Bills miss out on London games for '18-'19 season

Roundybout

5 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

yet they fill the stadium(s) 

ever watch cricket?  

46 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I absolutely hate games outside the US.  England and most of the world outside of the US love soccer, and they can keep those borefests...keep the NFL games here.  Not sure if this is anything more than a money grab for the NFL and the teams involved.

Go back to NFL Europe is they really have a yearning for American Football.

NFL Europe was a bust!  The uber crazy commissioner likes a reason to go to London.  He says it's successful, but most of us would disagree.

48 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

That’s a rough flight from LA and Oakland. Or Vegas, wherever they’ll be lol

Meh.  10 hr flight, they can snooze on a red eye.

46 minutes ago, NextYear'sTheOne said:

These and the Thursday night games need to go IMO. 

Why?  These games a ratings winners.   More so than MNF.

Aww how cute. The annual protectionist "Europeans don't understand football so give us our games back" thread. 

Forget that we sell the games out, forget that tv audiences are up this side of the pond (can't all say that can we?) Anyway you partly have your wish.... 3 games next year down from 4 in 2017.   

Nice that we had the typical "give them NFL Europe back if they must have something." Yea... we didn't much like that cos the product was ****. I'd rather watch the CFL. It's part of the reason soccer still hasn't caught on over there - I've tried to watch MLS games and they are brutal. Ever likely you don't go. 

I will go to the game at Tottenham this year because it is less than 2 miles from home and if it is an early game I will be able to get back for the vast majority of the Bills game at home. 

Right, you can all go back to your isolationist bliss now. The international series is here to stay. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Aww how cute. The annual protectionist "Europeans don't understand football so give us our games back" thread. 

For me, at least, it's not about protectionism - it's about giving away a home game and forcing teams to travel overseas to play. If it were baseball, with 150+ games in a season, then it's not that big of a deal. But when a team gives up 12.5% of its home games, in a league where one game can make all the difference, it's unfair.

I also hate watching my team play at 10:00AM local time.

38 minutes ago, Derelichte said:

The owner of the Jags also owns an English soccer team Fulham FC. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Yes....that has everything to do with it. We attended the Bills game in London and also the Fulham match the day before. The Jaguars cheerleaders performed at the soccer match.

3 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

For me, at least, it's not about protectionism - it's about giving away a home game and forcing teams to travel overseas to play. If it were baseball, with 150+ games in a season, then it's not that big of a deal. But when a team gives up 12.5% of its home games, in a league where one game can make all the difference, it's unfair.

I also hate watching my team play at 10:00AM local time.

try 8:00 to 8:30 AM