Bowl season is about over,who do ya like for the Bills.

mob16151

12 hours ago, mob16151 said:

So bowl season is about over. Who do you like for the Bills in the first? Assuming no trades,I wouldn't be upset to see Buffalo come away with Lamar Jackson,and Sam Hubbard in the first.

Trade and Rosen. I am not assuming no trades because a trade to fet Rosen is the right thing to do

Idk what the Bills will do but I'd be a little surprised if they opted for Mayfield, assuming they would have a shot to get him, which frankly I expect they will without moving up. Beane and McCoach are from Carolina. Look at the Carolina QBs. They are all enormous (not just Cam). They are pretty much traditional pocket passers and even if Cam is occasionally used as a weapon in the run game they spent a lot of time coaching him up to execute from the pocket, so that's pretty much their philosophy. I just have a hard time seeing them picking a 5'10" surf, no matter how "electric" his play is. Sorry Barb.

I think we go DE and QB. It's way too early to tell who might be there, but I'm guessing something like Sam Hubbard and Josh Allen. I think we could go OL/DL or CB with one pick. I think the other pick is reserved for a QB. I think a trade up with the Giants is possible, but it is going to take a lot. 

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

100% agree. 

We need to build both lines. 

The Oline is average and Incognito is already 35. We need at least 1 more OL, preferrably 2. 

The Dline isnt disruptive enough. We need 1 edge passer and 1 DT to take over for KW. 

Thats at least 3 starting players total. With all the picks we have it can be done. Also FA, though i expect McBeane to use FA to fill in depth/role players not obtain studs. 

I honestly think we sign a guy like guard Andrew Norwell and I think we will be in on Star Lotulelei. I think we draft a DE. 

• Like (+1) 1

Man I like a lot.

I'm a trench guy so I'll start there.

Defensive Linemen

Vita Vae

Christian WIlkins

Da' Ron Payne

Bradley Chubb - BEAST edge rusher

Arden Key

Offensive Tackles and Guards

Mike McGlinchey

Conner Williams

Tyrell Crosby

Chukwuma Okorafor

Quenton Nelson

Braden Smith

Maea Teuhema

Linebackers

Roquan Smith is my #1 Guy here.  Turned it on in the 2nd half last night and showed why he is the Butkas winner.  This guy will be special.  He has great coverage skills, speed.  He reminded me of a blend of Luke Keuckley and Thomas Davis.

Leighton Vader Esch is a sleeper.  He's a big body linebacker that has everything.  I like his game.

Rashan Evans - He was steady for Bama this year and got thrown into a situation where all of the backers went down.  They lost 5 backers but he was steady.  Played great vs Clemson.  Also has some pass rush ability.

HB

Nicholas Chubb

Sequon Barkley

Bryce Love - I worry about durability but he's very explosive.

Sony Michel - Man,, this guy.  The explosiveness is ridiculous.  Has a gear that once turned on and there's space defenders can forget about it.  Versatile HB that can do it all.

DB

Lots of guys here but I'm going to list one that I think is going to be special.

Minkah Fitzpatrick - BAMA.  He can play CB or Safety.  You see a lot of guys when you watch Bama.  But this guy stands out on an all star defense and did so even last year.

QB

Going back through some games this week.

I'm going to assume we are out of the Darnald/Rosen sweepstakes.

Allen - definitely has the prototypical size you want in a QB.  Measurables reminds me of Drew Bledsoe but he has some athleticism that Bledsoe could only dream of having.  My biggest concern with him in combination with the Bills is what type of passing game will we have?  If Dennison is still here, I don't see him as a good fit mainly because I don't see him as a fast processor.  I watched his game vs Iowa, Central Michigan, and New Mexico and what I saw was a QB in an offense where he's only required to read 1 side of the field and either throw it to the open guy or take off.  I didn't see him, for instance, do what Mayfield did on ONE play last night, namely get the defense to follow his eyes left to move them out of the passing lanes then turn back right and find his TE open.  I don't see that with Allen.  I'm going to watch some more games of his but with him I just see a guy with great measurables and an arm that can get the football down the field.   In a Dennison style system, I worry about that kind of arm.  How many strong-arm QB's like that do you know who are very accurate in the short game?

Mayfield - Like his grit, toughness, and leadership.  Guys seem to love him as a teammate.  Does some things really well.  See Allen take above.  Can sling it.  Has won games.  My list of concerns though showed up vs UGA.  In the first half when UGA was trying to figure them out the Dawgs used quite a bit of zone coverage so there were windows for him to throw the football.  But in the 2nd half when they started playing man to man, Mayfield held the football and it got him planted in the dirt several times.  He did have one great pass with an amazing catch by the Fresh WR down the sideline in 1v1 coverage.  But for most of the 2nd half, he held on to the football too long because of the tight man to man coverage.  When you are thinking about Dennison and that combination I don't see it.  You gotta get rid of the football.  I think the thing that really caused me to take a closer look was Mayfield's response to the adjustments that UGA made.  Once UGA made their halftime adjustments, Mayfield was shook.  In comparison, I thought Roquan Smith was lost in the first half, and Mayfield was on fire.  But it was the exact opposite in the 2nd half.  Mayfield did a lot of things well.  He really did and I say this as not a real fan of his but he won me on some things.  When they scored to tie the game and I saw him go and encourage his defense to make a play, he won me on that.  To me that said hey, I know you guys think you haven't been playing well, but I believe in you guys.  Let's go get it done.  I have to like that.  He's going in the 1st round, no doubt about it.

Rudolph - I'm going to watch closer this week.

Falk - I've spoken about him in another thread.  I'm a fan.

TE 

Mark Andrews Oklahoma - really liked him all season and he just kept going great things in the Rose Bowl last night.

Dalton Schultz

WR

Haven't watched too many just yet.  Will do so after QB's.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:18 PM, Bakin said:

I take 

OG/C Billy Price & ILB Roquan Smith in the First

QB Mason Rudolph and DT Tavon Bryan in the Second

Finally some love for Billy Price.
I would also llke to see the Bills add Royce Freeman in the later rounds.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Finally some love for Billy Price.
I would also llke to see the Bills add Royce Freeman in the later rounds.

I think we need to look seriously at Woodsys replacement. Wonder how many years he’s got left in him. 

12 hours ago, Bakin said:

I think we need to look seriously at Woodsys replacement. Wonder how many years he’s got left in him. 

Wood signed an extension through he 2019 season.

Price could play guard next to him and learn for a year or two. Then Groy or Price at center down the road.

On 1/2/2018 at 11:47 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Baker MMayfield and Quenton Nelson.

He'll be long gone but man, I'd kill to have this guy on the Bills.  He's big, mean and very good.

And for those in the 'wasting a pick on a guard' camp, ask Leveon Bell how that DeCastro pick worked out for Pittsburgh.

we gotta draft a QB in the first: Allen, Jackson, Mayfield. I don’t think there will be a draft flush with this much talent for awhile and so this is a great year to get a talent that would normally go earlier in other drafts late in the first.

After that I want 3 DT, DaRon Payne with our second first and Justin Jones and BJ Hill in rounds 3 and 4.

Then, I really want Isaiah Wynn in the second to push Vlad to the bench. And Brian O’Neil OT from Pitt to start grooming to play across from Dawkins if we happen to move on from Glenn.

I’d also like Jake Cichy and Josey Jewel later in the draft to add to our LBs. 

8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

He'll be long gone but man, I'd kill to have this guy on the Bills.  He's big, mean and very good.

And for those in the 'wasting a pick on a guard' camp, ask Leveon Bell how that DeCastro pick worked out for Pittsburgh.

Well Drafttek has him 34 overall and Mayfield at 91 :lol: so shouldn't be a problem lol.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.