FiveThirtyEight: This Bills Team Worse Than Most Bills Teams this Century

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's right. The Bills go into Jacksonville with no pressure and the world doubting them. The Jags have the weight of expectations on their shoulders. 

Our secondary can really make an impact Sunday, just need the offense to put up some points.

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

hate using cliches, but we're all 0-0 now. We can beat Jax, let's enjoy the week and have some fun on sunday. I'm pumped.

Agree 100%.  After years of terrible luck, we caught some breaks. Now we get to play a playoff game against Blake Bortles.  That's pretty awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

Sports tend to even themselves out. I didn’t read the article but the Bills had a massive point differential last year going into week 17.  They also had Rex. This year they’ve managed to protect leads and win the games that they should. I’m not apologizing for the playoff berth.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Our secondary can really make an impact Sunday, just need the offense to put up some points.

I assume you've seen this offense in action this year? So looking at the bolded words above, and acknowledging that many people think that Jax has one of the best defenses in the league this year, do you see a problem here?

Look, like everyone else, I hope to heck the Bills use some smoke & mirrors and somehow pull off a Win, but the national "experts" are all on the same page for good reasons.

The numbers are skewed by 2 bad games, one of which we took a chance and started a rookie instead of our starting QB.

Between the Saints and Chargers we were -67 points. 

I'd add that the 2 Patriots games were a lot closer than the final scores would indicate. Of course, the Jets game was not nearly as close as the score indicated, so ...

In any case, the Jauron teams were good at consistently losing close games, and Fitz would always bring us back only to consistently turn the ball over at the end.

If you look at this team overall throughout the season, they're clearly better than all but 2 or 3 Bills teams this century.

Edited by Rob's House

The Bills don't have a ton of talent on offense or defense.  But they do play with grit and determination.  

If 538's computer picked the Bills to win 6 games, it only means their computer is wrong.  They didn't input the data that really matters.  They didn't write the right algorithms.  

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

That is the key matchup. They have as good of a secondary but Tyrod won't let them take the ball from us. 

5 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I assume you've seen this offense in action this year? So looking at the bolded words above, and acknowledging that many people think that Jax has one of the best defenses in the league this year, do you see a problem here?

Look, like everyone else, I hope to heck the Bills use some smoke & mirrors and somehow pull off a Win, but the national "experts" are all on the same page for good reasons.

You know that this doesn't effect the outcome , right?

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You know that this doesn't effect the outcome , right?

Yes, I long ago stopped watching pre-game shows and talking head "experts."  I think that many posters in here have just as much, and some even more, insight/knowledge about Bills football.  I was simply commenting on somebody else's post in this thread as to why the national media think the way they do about this game. It might be called "an educated guess"; sort of like what the bookmakers in Vegas do.

But you're right, the most important thing that affects the outcome of a game is the performances on the field of the players (and to a lesser extent, as we all know, the officials). That's why they play the game. HELLO! You play to win the game!

Who gives a **** if we were outscored on the season? Things are determined via your record. Losing 100-0 or 3-0, it's still a loss. We had two games that reall stood out as being awful (Saints and Chargers) and we played a bunch of close games.

I really hate all these new stats and formulas that people are making up to manipulate perception. Saying this is the worst team out of teams that went 3-13, 4-12 etc. etc. is just non sense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Yes, I long ago stopped watching pre-game shows and talking head "experts."  I think that many posters in here have just as much, and some even more, insight/knowledge about Bills football.  I was simply commenting on somebody else's post in this thread as to why the national media think the way they do about this game. It might be called "an educated guess"; sort of like what the bookmakers in Vegas do.

But you're right, the most important thing that affects the outcome of a game is the performances on the field of the players (and to a lesser extent, as we all know, the officials). That's why they play the game. HELLO! You play to win the game!

yeah, i caught my grammar mistake,  just didn't bother to fix it.

1 minute ago, Luka said:

Who gives a **** if we were outscored on the season? Things are determined via your record. Losing 100-0 or 3-0, it's still a loss. We had two games that reall stood out as being awful (Saints and Chargers) and we played a bunch of close games.

I really hate all these new stats and formulas that people are making up to manipulate perception. Saying this is the worst team out of teams that went 3-13, 4-12 etc. etc. is just non sense.

it's just statistics based on past performances put into a computer program, nothing to get excited about.

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

yeah, i caught my grammar mistake,  just didn't bother to fix it.

it's just statistics based on past performances put into a computer program, nothing to get excited about.

It's not based on anything. Even the most casual fan could tell you there were plenty of awful teams during the drought. Much worse than this one.