Will Shadys ego outstrip his talent

Foreigner

Strange post..

How is this about ego in any negative sense of the word? Seems the OP is confused about the concept of a big ego (as implied negatively by the OP)  and about the type of player McCoy is.

He loves playing, was devastated when he thought he would may not play anymore this past week after  he was injured.

The Bills are his team now.  He wants this as much as anyone.  Ego is a good thing, it is what propels us, but this is not a 'big ego' thing for McCoy, but about wanting to be part of this, of his team, as they head to the playoffs for a huge game. If they gave him a lobotomy then he may not care.

Yup, he knows he is a vital component of this team and their success. Knowing that does not make him egotistical, as it is factual.  (To not understand that would make him ignorant.)

Ridiculous take, in my view.

55 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

We all know LeSean's talent, one of the premier RB's in the NFL What we don't know is his ego.

Odell Beckham Jr injured his ankle in the pre season against the Browns. Was off a few weeks, came back for a

few weeks and then was lost for the season as he broke the same ankle he injured a few weeks earlier. 

Coincidence? Who knows. Shady injured his ankle Sunday in Miami. So far he has not practiced. Will he play

Sunday in Jacksonville? Nobody knows, but if they do know, no one is saying. Obviously Shady wants to play,

and the Bills will probably be better if he does. This a decision the coaching staff, the trainers, and medical

people should make, and it is a decision they have to say yes to, only if he is 100%. This is not a decision that Shady

should make. Against Miami Sunday, a healthy McCoy in 11 carries gained 10 yards. That's right 10 yards.

It really wasn't on him though, but on a O Line so bad that it would have been hard for anyone to do good. 

A O Line that needs to be fixed in the off season, no matter what any statistics show. How bad are they, and

disagree if you want, but do you know who has the most negative yards from scrimmage in the NFL this

year. If you said Shady you win. He has had some good games this year against poor DL But other teams

have stacked the box and want the passing game  to beat them. Anyway if he is 100%, let him play, if not he

needs to sit. Win this week and the Pats are waiting in Foxboro. He needs to be healthy next week.

Umm no. He needs to play. Foxboro be damned not getting there without beating Jax. That isn’t happening without Shady to be honest

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Umm no. He needs to play. Foxboro be damned not getting there without beating Jax. That isn’t happening without Shady to be honest

Why because the Jets ran over 250 yards on them and won with Bilal Powell and Elijah McGuire carrying the rock?

So without Shady it's not happening huh?    We'll see.   

Just now, Da webster guy said:

Why because the Jets ran over 250 yards on them and won with Bilal Powell and Elijah McGuire carrying the rock?

So without Shady it's not happening huh?    We'll see.   

Such a lazy take. How many of the Buffalo Bills offensive production has been tied to Shady this year?

now tell me how this team wins against a top end defense without that production 

dont even get me started on the best defense in the NFL limiting drives against one of the worst 3 and out offenses

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

We all know LeSean's talent, one of the premier RB's in the NFL What we don't know is his ego.

Odell Beckham Jr injured his ankle in the pre season against the Browns. Was off a few weeks, came back for a

few weeks and then was lost for the season as he broke the same ankle he injured a few weeks earlier. 

Coincidence? Who knows. Shady injured his ankle Sunday in Miami. So far he has not practiced. Will he play

Sunday in Jacksonville? Nobody knows, but if they do know, no one is saying. Obviously Shady wants to play,

and the Bills will probably be better if he does. This a decision the coaching staff, the trainers, and medical

people should make, and it is a decision they have to say yes to, only if he is 100%. This is not a decision that Shady

should make. Against Miami Sunday, a healthy McCoy in 11 carries gained 10 yards. That's right 10 yards.

It really wasn't on him though, but on a O Line so bad that it would have been hard for anyone to do good. 

A O Line that needs to be fixed in the off season, no matter what any statistics show. How bad are they, and

disagree if you want, but do you know who has the most negative yards from scrimmage in the NFL this

year. If you said Shady you win. He has had some good games this year against poor DL But other teams

have stacked the box and want the passing game  to beat them. Anyway if he is 100%, let him play, if not he

needs to sit. Win this week and the Pats are waiting in Foxboro. He needs to be healthy next week.

Really misleading title, Dude.  this isn't about Shady's talent, it's about his stage of injury recovery. 

Whether a player plays or not, is always up to the medical staff and coaches as well as the player.  Sometimes more the medical staff and coaches - Sanjay Lal and Watkins for example

Any professional athlete worthy of the name, will want to play if he possibly can, especially in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

It's hard to know if he can be effective - to say probably not is a bit early for me.

Heck, I'm almost to the point of rationalizing him being more effective than he was against Miami depending on how hobbled he is. If his straightaway speed isn't effected much but his cutting is, I can see him taking the yards that are there as more of a downhill runner. Against the fins it looked like part of the problem was him trying to turn everything into a big play and dancing in the backfield instead of hitting the hole for 4-6 yards. Wishful thinking, I know, but if I can't be wildly optimistic now, when can I be?

2 hours ago, H2o said:

He's gonna play if he can. It's not called being egotistical, it's called being a competitor. Beckham had his ankle rolled up by a defender hitting him from behind. It was a freak injury. If Shady is say 75-80% that's still a better option than Tolbert. 

Obviously

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

It's hard to know if he can be effective - to say probably not is a bit early for me.

2 hours ago, White Linen said:

Agreed.  Not many RBs can run in the snow.  Shady can.

Maybe Shady is healthy Sunday.  I doubt it.

But, some cortisone, tape and dirt...maybe Shady can run on 1 ankle?

Gi Bills!!