Sammy Watkins Wants to Stay with the Rams - Hits the Open Market

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sammy Watkins Wants to Stay with the Rams - Watkins or Joyner Will Receive Franchise Tag
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sammy Watkins Wants to Stay with the Rams - Joyner Receives Franchise Tag
3 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

Gurley is going to make a TON.

And he will need to get paid around the same time as Marcus Peters. And they've been spending draft picks like crazy... in a year or 2 they're going to be in very bad shape.

1 hour ago, HiddenInLight said:

Honestly I think Sammy is playing this the right way.  Not only does he say he'd like to stay with the Rams but he also said he'd be open to coming back to the Bills.  The guy wants to get paid, and isn't burning any bridges to do it.

He already did that with the Bills.

He'd be smart to sign in LA if they make him a competitive offer. 

McVay is a brilliant offense mind. If anyone can get Sammy producing the way he's capable of, it's McVay. And with a full offseason with Goff, I'm sure he'd start targeting Sammy more too. 

20 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

He'd be smart to sign in LA if they make him a competitive offer. 

McVay is a brilliant offense mind. If anyone can get Sammy producing the way he's capable of, it's McVay. And with a full offseason with Goff, I'm sure he'd start targeting Sammy more too. 

McVay was impressive in his first year.  But if he proved anything, looks like he's a system guy over force feeding an individual talent.  Goff basically said the same himself.  They like to spread it around and have a RB taking balls away, too.  LA might not be the best for him if he want a high volume of targets.