Only in Buffalo would this be considered a successful season

It was a stepping stone season.  The team made progress.  That's better than treading water or moving backwards.  I'm not satisfied with it as an end goal, but I can live with it as an intermediate step.

2 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Not imo. McD is young and inexperienced and as a HC makes some mistakes, but he's a good coach who gets his team to buy in. I also think this admin will do a good job of evaluating talent in the draft and in FA. We can expect to be better next year. 

I hope that is the case but might not be reality if a rookie qb is the starter next year. Just have to keep that in mind

2 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

No he actually does make fair points. A good part of this team isnt young. The offense could look vastly different than it did last year. We may have to take a step back now to really go forward

BBFS thinking alert. Screw that. onward and upward.

We now have a nucleaus.  Build around that with all the draft picks and cap space.

2 hours ago, TigerJ said:

It was a stepping stone season.  The team made progress.  That's better than treading water or moving backwards.  I'm not satisfied with it as an end goal, but I can live with it as an intermediate step.

I think the OP's point is that it has the appearance of a season in which we made progress, but is, in reality, nothing we haven't done a few times in recent years.

Whether that is true or not is a matter of debate, and each will reach their own conclusions.

In some ways we made big strides, in others we indeed treaded water, or regressed.

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I think the OP's point is that it has the appearance of a season in which we made progress, but is, in reality, nothing we haven't done a few times in recent years.

Whether that is true or not is a matter of debate, and each will reach their own conclusions.

In some ways we made big strides, in others we indeed treaded water, or regressed.

The Bills haven't made the playoffs in 17 years.  So no, it's not anything they've done a few times in recent years, in reality or otherwise.

Getting to the playoffs or even 9-7 without playoffs in a year where the hot take was the team was purposely tanking? I'd say it was a great year for a first year head coach. We're a QB away from winning that game today. Trending upwards for sure.

Just now, Luka said:

Getting to the playoffs or even 9-7 without playoffs in a year where the hot take was the team was purposely tanking? I'd say it was a great year for a first year head coach. We're a QB away from winning that game today. Trending upwards for sure.

And the best part is that there are some veteran options available to them. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I hope that is the case but might not be reality if a rookie qb is the starter next year. Just have to keep that in mind

Definitely not worried about a rookie starting. We won a game with a wide receiver playing QB and went 9-7 despite multiple terrible games from our 7 year vet. Almost any other QB would've had us at 10-6 and would've won that game today.

4 minutes ago, Luka said:

Definitely not worried about a rookie starting. We won a game with a wide receiver playing QB and went 9-7 despite multiple terrible games from our 7 year vet. Almost any other QB would've had us at 10-6 and would've won that game today.

EJ?

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

With plenty of choices in the draft. Maybe not the top two, but lots of good looking ones.

I'd say plenty of choices, but whether they're good remains to be seen.  I can see 4 going in the top-10.

@BuffaloBud420I looked over some of your previous posts and I cant help but picture you as an angry stoner. Some millennial who doesnt know how to handle his weed..... getting all annoyed or paranoid over little things.

So enjoy the good season and stop playing victim and looking at everyone's shortcomings but your own or you will end up panhandling outside of walmart until you are 80. Take a shower, get some sunlight and be amazed that the world isnt as dark as you think!

Edited by aceman_16

First year with new HC and GM. Played well enough with the chips falling our way (for once) and they finally ended the drought with much excitement provided by the Bengals and a must win in Miami. The last two weeks have been the most exciting us fans have seen in almost two decades, and if you couldn't enjoy it then you need to find a new team to root for. We have many needs but are developing a new core, and finding a new QB and a quality RB2, DT and WR should make for an even more exciting year two. Tyrod is terrible, Tolbert is Terrible and Zay Jones is terrible. Bills fans showed their true colors by donating to Dalton's charity and following the team from the freezing cold tarmac all the way to Jax. The team aren't the only ones that need to change the culture at OBD, we as the fans do too

4 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

9-7 Make the playoffs off a fluke play by a ginger QB. We still have no QB, an aging RB and offensive line. Cant get no pressure on QB from front 4. Only bright spot is secondary and head coach/GM. Just as far away as we have been since the 90's. 

Prior to this season, everything you said was already true PLUS we had an unproven 1st year coach (and GM) completely retooled secondary AND had given away Watkins, Darby, and Ragland to add future picks.   The nation felt we had already quit on this season and would be one of the worst teams in football.  I have some of the same concerns you do moving forward, but the results of this season show that players can outperform the perception of what our roster looks like on paper.

Now we have a 2nd year head coach with one winning season and playoff experience on his resume.  We have a strong secondary and an entire offseason to build familiarity with the system, not learn a new system.

What major losses will we undertake this offseason?  I just looked at the free agent list and Gaines is arguably the best of the bunch and I expect them to re-sign him.  There are others I think are OK, but none are irreplaceable.

This year wiped away the filth of the Ryan regime and the Bills should trend up.  I'm not going to say we'll be SB LIII champions, but we certainly can be better than we were this year.

Hey Bud....step away from the blunt...when one is high they don't always think clearly...I was proud of our accomplishments. Proud to see Kyle hug his kids. Proud of a young coach with a vision. Proud of the greatest fans on the face of the earth. None of that can be diminished by a fool.

This is the team that was tanking for draft position and would be lucky to win five games... at least that's what all of the "experts" said.

Instead, they claw their way to a winning record and break a drought that had become a black cloud hanging over a franchise, a fanbase, and a city.

That doesn't mean they don't need to get better and accomplish more, but they fought hard to prove all of their doubters wrong.

I'm damn proud to be a fan of this team.

FB_IMG_1515421490406.jpg

• Like (+1) 2