FiveThirtyEight: This Bills Team Worse Than Most Bills Teams this Century

Funny, the computer says we should have won the 6 or 7 games most predicted, including me at 6 games.

A perfect storm of factors came together this year to get us in that has not happened in recent years, despite having an arguably better team in those years.

I get that people don't care and we are just happy to have the monkey off our back...

But we still have a way's to go.  For a first year effort from a new GM and coaching staff, you'd have to say things are going well.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Funny, the computer says we should have won the 6 or 7 games most predicted, including me at 6 games.

A perfect storm of factors came together this year to get us in that has not happened in recent years, despite having an arguably better team in those years.

I get that people don't care and we are just happy to have the monkey off our back...

But we still have a way's to go.  For a first year effort from a new GM and coaching staff, you'd have to say things are going well.

absolutely.  i don't think this roster is anywhere near where the staff wants it to be.  it will certainly be closer next year, but i still don't think it will be the final product.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Umm, no. How was the coaching for the Jets game, AFTER 10 DAYS TO GET READY? And then the next two after that!?

For the most part. Coaching has been better against most teams. They don't get out of position much. They don't get surprised much. They don't look lost like in years past. The team had talent for 5 season, but coaching was predictable or awful. This year it has been better. I didn't say McDermott is great. I still think he's too defensive at times. But to say this team isn't coached better is not paying attention. Also they have match problems against teams with big defensive lines. Probably will have same problem with the Jags. They will probably fight to see who gets to lineup over RG.

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

you know it's mainly Bills fans on this site that are saying negative things about the team. I don't hear any of that from the national media.  All my friends from around the country are thrilled for us and are pulling for the Bills to win. I have great friends.

The national media is calling us a Joke. From Bill Simmons to Colin cowherd they are giving us no chance

there are WNY transplants all over the country who love the Bills like shooter mcgavin(yes I know it's not his real name lol)

but it's definitely the minority... nobody in the national media thinks we are gonna win

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

The national media is calling us a Joke. From Bill Simmons to Colin cowherd they are giving us no chance

there are WNY transplants all over the country who love the Bills like shooter mcgavin(yes I know it's not his real name lol)

but it's definitely the minority... nobody in the national media thinks we are gonna win

we're an obvious underdog

We won a 4 way tie at 9-7 beating mostly horrible teams.  If we weren't Bills fans, this was a pretty boring, nothing special team.

But the Bills finally caught a break and they get to play a meaningful game for the first time in 18 years.  And anything can happen.  But this was not a good football team. But they don't beat themselves and in a league loaded with crap teams, that can be enough. 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If we weren't Bills fans, we won't expect them to win either.

that said, a lot of people think the Jags aren't special and have one of the worst Qbs in the NFL starting for them.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

We won a 4 way tie at 9-7 beating mostly horrible teams.  If we weren't Bills fans, this was a pretty boring, nothing special team.

But the Bills finally caught a break and they get to play a meaningful game for the first time in 18 years.  And anything can happen.  But this was not a good football team. But they don't beat themselves and in a league loaded with crap teams, that can be enough. 

hate using cliches, but we're all 0-0 now. We can beat Jax, let's enjoy the week and have some fun on sunday. I'm pumped.

41 minutes ago, boater said:

538 also predicted HRC for President.

You people really have a hard time with a % prediction, don't you? A 78% chance that it will rain does not mean the predictor was wrong when it doesn't rain. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Keep doubting them.

everybody is saying they are a bad team. Overrated . That they don't deserve to be in the playoffs 

watch them come out like a bat outta hell and hit Jacksonville right in the mouth 

Buster Douglas beat the **** outta Tyson 

the bills win this week I'm confident 

Well said sir. I concur vehemently with said statement...

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Don't care.

This makes up for having better teams in the past that couldn't get over the hump.  

Agreed. And I think this bunch is scrappy and is really going to embrace the underdog role as they did in the regular season. 

Just now, Domdab99 said:

come on - we all know this team is not that good...it's a fun ride, though. Maybe they can get a streak going, who knows? 

That's right. The Bills go into Jacksonville with no pressure and the world doubting them. The Jags have the weight of expectations on their shoulders.