2017 CFP Game Thread

/dev/null

8 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Him lasting that long is not for lack of talent but the devaluing of the position (which is ridiculous).

The most critical point of the game and your most dynamic runner is on the bench.  That's what GA gets!  Lesson learned.

Exactly.  Chubb ran 18 times for 25 yards.  Michel ran it 14 times for 98 yards and wasn't in the game the last 3 drives except on 3rd down.  Stupidity.  You think Saban would've had Michel on the bench and kept handing it off to Chubb?  

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

WTH is with #14 on GA!? He gave up totally. Just because you're expecting the safety to help out, you don't give up; he did.

Exactly what I was saying. Then he pulls a Gilmore and throws his arms up like it wasn't his fault at all. You never let your man go, assuming the help will be there. What a moron.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Um, no.

My thoughts as well. I have more muscle definition than that little boy, and I've never worked out.

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Exactly what I was saying. Then he pulls a Gilmore and throws his arms up like it wasn't his fault at all. You never let your man go, assuming the help will be there. What a moron.

My thoughts as well. I have more muscle definition than that little boy, and I've never worked out.

Not worried about the muscles, just not waiting for him to enter the draft.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Exactly.  Chubb ran 18 times for 25 yards.  Michel ran it 14 times for 98 yards and wasn't in the game the last 3 drives except on 3rd down.  Stupidity.  You think Saban would've had Michel on the bench and kept handing it off to Chubb?  

I just don't get these coaches sometimes.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Calvin Ridley is questioning why he ever went to Bama. With a real QB he’s a top 5 pick.

Yeah, OK!!! :):):):):):):) 

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Um, no.

Please, there is a reason why he was considered a top QB recruit coming out of high school and you saw it tonight. I see no reason to draft a QB in Rounds 1-3 now especially with no chance of Rosen and Darnold.

HA HA!

Alabama fans can relate to Bills fans!  Both know what it's like to have an athletic QB who can't throw the ball! 

Difference is 'Bama was able to shelve their Tyrod in favor of their Peterman, but he doesn't just throw interceptions....

If only we could have yanked Tryod and put in the good QB in the 2nd half of our game in Jacksonville.

Damnit!

1 minute ago, K-Apps said:

Please, there is a reason why he was considered a top QB recruit coming out of high school and you saw it tonight. I see no reason to draft a QB in Rounds 1-3 now especially with no chance of Rosen and Darnold.

You really want to wait that long for a QB? Not me and not the Bills, we're getting a QB this spring no matter what.

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Unreal finish.

How about that reporter sticking a mic in the crying GA player's face?

I laughed as it looked like a scene from a movie...to make it funnier, it looked like the kid (down on a knee) was probably praying.  98.5% of the kids on that team love them their Jesus.

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Step down hater, step down!!!

Time for a mood coloring book?

Yeah yeah, happy for you :P

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

He's played one half of college ball and made one good pass. He ain't going anywhere....yet.

I know

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Nice D Dawgs!....How do you ever let someone get behind you in that situation? Being a dumb dumb, that's how. ?

Part of the charm and fun of college football is how it is absolutely MILES behind the NFL.  It is a very primitive game in comparison where huge mistakes can and routinely do happen.

I still can't get over how freaking awful the kickers are, for example, on a lot of absolutely TOP football teams! 

FGs are often a "hold your breath" moment at the college level, which actually adds a lot of intrigue and fun to the games.

The college recipe is actually more entertaining than the NFL in many ways.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

You really want to wait that long for a QB? Not me and not the Bills, we're getting a QB this spring no matter what.

YES, he move the safety and gave his receiver and walk in TD. There are NFL QBs including Tyrod who can’t make that play as a QB. If he continues to progress he is a sure fire top pick in a NFL draft. None of these QBs have this kid ceiling. I rather Bills middle with journeymen or Peterman to have a chance st this kid.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

I laughed as it looked like a scene from a movie...to make it funnier, it looked like the kid (down on a knee) was probably praying.  98.5% of the kids on that team love them their Jesus.

So does the new Bama QB. Even excused himself for praising the Almighty before he spoke. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah yeah, happy for you :P

If you mean it thanks! I really am just so freaking thrilled.

BB, this was perhaps their 7th or 8th best team in the 11 years of Saban. This was his best coaching job by far. Without major injuries, next years team will be much better. Seriously.

Just now, K-Apps said:

YES, he move the safety and gave his receiver and walk in TD. There are NFL QBs including Tyrod who can’t make that play as a QB. If he continues to progress he is a sure fire top pick in a NFL draft. None of these QBs have this kid ceiling. I rather Bills middle with journeymen or Peterman to have a chance st this kid.

Relax bud, he played a half, let's see how he does for a season.

And if you want to wait 2more years for a QB you have mental disorders.

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

So does the new Bama QB. Even excused himself for praising the Almighty before he spoke. 

Funny thing--I guess it's never Jesus' fault when they lose.

"Hang on a minute....I just want to say F-you Jesus for costing us that game just now.  OK. I feel better.  Now what's your question?"

LOL

Relax bud, he played a half, let's see how he does for a season.

And if you want to wait 2more years for a QB you have mental disorders.

We are going to find "our guy" in the draft and do what it takes to get him...

Thank God!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-Apps said:

You've come to this conclusion after 2 quarters of play and one good pass? Maybe you should become an NFL scout. Not saying he won't be good, but you're just a tad premature in your assessment. The kid needs to put on some major muscle before he goes anywhere. He would get destroyed in the NFL built the way he is.

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

If you mean it thanks! I really am just so freaking thrilled.

BB, this was perhaps their 7th or 8th best team in the 11 years of Saban. This was his best coaching job by far. Without major injuries, next years team will be much better. Seriously.

Yes I mean it. 

I'm just not a Bama fan  and want to see someone else win.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

"Hang on a minute....I just want to say F-you Jesus for costing us that game just now.  OK. I feel better.  Now what's your question?"

LOL

We are going to find "our guy" in the draft and do what it takes to get him...

Thank God!

Exactly, this guy is high thinking we should wait.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

LOL

Never thought about that, but so so true. Lmao

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

You've come to this conclusion after 2 quarters of play and one good pass? Maybe you should become an NFL scout. Not saying he won't be good, but you're just a tad premature in your assessment. The kid needs to put on some major muscle before he goes anywhere. He would get destroyed in the NFL built the way he is.

He’s a freshman now, sure he needs to progress and fill out and I have no doubt he will considering where is and who is coming him. The way he moved the safety and got his receiver wide open like that was tremendous. But biggest thing I like was his composure and poise reminded me of Russell Wilson in Wisconsin. 

I actually fell asleep and woke up to see the end of OT.

I was like "why is this kid playing QB for 'Bama?"

I just assumed Hurts had the "hurts".  LOL.

Thought he was injured....will re-watch 2nd half and all of OT again when I have time. 

4 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

This is absolutely insane...

You can see how Saban finds a way to consistently get the talent he gets.

(The Mercedes, women, and cash his top players get on the side don't hurt either).

SHHHHHHHHHH!

;)

Just now, K-Apps said:

He’s a freshman now, sure he needs to progress and fill out and I have no doubt he will considering where is and who is coming him. The way he moved the safety and got his receiver wide open like that was tremendous. But biggest thing I like was his composure and poise reminded me of Russell Wilson in Wisconsin. 

The way he read the defense and looked the DB off was brilliant, but.....it's only gonna get harder for him. If he can keep that up and put on some muscle, he might have something. But in Bama, if he has a bad game or two, his career will be over.

I think it’s BS!!!!

Since their selection.

Honestly I watched 6 or 7 of their games. They didn’t start playing til the playoffs. Like, hey just coast, don’t worry how you look, don’t worry about even playing in your conference championship and hey, just be ready when you get in the playoffs.

SECs #3 11-1 team who coasted all year...

Or BIG 10 #1 11-2 team who play multiple big games...

I still think OSU deserved to be there over Bama. 

I watched a lot of football this year, nothing will change my mind of who was more deserving. Again Alabama has this silent entitlement and it’s BS.

Its like the science nerd who stumbled once then had an amazing exhibit who worked his butt off and finished strong and won the state championship.... but didn’t get the invite to the Nationals cause the judges wanted to invite last years winner instead, who really wasn’t that strong this year (or prove to be anyway) but cause he’s always usually great, let’s give him a shot.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Did you catch his interview on the podium when he said, "Without him (Jesus), all things are possible." ?

Just re-wound the DVR!

"You know, first and foremost, all glory belongs to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, without him all things are possible."

Couldn't have said it better myself!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.