The shift from "Go Bills" to "Anyone but the Cheatriots!"

As painful as yesterday's loss still is, it was nice to actually root for our own guys before making this inevitable shift to "anyone but NE". Going forward, who are you rooting for? I'm all in with the Saints. Yes, they squeaked by yesterday, but overall, I think they present the most realistic shot at beating the Cheats - matchup wise. Their early loss to NE was while they still tried the AP experiment...totally different team since then. From this point till the SB...go Saints!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I'm with you on the Saints, or maybe redemption for the Falcons?. The Falcons looked surprisingly good on Saturday night. I cannot see anyone stopping the Pats before the SB. The only possible way NE loses is to the Steelers and that wont happen at home.  But yes anyone but NE.

I'm with you on Atlanta as well. They looked like a complete team on Saturday. I'm not sold on Minny. Storybook season for Keenum but not counting on him getting it done to go all the way. Admittedly, I'm biased towards Brees getting another one. Not that his legacy is in question, it would just be nice for the guy to get a 2nd ring to cap off his HOF career.

Edited by ProcessTheTrust

1 hour ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

As painful as yesterday's loss still is, it was nice to actually root for our own guys before making this inevitable shift to "anyone but NE". Going forward, who are you rooting for? I'm all in with the Saints. Yes, they squeaked by yesterday, but overall, I think they present the most realistic shot at beating the Cheats - matchup wise. Their early loss to NE was while they still tried the AP experiment...totally different team since then. From this point till the SB...go Saints!

I really like the Saints.  It appears their D has flushed the memory of Rob Ryan and is rough and tough once more.

I would love to see the Steelers beat NE, but I think their O is gonna get banged up facing the Jags D and be easy pickin's for NE.

My preferred Superbowl would be Steelers-Saints.  I just think that would be a great game.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I really like the Saints.  It appears their D has flushed the memory of Rob Ryan and is rough and tough once more.

I would love to see the Steelers beat NE, but I think their O is gonna get banged up facing the Jags D and be easy pickin's for NE.

My preferred Superbowl would be Steelers-Saints.  I just think that would be a great game.

Steelers could beat them, but yeah, those Cheats just always pull through at home. That's why I think NO is our only hope. They might have an all Dome road...dome in Minny, unless Foles pulls out a miracle, back to their dome vs Atl, and then back to Minny for a dome SB. Brees is in his glory!

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

I'm with you on the Saints, or maybe redemption for the Falcons?. The Falcons looked surprisingly good on Saturday night. I cannot see anyone stopping the Pats before the SB. The only possible way NE loses is to the Steelers and that wont happen at home.  But yes anyone but NE.

My only thing here would be, if the Pats win another Superbowl, would Belicheck*** move on?  And if they lose, would he stay?

I could (almost) stomach another Pats Superbowl if it inspires Belicheck*** to leave town.

I worry about the Falcons.  Yes, they looked good on Saturday night, but the Rams also looked "not ready for Prime Time" so I question my perception.  I would NOT like to see a return of the "Folding Falcons" to the Superbowl. 

What puzzles me is how mostly the same cast of WR has had consistently lower catch %.  From the Falcons games I've seen this year (admittedly not many), a lot of Ryan's increased # of INTs is on the WR - balls ricocheting off their hands.  Every single one of Ryan's WR + Devonte Freeman has 4-5% lower catch % this year.  Why?   Is it a new OC?  Different coaching?  Scheme differences?  Ryan himself being just a little bit "off" on his throws?

7 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Steelers could beat them, but yeah, those Cheats just always pull through at home. That's why I think NO is our only hope. They might have an all Dome road...dome in Minny, unless Foles pulls out a miracle, back to their dome vs Atl, and then back to Minny for a dome SB. Brees is in his glory!

It's hard for the Steelers to beat that 12th man in Foxboro - you know, the Refs?  (sour grapes, I know, I know).

I like the "Dome Road" theory, and I'd like to see Brees win another ring.

1 hour ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Can we add the Steelers too the list? 

1 minute ago, Best Player Available said:

Can we add the Steelers too the list? 

For sure! I mean, I'm rooting for Tenn to pull out a miracle (ugh, maybe I should reconsider using Tenn and Miracle in the same sentence!). Steelers have the talent to take it but I just think NO is the most realistic team to stop the Cheats.

I am actually rooting for the cheatriots.  I figure if they win enough Lombardi Trophies that Billy Boy & Marsha will finally decide to hang it up.  But I could really careless who wins.  I do think it would be cool to see Minn play in their home stadium though. 

2 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I am actually rooting for the cheatriots.  I figure if they win enough Lombardi Trophies that Billy Boy & Marsha will finally decide to hang it up.  But I could really careless who wins.  I do think it would be cool to see Minn play in their home stadium though. 

Nah. We have been saying that for too long. They win, they will just keep going 

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

I used to think that way, but the only way Dorian Gray leaves the league is if he thinks he's lost it. Winning SBs doesn't help in that regard.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I used to think that way, but the only way Dorian Gray leaves the league is if he thinks he's lost it. Winning SBs doesn't help in that regard.

It has to get boring after awhile doesn't it?

We should prepare now:  unless Brady gets hurt, they’re getting #6.  I almost feel like I have to go through a month long dentist appointment.

The only team I can see challenging them is the Saints.  Payton and Brees have the experience.  BB and Brady will toy with every other team.

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

Nothing personal but this is one of my all time least favorite Cheatriot takes that pops up this time of year.  Why in the world would I ever wish success on cheating scum.  Die cheaters die

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Go Titans. Go Jaguars. Go Saints, as I see them as the best chance to deny the Pats. 

I think the Steelers get past the Jags pretty easily.

But if they make it through the 1st quarter in New England without curling up in the fetal position and whimpering uncontrollably, I’ll be surprised.

Just now, Success said:

I think the Steelers get past the Jags pretty easily.

But if they make it through the 1st quarter in New England without curling up in the fetal position and whimpering uncontrollably, I’ll be surprised.

The Jags who beat the Steelers handily this season?

Re: your second sentence, sounds like you're still talking about the Steelers, the Steelers who went toe-to-toe with the Patriots* and deserved to beat them this season?

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

It’s so annoying how the Pats basically get a bye to the AFC championship game every year.

They always come 1st because they beat up on a bad AFC east, then they will play a low seed in the 2nd round of the playoffs after their bye

It really helps when the league assigns you wins in games you shoulda lost too

4 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

The Jags who beat the Steelers handily this season?

Re: your second sentence, sounds like you're still talking about the Steelers, the Steelers who went toe-to-toe with the Patriots* and deserved to beat them this season?

Ben threw 5 picks in that game - he was playing poorly at that time.  I doubt this game is close.

NE owns Pitt under Brady.  Pitt needed home field to have a shot.

The Pats are deeper into their heads than even the Bills.  The Steelers are terrified to go up there to try to get a win.

Just now, Success said:

Ben threw 5 picks in that game - he was playing poorly at that time.  I doubt this game is close.

NE owns Pitt under Brady.  Pitt needed home field to have a shot.

The Pats are deeper into their heads than even the Bills.  The Steelers are terrified to go up there to try to get a win.

Okay, but what I said still stands true. Any given Sunday, sure, but facts are that the Jags whooped the Steelers and the Steelers very well could have beaten the Patriots*.

I somehow doubt the Steelers are afraid of playing football. 

18 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Okay, but what I said still stands true. Any given Sunday, sure, but facts are that the Jags whooped the Steelers and the Steelers very well could have beaten the Patriots*.

I somehow doubt the Steelers are afraid of playing football. 

Well, don’t get me wrong.  I’ll be pulling for the Steelers in that game - if it happens - as hard as the most committed Pitt fan.

It’s not without precedent.  Manning had to overcome a ton of Pats demons for that comeback win in the 2006 AFCCG

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Well, don’t get me wrong.  I’ll be pulling for the Steelers in that game - if it happens - as hard as the most committed Pitt fan.

It’s not without precedent.  Manning had to overcome a ton of Pats demons for that comeback win in the 2006 AFCCG

Agreed. I'm sure no team wants to play the Patriots*.