Unleash Tyrod ... Really

Gugny

17 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I hope his thing isn't sitting on the bench with a towel on his head again. If they hold him in the pocket to be a QB this game is over by halftime. Tyrod needs to step up big time for this game.

Go Bills

the bolded...after marcel takes him out.....then peterman comes out in the 2nd half and puts on a clinic. bills come from behind and win it.  off too foxboroB-)

Just now, reddogblitz said:

It's what he's been doing all year.

All year isn't the playoffs.  I totally get what you're saying, but taking the foot off the gas in the post season is dangerous.

10 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

As all you know my thoughts on TT. 

However Dennison go put him in the best shot to win out first playiff game in a long time. 

Move him, run him, play with tempo, and put him in shotgun

Holy Chit. I agree w a Bobby post. Is it a Cyclone Bomb or has hell frozen over ..

STEP 1. Zay needs to become a real second round pick - in this game.

STEP 2. Dennison unleashes a run option game and TT gashes them once or twice on that.

STEP 3. TT will surprise us all with his ability to pick apart a D that is actually worried about more than just Shady  and 1 or at most 2 receivers.

IMO this game is on Zay to break out and for Dennison to design and call non-Shady plays that aren't on film.

D will be fine.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:49 AM, bobobonators said:

Haha. I can insult my kid all day long but as long as I feed him Im entitled to do it. Im an awesome parent for it. Dont ever question my parenting. 

Unless they becomes a serial killer, then you went to far and that would make you a bad parent.  Seriously though you toughening your kid up is a little different than the constant complaining.  I only go to games when they are in Charlotte.  I can't go watch every game or I would.  Because someone has the time and money to go to the games doesn't make them a fan they just might feel important because they do so.  In that case the are a fan of themselves and because they B word about TT doesn't make them a non-fan of the Bills it just means they aren't a TT fan.  Personally I look back at what we have had at QB since Flutie and I'm glad we have TT.  I agree with the OP and others.  I think TT is dangerous for the opponent in the playoffs.

12 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

the bolded...after marcel takes him out.....then peterman comes out in the 2nd half and puts on a clinic. bills come from behind and win it.  off too foxboroB-)

Is this clinic on how to through INTs.

Just looking through four pages of this thread, it's pretty funny to see so many people agreeing on something TT-related.  Most of the people in this thread have been going toe-to-toe about Tyrod for years.  Funny stuff.

On 1/5/2018 at 9:21 AM, Mrbojanglezs said:

I agree 100%. I.am ready to move on from Tyrod but I hope Dennison swallows his pride an calls read options, bootlegs, misdirections, design QB runs etc.

isn't this what we see every time he senses pressure and leaves the pocket? how would we know if it is/has been by design?^_^

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

If they get a lead and they play not to lose, then McDermott shouldn't be a HC.

And I am a McDermott fan.

I too am a McDermott fan, and agree with this.  I hope he saw exactly what can happen, when you take you foot off the gas with a good sized lead, with the last Miami game.  Miami should have been done by the end of the third quarter.  Instead we let them back in it in the 4th quarter, which then became a nail biter.

Teams will come back and beats us if we do that during the post season.  McDermott should know this from his time with Carolina.

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I too am a McDermott fan, and agree with this.  I hope he saw exactly what can happen, when you take you foot off the gas with a good sized lead, with the last Miami game.  Miami should have been done by the end of the third quarter.  Instead we let them back in it in the 4th quarter, which then became a nail biter.

Teams will come back and beats us if we do that during the post season.  McDermott should know this from his time with Carolina.

It is all about execution, get your job done. If the players don't execute it doesn't matter what play you call.

15 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Do you honestly think this whole staff and Rex Ryans staff didn't think of passing the ball more? Unfortunately our QB will not take a chance of getting the ball picked off so he won't throw it to a guy who isn't wide open, we do that against the Jags and he'll get killed, best bet is to run it down their throats, many screen passes that Tennessee killed the Jags with in week 17, what does this team have against screen passes?

They don't run screens because they are terrible at them.

I doubt McD and Dennison are going to do anything different then they have done all year.  Sure they may throw in a couple wrinkle plays that they haven't used but the overall gameplan will likely be the same as it was all season.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They don't run screens because they are terrible at them.

I doubt McD and Dennison are going to do anything different then they have done all year.  Sure they may throw in a couple wrinkle plays that they haven't used but the overall gameplan will likely be the same as it was all season.

right, like....under center = run.....shotgun = pass

On 1/5/2018 at 10:16 AM, fridge said:

As far as these coaches are concerned, conservatism has paid off so far, and I don't expect anything different. I don't think we need to win a shootout to take this game, and I think the coaches will view ball security as a premium. 

I think we should absolutely run Tyrod wild though.  We have nothing to lose.  Just roll him out with a couple levels every single play.  It's almost impossible to defend, and I think it would tire out their linebackers.

Take a good lead in the 1st half and play defense in the 2nd half forcing Bortles to throw.  We will eke out a win

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Just looking through four pages of this thread, it's pretty funny to see so many people agreeing on something TT-related.  Most of the people in this thread have been going toe-to-toe about Tyrod for years.  Funny stuff.

Its what PLAYOFFS will do to a person.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/4/2018 at 11:49 PM, twoandfourteen said:

I couldn't possibly agree more. 

My very vocal criticism of Taylor is based on the fact that his style of play and an offensive system built around his skill set just isn't set up for consistent success over the course of a full NFL season. 

However, all of that goes out the window in the playoffs. Taylor could conceivably be the X-factor for a change and really control the game. I hope he does, it would be exciting to see. 

Exactly. If we get quality play by Tyrod , we have a legit chance versus anybody and he has the playmaking ability, just lacks consistentcy.  One game at a time. One of our biggest advantages in this game is the QB position.

• Haha (+1) 1