25 Years ago today.. "The Comeback"

Gary M

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Since the game was blacked out locally, I went to my sister's in Syracuse to watch the game.  I'll never forget it.  My favorite play was the 4th and 3 TD to Andre over the middle.  My brother-in-law and I both thought it was the ballsiest call Marvcus ever made.  Huevos.

Especially so, if it DIDN’T work, I don’t think we win.

Had just got off active duty in the USAF. Last duty station was at Yokota AB in Japan. We had just arrived back in country, and THAT weekend, we were moving into a small apartment in Las Vegas, NV. We had not received our household goods yet, so the apt. was very sparse, but I somehow had a small 12" color tv. I blew off church to stay back at the apt to watch the game, as my wife and two young girls went to the services. I could not believe what I saw! LMAO

27 minutes ago, BuffaloWings said:

This was back in the day when I recorded every Bills playoff game on my VCR. I stopped recording at halftime, but my sister convinced me to keep recording...just in case.

I used to do the same.  Except for this one I also stopped at the half and didn't start it up again.  Someplace I have VHS tapes with every Superbowl area playoff game, and one with nfl primetime and any other highlite of that game I could find

There was a bar inside the fitness club (or next to it) on Elmwood where Home Depot now stands. They had the game on (even though it was blacked out locally). We got wind of it (it was on the "QT" because the Bills were not happy with people showing blacked out games locally). I went with my ex-husband and my sister's BF at the time. The place was packed (so much for quiet), but we arrived early enough that I snagged us a booth. They both wanted to leave at the half, but I refused. I told them to go home because I was watching to the bitter end. Well, they didn't want to leave me in a packed bar by myself, so we all stayed.

Needless to say, they were happy I insisted we remain.

My ex-BIL and his brother were at the game. They were two of the people trying to get back in after leaving early.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal