Sporting News: Draft? Trade? Exploring Bills' best non-Tyrod Taylor QB options in 2018

I still think NP is the QB of the future and option four is my choice especially since Beane is in love with him:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-nathan-peterman-quarterback-future-2018-nfl-draft-alex-smith/95ofoqj66m4m1gywtd44mklke

4. Stick with Nathan Peterman

"Overwhelmed" would be a kind word to describe Peterman's two starts as a fifth-round rookie. But keep in mind he went into the season as more of a developmental project and not with the mindset that he was going to be the No. 1 over Taylor. A full offseason with that mentality, in addition to more help around him, is bound to make Peterman improve.

Peterman impressed coaches enough in the preseason to displace T.J. Yates as the Bills' top backup. There are lots of things they like about his raw ability, and it shouldn't be shocking if the Bills simply decide to try to harness it as their starting solution.

• Like (+1) 1

Ha ha, there is no chance that the Bills are handing the keys to Peterman. In his 4 snaps Sunday he bobbled a snap, fumbled, took an intentional grounding penalty and got picked. There is a decent chance that he isn’t on the roster next year. If they draft a QB eary and sign a vet where does that leave Peterman? 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, there is no chance that the Bills are handing the keys to Peterman. In his 4 snaps Sunday he bobbled a snap, fumbled, took an intentional grounding penalty and got picked. There is a decent chance that he isn’t on the roster next year. If they draft a QB eary and sign a vet where does that leave Peterman? 

So Tyrod sits on the bench for 4 years not good enough to start for the team that drafted him but Peterman gets grilled for starting his rookie season. Come on man, Peterman is on this roster next season on that rookie contract IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

So Tyrod sits on the bench for 4 years not good enough to start for the team that drafted him but Peterman gets grilled for starting his rookie season. Come on man, Peterman is on this roster next season on that rookie contract IMO.

he's stating if they draft a rookie like we all want and sign a vet that Peterman might be the odd man out.... whats so hard to believe there? depends on if you believe we carry 2 or 3 active qb's

Edited by Stank_Nasty

He at no point showed that he is ready or capable of handling meaningful snaps in the NFL.  I get it he is your guy, but he is making the same mistakes over, and over again.  Franchise Qbs dont wet themselves repeatedly their rookie season than meracilusly become great.  You got it or you dont.  He doesnt got it.  A completely average qb out played him by a wide margin.  

23 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Asked a different way, “what are you optimistic about?” He was barely a 60% guy in college and completed 49% as a rookie and was a turnover machine. He gave no reason to be optimistic. 

The Bills are absolutely either signing Cousins or drafting a guy high. Most suspect that they will have a stop gap vet as well. If they go the draft route and take Allen (as an example) while signing Bradford (as an example) where does that leave Peterman? As a former 5th round 3rd string QB that has shown little to nothing when given the opportunity? Why waste a roster spot? 

If they sign Cousins I could see them keeping him as the developmental guy. That would assume that they don’t draft one. 

Somehow Bills fans became delusionsal with Peterman. He is Levi Brown not Carson Wentz. He was a 5th round project that isn’t very accurate and is awful under pressure. When he played, that’s who he was. That’s who he has been for years. There is 0.0% chance that the Bills hand him the keys.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I'm hoping for AJ Mcarron, Mayfield and Peterman to be fighting it out for the starting spot in pre season.

I think we really need a more reliable vet over McCarron... Way too much of a crap shoot with AJ.. need a vet with a better resume and experience IMO

10 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

I can see the Bills, though I don't approve, keeping Petermen and signing Sam Bradford as a Bridge. 

As long as we draft a qb to compete. Although Bradford wouldn't be a 1st choice.

Peterman will be here for at least TC

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Asked a different way, “what are you optimistic about?” He was barey a 60% guy in college and completed 49% as a rookie and was a turnover machine. He should no reason to be optimistic. 

The Bills are absolutely either signing Cousins or drafting a guy high. Most suspect that they will have a stop gap vet as well. If they go the draft route and take Allen (as an example) while signing Bradford (as an example) where does that leave Peterman? As a former 5th round 3rd string QB that has shown little to nothing when given the opportunity? Why waste a roster spot? 

If they sign Cousins I could see them keeping him as the developmental guy. That would assume that they don’t draft one. 

Somehow Bills fans became delusionsal with Peterman. He is Levi Brown not Carson Wentz. He was a 5th round project that isn’t very accurate and is awful under pressure. When he played, that’s who he was. That’s who he has been for years. There is 0.0% chance that the Bills hand him the keys.

Even if we land Cousins we're going to take a QB. Just possibly a little later.

Read: a Mike White/Riley Ferguson type

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Peterman almost cost us a place in the playoffs, and then actually did cost us while said playoff game was on the line... and you want to hand the franchise to him?

Yeesh. 

He *could* still develop, but he is pretty far away from being a viable starter at the moment. 

Edited by Dorkington

31 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

He at no point showed that he is ready or capable of handling meaningful snaps in the NFL.  I get it he is your guy, but he is making the same mistakes over, and over again.  Franchise Qbs dont wet themselves repeatedly their rookie season than meracilusly become great.  You got it or you dont.  He doesnt got it.  A completely average qb out played him by a wide margin.  

Comparing a 7 year veteran with a rookie with 1 start.  Very Hot take.