I hope last weekend finally kills the "you need a Franchise QB to be a contender" nonsense

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I don’t think the team as a whole was very good this year offense or defense. The only thing that kept them afloat was taking the ball away and not giving it away. And I think Tyrod was directly involved in that and that’s basically the only thing I give him a lot of credit for. 

I just can’t believe the amount of flack around here for a guy than won more than he lost over 3 years and ultimately made the postseason while not having consistent weapons or defense. It’s mind blowing to me..... and now somebody like xrush or that awful teddy character are gonna translate that into me saying I think he’s the franchise for the next 5 years. 

Again, it wasn't Tyrod who won or lost. Win-loss is a team stat. It just is. Nor did Tyrod "ultimately made the postseason." Again, that would be the Buffalo Bills.

And while the defense was really inconsistent and not great, they were far better than the offense. They had that one absolutely awful three-game stretch in the middle of the season against the Jets, Saints and Chargers. But for the rest of the year they were pretty good. Turnovers were a part of that but far from all of it. The defense was pretty solid. The offense was OK and most of that was the run game.

The defense was 4th in yards (HELLO!!!) this year and 11th in points.

The offense was 29th in yards and 22nd in scoring. And the run game gets the lion's share of that.

Tyrod deserves a ton of flack. Again, I get it that you understand we are moving on and for good reason. But you're still giving Tyrod more credit than he deserves.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I don’t think the team as a whole was very good this year offense or defense. The only thing that kept them afloat was taking the ball away and not giving it away. And I think Tyrod was directly involved in that and that’s basically the only thing I give him a lot of credit for. 

I just can’t believe the amount of flack around here for a guy than won more than he lost over 3 years and ultimately made the postseason while not having consistent weapons or defense. It’s mind blowing to me..... and now somebody like xrush or that awful teddy character are gonna translate that into me saying I think he’s the franchise for the next 5 years. 

Tyrod gets "flack" because there are some here who have consistently argued that he was better than what he was.  Which is a low end starter.  That scares a lot of fans, because if McD and Beane hold that same opinion, they may not be as aggressive in actually attaining the QB of the future.  This team should be operating like TT is not an option and there are zero QB's on the roster worth anything at all.  Had they acted like that in the first place, Deshaun Watson would be our new on-his-way-to-franchise QB already, and TT would be a footnote.

This team has lacked The Guy since Kelly.  McD already showed he was willing to punt on a QB and roll with Tyrod last season.  If he does that again, I'll pull my !@#$ing hair out.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Again, it wasn't Tyrod who won or lost. Win-loss is a team stat. It just is. Nor did Tyrod "ultimately made the postseason." Again, that would be the Buffalo Bills.

And while the defense was really inconsistent and not great, they were far better than the offense. They had that one absolutely awful three-game stretch in the middle of the season against the Jets, Saints and Chargers. But for the rest of the year they were pretty good. Turnovers were a part of that but far from all of it. The defense was pretty solid. The offense was OK and most of that was the run game.

The defense was 4th in yards (HELLO!!!) this year and 11th in points.

The offense was 29th in yards and 22nd in scoring. And the run game gets the lion's share of that.

Tyrod deserves a ton of flack. Again, I get it that you understand we are moving on and for good reason. But you're still giving Tyrod more credit than he deserves.

I have absolutely no idea where you got those defensive numbers from. those rankings you just mentioned are wildly inaccurate. he defense was 26th(NOT 4TH) in total yds allowed and 18th in points against. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Man, can you imagine going through a 4th season with Tyrod? what a tragically boring season without hope that would be imo...if that ever happened I would go to Transplant’s house and set a bag of poop on fire on his front porch...and yes, I said poop. Lol :D

I certainly hope not. seems some don't want to admit or even understand that taylor was a big part of the offense failing. oh sure, he had no wr's and the OC stunk so a new OC is hired and they'll likely bring in another couple wr's to go with KB and all off a sudden taylor will step up his game and be the primary reason they win games.

has anyone considered taylors wonderlic score and how he is limited in reading a defense or absorbing the whole playbook?

take a peek at this list and tell me who has the lowest score.

How Smart Is Your Team's QB? Home / How Smart Is Your Team’s QB?

taylor has a good work ethic. good guy, good team mate, likable and professional but he is not very smart and the new OC will not be dumbing down any playbook for him.

no crisp, I don't believe we'll be seeing taylor under center in the upcoming season and that in itself should give most fans hope going forward. I say most because there are those few as seen in this thread that just can not seem to let go and will argue tooth and nail that he deserves to be the bills starting QB.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Holy crap those are the weirdest most narrow parameters I’ve ever friggin seen as a “metric”!!!

I bet this has happened maybe once or twice with Buffalo from 2015-2016 with a one score game and enough realistic time under 2 minutes to drive down the field.

:lol:

Sheesh Transplant, my "metric" was a bit of a joke.  Why so serious bro?

If you want I can expand my "metric" to:

I want a QB who can have more than 10% chance of coming back 4 point anytime in the 4th quarter.

You have to admit that TT is not known for his comebacks, you just got to.

I have said over and over that I was a TT supporter his 1st year and that I gave him the benefit of the doubt his 2nd year.

He had to prove (to me) this year that he could be a reliable mid level NFL QB.

In my opinion he has not proven that this past year.

I do not "hate" the man and wish him well in whatever role he finds himself in the future.

I will state that I believe Tyrod needs to move on.

I have read your posts about keeping TT next year and drafting a young QB.

If that is true why are you so entrenched in keeping him for 16 more games max?

Are you FOR extending TT's contract? 

Unless you are already planning to defend TT if he stayed and try to prove he is better than whoever we draft?

OK, you don't need a franchise QB to win the SB, but your chances are doubled or more if you do, so let's stop all the nonsense about wknning it all with an avg QB like TT or Cousins because you have a better chance of being hit by lightning.

To consistently compete you need a great qb.   List the teams over the last couple decades who have lots of playoff appearances and then point out which ones have an average qb.   

You can can make a run here or there with an average guy but to consistently compete late on the playoffs requires a franchise qb.   Nonsense is anyone who would dispute that.  

11 minutes ago, Drifter said:

This weekend shows you need an elite QB to go to the Super Bowl. How'd that #1 defense hold up?

Actually pretty damned well....if they had a bit more at the QB position themselves they may have had enough to pull it off.

QB = #1 concern.

All other concerns on team = distant #2, etc.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

:lol: So friggin funny how absolutely seriously some of you are taking this thread.

Now let's go get the next Tom Brady this offseason and win some damn Super Bowls!!! :beer: 

Gotta be easy, right? :flirt: 

Does Tyrod Taylor on the 2017 Jags win the AFCCG AND pass for >117 yards?  

I won't post for a week if I lose!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

His point is the offense was so bad man. So bad. if it's a team sport, and Tyrod's supporting cast is terrible (less Shady), than who's to credit?? Defense and that quarterback that didn't lose the Chargers game.

The Chargers game shows us when the game isn't a "team sport"