Possible Darkhorse FA QB's

What about a guy like Ryan Griffin QB at Tampa Bay?  Would have to trade for him.  Someone like that wouldn't surprise.  Someone in the league a few years, just looking for a shot.  Seems Beane's crew is good at finding unknown talent.

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

It's not my fault TT's latest was his worst.  He could always play better.

Maybe he just needs better WRs...

Anyway, the whole concept of picking up dumping TT for Bridgewater is laughable.  Can you imagine the scene here when Teddy is slinging for 3100 and 15/12 next year in Buffalo?

Boom!

Silly...

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The best Minny ever achieved under Teddy was dead average in points scored? They were 22nd and 16th in DVOA, neither of which is remarkable either.

And it's not our fault that you're choosing to back up a QB who provides very similar pass production to Tyrod, without any of the added rushing, coming off a catastrophic knee injury. It's a really strange hill to die on, honestly.

I think Teddy could and will have a better 2018 than Tyrod.  Sue me, bro.

Dark horse:  Eli Manning

Bills trade Cordy Glenn to the NYG for Eli Manning.

Giants select Sam Darnold with the #2 pick. 

Bills trade picks #21, #53, #90 to select Josh Allen at #10.

Eli for the next year or two. Josh Allen as his understudy and future franchise QB.

1 minute ago, napmaster said:

Eli for the next year or two. Josh Allen as his understudy and future franchise QB.

Whoa!  If all it takes is a rehabbing  LT to get Manning??  Sign me up!

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

With respect, (and personally I'd rather none of the 3), but how can you say Paxton lynch and then in the same breath say no way to keenum or foles?? And please don't answer lynch has more potential based on the unknown. The grass is greener is no way to logically make an argument for a qb. It just invites arguments for mccarron or bray for that matter. With ANY of these guys the best hope/case is they find a system or coach they mesh with and you have a false positive like we had w/Fitz or MIN has w keenum...

I should have been clearer in that no way do I want them to sign Lynch as their plan to be starter.  I'd have no problem signing him as more of a project to see if he can earn a backup role.  

Whereas if they sign Keenum and Foles I'd assume it's for the starting gig.  I don't want either.

2 hours ago, napmaster said:

Would give Josh time to work on his accuracy.

Why do we want to trade up all those picks for a guy with accuracy issues?  We got 3 guys with accuracy issues already

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, napmaster said:

This would be a Jail Break!!!!

I think we are in a tough spot. We currently run a WCO, so guys like Keenum, Bridgewater and Falk and Rudolph in the draft should, in theory, be great fits for our offense. WCO doesn't require a super strong arm, it requires accuracy, timing, and anticipation. 

With that said, we are still Buffalo and asking a guy like Keenum to throw the ball around in windy conditions might be asking too much. That is why we haven't been able to find the "guy" for so long. You need a big guy, with big hands, with timing and anticipation, and accuracy to be successful in Buffalo. Those guys don't grow on trees. 

Keenum sounds great on paper, yet I do not think he is a great fit for Buffalo. That is kind of why I feel its Alex Smith...while he doesnt have the strongest arm he has been playing in similar conditions for years and his arm is strong enough. He has great size, accuracy, and is very durable. Smith is the perfect bridge. Kirk Cousins makes sense, but he wouldn't be a bridge, he'd be "the" guy. Being 30 years old, I'm not sure he solves the long term issue at QB. It would be like acquiring the 30 year old Drew Bledsoe again. 

In the draft I feel like you are limited to Rosen or Darnold. Allen if you feel you can get him to be more accurate. In my opinion, most of the other guys are too small, or simply do not have the physical ability. 

sorry for not looking at all 5 pages 

I believe this ids the list of recognizable names as FA.  (I left off the Gino Smith's and Mark Sanchez's) 

Drew Brees - Market Value $25 Mil
Kirk Cousins  - Market Value $26 Mil
Bradford
McCown
Derek Anderson
Matt Moore
Kellen Clemmens
Brock Osweiller 
Matt Barkley
Tom Savage
Fitz 

21 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Would give Josh time to work on his accuracy.

Why do we want to trade up all those picks for a guy with accuracy issues?  We got 3 guys with accuracy issues already

I think College accuracy is what it is. You got it or you don't...  Not many QB's come from college with sub 60% average completion % and go on to rule the NFL. Can't think of many QBs that have myslef

Interesting read than goes along with my personal line of thinking regarding any QB we draft (supposed to be a link here) 

I do not want Allen. IMO its EJ manual all over agian

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B Fan in LA said:

I can't believe we're paying Tyrod $18mil a year...............

What genius at OBD approved that deal ?

Are we supposed to be worried we might lose him to somebody else ?

Jimmy Garappolo is making $870K

Go figure...............

he was due over $25 mil      he took a $10 Mil pay cut to play in 17.