about as likely McDermott decides to keep Taylor for another year, especially after the Dabol hire, which I believe makes it more rather than less likely Taylor's still under center in 2018?

If that scares you, don't worry, I also steadfastly believe we're drafting a QB in the first, probably through a trade up. And I think that QB will be given every opportunity to start sooner rather than later :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Taylor is a pitiful excuse for a QB. 

What exactly is the point people watching today’s games and then finding a way to make it an excuse to come on here and bash Taylor other than confirming that they are sort of a petty jerks. 

And by “sort of” I mean 100% totally are. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

5 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Because it makes me laugh to tweak your nose.

Nose remains untweaked.

I've been right so damn much :flirt:... hard to care much about the type of extreme overcompensation you tend to do here. 

So, you're the type of person who laughs because you think you're getting under someone's skin? Your family and friends must be very lucky :wub: 

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Nose remains untweaked.

I've been right so damn much... hard to care much about the type of extreme overcompensation you tend to do here. 

So, you're the type of person who laughs because you think you're getting under someone's skin? Your family and friends must be very lucky :wub: 

You sound upset.

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

:lol: 

All anyone really needs to know about you as a poster, and trolls like you certainly aren't guys anyone should ever get remotely upset about.

Did you think I didn't know about the topic I started?

I didn't mean for you to get your back up.  It's just a joke.  Lighten up, Francis.

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And the Taylor obsession continues :flirt: 

Unfortunately I am following your obsession for making up fantastical stats for him. 

9 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Another bad week for the #cot 

THE franchise qb vs 26/32 352 yard 3 td Nick Foles.   

Shoulda hired Foles as the bridge. 

15 of 15 to close the game. I am just stating the record book.   The only other QB (I assume in a playoff game) was Joe Montana. 

9 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

:lol: 

All anyone really needs to know about you as a poster, and trolls like you certainly aren't guys anyone should ever get remotely upset about.

In all honesty...   it takes one to know one. 

10 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

What exactly is the point people watching today’s games and then finding a way to make it an excuse to come on here and bash Taylor other than confirming that they are sort of a petty jerks. 

And by “sort of” I mean 100% totally are. 

I am sorry if watching real crappy QB's play well is an offense to Tyrod.  

since this was brought up.  

Marrone and Hacket,  how could I think they could run an offense long enough and well enough to outscore the Pats for a full 60 minutes 

Bortles played out of his mind for a half and then as expected slowly regressed and was Bortles again......  

Foles threw for 350+ yards and put up eye-popping 2013 stats........  I dream a Bills qb is capable of that......

Yes you need a franchise competent QB........

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Bortles played out of his mind for a half and then as expected slowly regressed and was Bortles again......  

Foles threw for 350+ yards and put up eye-popping 2013 stats........  I dream a Bills qb is capable of that......

Yes you need a franchise competent QB........

I think the Jags got away from Bortles too much.  He was really in rhythm and then they came out first drive after half time.... got into field goal range and immediately went into the Hackett Bills era run, run, pass, kick routine. After that most of the throws they asked him to make were 3rd and long rather than letting him take shorter gains on 1st and 2nd down.  It was a lot of the things McDermott and Dennison were criticised for in Buffalo this year. 

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Jags got away from Bortles too much.  He was really in rhythm and then they came out first drive after half time.... got into field goal range and immediately went into the Hackett Bills era run, run, pass, kick routine. After that most of the throws they asked him to make were 3rd and long rather than letting him take shorter gains on 1st and 2nd down.  It was a lot of the things McDermott and Dennison were criticised for in Buffalo this year. 

I was chided for mentioning that during the game and it was true. Hackett called a brilliant game at times and later on went into his stupid mode as he called for 2x runs at midfield only to keep putting Bortles in 3rd and long until he eventually failed.

Then with the team backed up in their own end zone he calls for 2x passes and a run on 3rd and long. It's as if Hackett was intent on taking Bortles out of his rhythm. 

All this makes me think that perhaps Bortles isn't half as bad as he looks at times and could really use a quality OC over Hackett, Greg Olsen. It makes me wonder what OCs like Doug Pederson, Pat Shurmur would do for him. 

In any event, if Tom Coughlin saw what we all saw then I think somethings will change and it won't be their QB.

Edited by Nihilarian

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I don't know why they thought 20 points was enough.  NE's D was not particularly good and many were simple short passes (a few nicer one's too). 

Yes it was almost as if I was watching Dennison & McDermott.......

This is what happens when the QB is not completely trusted.  You get the lead and take your foot off the gas because you don't want that QB to throw the other team back into the game.  It's good logic and works most of the time, but not against the Patriots.

5 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

This is what happens when the QB is not completely trusted.  You get the lead and take your foot off the gas because you don't want that QB to throw the other team back into the game.  It's good logic and works most of the time, but not against the Patriots.

Marrone and Hackett.    Played it too safe