2018 Season Tickets

4_kidd_4

On 2/6/2018 at 12:19 PM, jimmy10 said:

From my fingertips to Russ Brandon’s ears, I guess. After asking the question here yesterday, I got the renewal email today.

I feel like section 127 might be nominally more expensive, like $20? Could be wrong though, and often am. 

I went up $20 a seat. Not too worried about it.

4 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The tix office used to be on point, polite and courteous. Always had a good experience w them.

Then after Pegula took over things changed. My (amazing) rep was no longer w the office and the new rep certainly lacked the customer service skills I had become used to. Suddenly renewal calls felt like a shakedown as opposed to a friendly reminder.

I think it’s a good microcosm of the franchise in general. We went from an old-school ‘family run’ business that cared about its employees and customers to a ‘welcome to the new NFL, pay up’ kinda vibe.

Could not disagree any more strenuously

4 hours ago, Sweats said:

A couple years back, I sent a few emails to OBD asking about info on executive packages on stadium seating and got no response.

Like, I'm talking that I was going to spend major $$$$$$$$ on seating for clients and the like and to not even consider getting back to me?

Shameful..........just shameful. 

His name is Russ Brandon. 

my money is on he was thinking how to soak you and all of us ST holders

for more $$$$$. 

On 1/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

So do you attend any or just try to flip all tix for a profit?

Clearly the ‘secondary market’ has been taking a bigger beating the last few seasons, you saw a huge spike in seasons with the Rex hire, a lot of those were ‘brokers’ jumping in. This past season’s drop off was still part of the Wrex effect, I would think.

But to your point re: preseason/late season, yes we couldn’t give them away either this year. Which did say a lot considering we were in contention all the way through december.

I know my seatmate got a call from his tix rep  in December to “check in”. My friend said he was likely out, and sited the abundance of $10 tix in December for years now, and the worthless preseason tix we have to buy. Said he would still attend games but would just pick and choose secondary market  for select games.

The rep gave him an earload about how you’d likely end up paying a higher premium for september games, and my buddy said “well factor in preseason cost that I’m saving and It’ll even out.”

I heard they asked Tyrod to make the sales pitch, but the pitch just kept sailing ;)

I could be wrong but I think people really don’t enjoy sitting outside in December. I think a dome stadium would make a big difference.

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That’s obv fine, I’m sure others have had different experiences and different interpretations with this franchise.

Personally, the snail-mail renewal letter I got last January with big a big red “FINAL NOTICE” was a little off putting, to say the least, after 14 seasons of gladly paying full price. January.

I get it though, it is the ‘new’ NFL, and we have an owner with the $ who will now try to keep up, and play nice with the big boys. I accept that, and all that goes with it; stadium naming rights, voting in favor of relocations, eventual new stadium, etc.

It’s still a different feel to me. 

13 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I could be wrong but I think people really don’t enjoy sitting outside in December. I think a dome stadium would make a big difference.

Personally, I love being properly dressed and outside in the elements. But see my above reply,  I’m old school like that. 

5 hours ago, Sweats said:

A couple years back, I sent a few emails to OBD asking about info on executive packages on stadium seating and got no response.

Like, I'm talking that I was going to spend major $$$$$$$$ on seating for clients and the like and to not even consider getting back to me?

Shameful..........just shameful. 

It’s kinda weird that I haven’t received any response. Did my email go to email purgatory? I’m a slave to the product so I’ll keep emailing and probably eventually call if I have to

59 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

That’s obv fine, I’m sure others have had different experiences and different interpretations with this franchise.

Personally, the snail-mail renewal letter I got last January with big a big red “FINAL NOTICE” was a little off putting, to say the least, after 14 seasons of gladly paying full price. January.

I get it though, it is the ‘new’ NFL, and we have an owner with the $ who will now try to keep up, and play nice with the big boys. I accept that, and all that goes with it; stadium naming rights, voting in favor of relocations, eventual new stadium, etc.

It’s still a different feel to me. 

Personally, I love being properly dressed and outside in the elements. But see my above reply,  I’m old school like that. 

Oh, I get it. I have to be honest though. Cold weather games no longer appeal to me. Maybe it’s because of the product of the last 20 years? Could be, I suppose but not liking the cold may be because I’m getting older.

47 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

It’s kinda weird that I haven’t received any response. Did my email go to email purgatory? I’m a slave to the product so I’ll keep emailing and probably eventually call if I have to

I got a new rep. I sent out a email around 6:15pm and got a reply quickly last night.

15 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

It's funny that you mention calling them because I called and they put me on hold..........after 20 minutes, I hung up.

Sorry OBD, but I suppose my money is better spent somewhere else.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/10/2018 at 5:12 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

Curious if any STH have received a sales pitch/invoice to renew for 2018 yet.

Reason being, last year.  The body wasn’t even cold on the ‘16 season and I received an email invoice on 1/3/17 for a deposit to renew(which I admittedly disregarded, based on  the previous 14 years of having until around may to decide). It was pretty off putting, but the real kicker was receiving a snail-mail invoice with “FINAL NOTICE” in big red letters about a week later, and a voicemail from my rep saying ‘no guarantee we can hold your seat without that deposit!’.

Felt like a real hustle to me. Had never been badgered that quickly after a season before. I certainly gave them bad feedback about the whole deal when they asked, and I know I wasn’t the only dissatisfied customer.

Then I had to laugh when I heard tix numbers were down considerably, because the “hustle” made sense. Act like demand is up and supply is down. Had ol’ Russ written all over it.

Anyways, I’m assuming the tix office will be a bit more gentle in their approach this offseason, just wondering if anyone’s heard anything as far as renewal/price increases etc.

They do what they can to grab every penny and hold it as long as they can.

Brokers and other names you call them have made it less fun with the internet age, and I thought it was impossible to get worse since the early 1990s

The season ticket renewals will be interesting this year.  Maybe not so much for the bills, BUT i recall seeing the Packers play the Bears @ Soldier field, and it was half empty.  That's always been a SRO ticket.  Super Bowl TV ratings were way down, so who's going to step up and put their money down?

19 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't know where Kidd is getting his impression from. While my reps have changed over the years they have all been terrific. Anytime I have any kind of issue, they fix it. The Bills customer service is top notch as far as I'm concerned. In fact, the Sabres would be wise to copy the Bills model.

43 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Ok so I got a call back from a rep. Any recommendations on seats? Not trying to break the bank but I also don’t want nose bleeds...

Just PMd you.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

My impression is from roughly 12 years with an amazing rep, then she was gone and the new guy(s) aren’t the same level I was accustomed to.

I’ll admit I was a bit spoiled, but she used to hook me up with special requests, hold seats for me, let me buy extras through my seatmates accounts, and there was zero ‘pressure’ to renew. It was always “take your time, we don’t do relocations until may”. 

It changed after Pegula took over, I’m willing to wager it came down from

the top to cut such things off at the customer level. Which is fine, that’s their choice.  You just eventually hit a point where you no longer feel valued as a loyal customer. It’s the little things.

Sure the new reps are polite and courteous, but remember, they are still trying to sell you something. And the last few offaeasons have felt like a hustle.

As I’ve already touched on, the entire franchise feels different, and I’m OK with whatever the future holds. It’s a different feel now, and I choose to reflect that with how much money I’m willing to spend on it.

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Ok so I got a call back from a rep. Any recommendations on seats? Not trying to break the bank but I also don’t want nose bleeds...

Funny, just added a  season ticket in row 38 of the upper deck. Spend so much time up there anyway, want a place I can stand for the entire game and not take crap and still be in the upper deck. @Augieand @seasons1992 know why I spend a lot of o time up there!

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Funny, just added a  season ticket in row 38 of the upper deck. Spend so much time up there anyway, want a place I can stand for the entire game and not take crap and still be in the upper deck. @Augieand @seasons1992 know why I spend a lot of o time up there!

Hey, maybe you need to watch your intake at the tailgate? 

• Haha (+1) 1