I've lost all of my Saint Doug hate...

eball

...it just doesn't matter any more.  I actually enjoyed watching the Steelers have their asses handed to them for most of that game, and I'll be pulling for the Jags to beat the Pats*** as well.

Saint Doug is "obviously" flawed, but I'm happy where the Bills are and I'm done rooting for Marrone to fail.  We all know Coughlin is pulling the strings anyway.  ;)

• Like (+1) 5

I haven't lost my dislike for the quitter.  

6 minutes ago, unclepete said:

He’s a great coach. And he did a great job when he was in Buffalo. Moreso, he seems to have learned to take more risk. He’s a spineless coward but a really good coach. 

he screwed up big time.   

Lets run a fast paced offense with a rookie, rookie gets hurt, lets run a normal offense, rookie comes back fast pace but "dumbed down", repeat 

Year 2. Get Orton hears a who and then manages to drop the offense from 19th to 26th in ranking.  

• Like (+1) 2

I wanted him to stay here. What he did trying to get more money was a smart move and acceptable by most standards. Something I'd never do and something a man should never do; but, he was within his right.

Still wish we would have kept him. And Fitz, and George Wilson, and Poz, and Searcy, and Fletcher, and Levitre (based on no backup alone)... And more. 

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I wanted him to stay here. What he did trying to get more money was a smart move and acceptable by most standards. Something I'd never do and something a man should never do; but, he was within his right.

Still wish we would have kept him. And Fitz, and George Wilson, and Poz, and Searcy, and Fletcher, and Levitre (based on no backup alone)... And more. 

He was pissed about Sammy and EJ and having no power to do anything about it.     Hey first timer Welcome to the NFL.   

He also had to hire the SB winning coach Tom Coughlin to turn that boat in the right direction.  

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He was pissed about Sammy and EJ and having no power to do anything about it.     Hey first timer Welcome to the NFL.   

He also had to hire the SB winning coach Tom Coughlin to turn that boat in the right direction.  

Yup.  That team has Coughlin written all over it. 

• Like (+1) 4

Not me. BUT, he did go for 4th downs a few times as we've seen, and mostly, how refreshing is it to hear "I like it when my mobile inaccurate QB runs" instead of the "let's try to make him a pocket passer" mantra. He said many times this year too, not just recently.

I mean, the Bills put the assanine opt out clause in the contract and through back channels Marrone was pretty much guaranteed the Jets job. Then someone near the jets ran a smear campaign against him and made the owners pretty much back out. The guy grew up in NYC. I’m sure he was excited to get a chance to coach at home. I don’t really get why people hate him. Plus we had a really good vet QB that retired and all we were left with was a complete bust and probably the worst starting qb in football. A guy that Whaley was infatuated with and wouldnt stop forcing him onto coaches.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t really get why people hate him. Plus we had a really good vet QB that retired and all we were left with was a complete bust and probably the worst starting qb in football. A guy that Whaley was infatuated with and wouldnt stop forcing him onto coaches.

Because he's a massive prick who preached "family" and "don't let anyone give you **** for being a Bill" and "don't confuse effort with results" and then bailed because he wasn't praised enough for a playoff-less 8-7 season. The same thing he did to Syracuse. F him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A lot of this team was in place with Gus Bradley. They just underachieved. And in recent history Coughlin struggled in New York. Sure he helped, but I wouldn't attribute his success to solely to Tom Coughlin.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Once again, Coughlin struggled for several years in New York. And that 9-7 Bills team completely over achieved. I still remember feeling like the team finally seemed prepared even though they were overmatched. I think he and Jim Schwartz would have made the playoffs and made a run if they got one more year. 

Edited by unclepete
  • Like (+1) 2

2016 the JAGS were 3-13.   They finished 1 - 10.  the 1 win was against Tennessee. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/jax/2016.htm

8 minutes ago, unclepete said:

I think he won the last 3 games after taking over last year without Coughlin. And in recent history Coughlin struggled in New York. Sure he helped, but I wouldn't attribute his success to solely to Tom Coughlin.

VP of operations 

Getting Dareus improved their run defense a lot.   Who is responsible for that?  I don't know

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just Bills fans still being bitter about not getting to be the dumper instead of the one being dumped. Fans wanted him run out of town and hated him before he left. He used an option in his contract that allowed him an out with a nice chunk of cash and he did what was best for him and his family.

Whether you believe that he did it for the Jets job, he still landed on his feet and in a better situation then the Jets.

I'm sure no Bills fan has ever left a job for something different or for money.......

Edited by apuszczalowski
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Just Bills fans still being bitter about not getting to be the dumper instead of the one being dumped. Fans wanted him run out of town and hated him before he left. He used an option in his contract that allowed him an out with a nice chunk of cash and he did what was best for him and his family.

Whether you believe that he did it for the Jets job, he still landed on his feet and in a better situation then the Jets.

I'm sure no Bills fan has ever left a job for something different or for money.......

Sour grapes game on 1 billion. "We didn't want to be in the AFCCG game anyway!"

Doug Marrone, undefeated in the playoffs. Let's go!

• Like (+1) 1