LeSean McCoy: Ankle injury 'wasn't as bad as I thought'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000902812/article/lesean-mccoy-ankle-injury-wasnt-as-bad-as-i-thought

The good news on LeSean McCoy's injured ankle?

"It wasn't as bad as I thought," the Buffalo Bills running back told reporters Thursday.

The bad news on the Bills' offensive star's ailment?

"But I got a lot more room for improvement, especially for where I want to be at," he said.

McCoy spoke to media at his locker sounding like a player legitimately torn on his status for the Bills' Sunday playoff game against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

He's out of his protective boot and walking around "without any pain" now. The issue, he said, is the dynamic way he carries the football.

"I know my body, I know myself," McCoy said. "Especially the way I play, it's more cutting than running. So, just trying to get better."

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

image.jpeg.80c02cc91d03f3dc7b9a372b3e14bbf4.jpeg

All i can think about the episode of Seinfeld where George gets a massage from a guy and then proclaims " It moved Jerry.... Thats it I'm gay"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

I hope he has 5 soft, warm beautiful women caressing his toes, feeding him grapes and taking care of his every need so he is ready to go Sunday

...thought Wrecks was the Toemaster?......handsome devil..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I think the bottom line is it is not a terrible injury, but there is no position where playing is going to be harder on your ankles, and no running back who depends more on the ability to make hard cuts,  which is the thing that's is going to be tough on the ankle.  If McCoy were an offensive lineman, he'd be starting Sunday, no question.  Being who he is, I don't think there was ever a thought at OBD that it would be anything but a true game time decision.  I wouldn't be shocked if Buffalo activates Aaron Green, just to have him available.  If Shady is active for the game, I don't think he's going to get anywhere near his usual # or carries.  Murphy is going to get most of the carries and Tolbert will get some too.  (hopefully not in 3rd and 10 plays with a sweep being called). 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think the bottom line is it is not a terrible injury, but there is no position where playing is going to be harder on your ankles, and no running back who depends more on the ability to make hard cuts,  which is the thing that's is going to be tough on the ankle.  If McCoy were an offensive lineman, he'd be starting Sunday, no question.  Being who he is, I don't think there was ever a thought at OBD that it would be anything but a true game time decision.  I wouldn't be shocked if Buffalo activates Aaron Green, just to have him available.  If Shady is active for the game, I don't think he's going to get anywhere near his usual # or carries.  Murphy is going to get most of the carries and Tolbert will get some too.  (hopefully not in 3rd and 10 plays with a sweep being called). 

Less may be more.  It might just force him to run down hill and not spin and get tackled for a loss

20 minutes ago, nucci said:

Probably. I just can't see how he recovers in time

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he will play either. I think they want the jags to prepare for him because all of the film this year is with him in the offense. Then they will come out with different plays for Murphy who is more of a North/south runner. 

As I posted in the "dumbass Don" thread

Wild horses and Stampeding Buffalo can't keep him away. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan