Start Peterman vs. Jags?

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

2000 all over again?

Since Tyrod is being waived/cut as so many say/want, shouldn't we prepare for the future with Peterman (our saviour)?

This year went up in smoke as our draft position was pooched and that 4-12 season was screwed with Taylor at QB....

What now?

Lol, TT does keep no of remind me of Flutie! 

Doing that would be as intelligent an approach to developing Peterman as our QB of the future as throwing him in to start in midseason this year.  McDermott gets credit for a great first year as an HC, but starting Peterman this season remains a world class clunker of a decision because it was simply a stupid call for how you develop a promising QB.

Self confidence is a critical element for a successful NFL player and having a 5th round talent start as a rookie for your team may well prove to be fatal for developing Peterman.  Starting him in a playoff game as a voluntary act likely would be s well.  Perhaps if we bench Benjamin and start Brandon Reilly as well!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’m going with sarcasm.   

But it its ok to see who the faithful CoTers are.  

Here is my LAMP 

90% had been ready to move on and now they cling on.   

cling on? are you saying you would rather see peterman start against the jags?

I have been pretty critical of taylor but even I would not consider peterman starting against the jags.

had the season ended yesterday, that 90% would still be talking about taylors future, ready to let him go. I would be and feel reaching the post season hasn't changed that line of thought. I'm sure if they lose to the jags that some will go the whole off season claiming had they started peterman it would of been a different result. I disagree

his post was a LAMP, without a doubt but at this point, heading in to the first playoff game in you know how long, it's not time to worry about taylors future. that will come to conclusion in the off season where I could still see them moving on from him. then again, I make no decisions and have yet to see any fans opinions have any implications in the process so I'll allow those in charge to make the final decision(s).

nate peterman proved one thing is his two starts. he is not ready. so to even think about putting him in a playoff game on the road is a ridiculous thought, or in the case of this thread, nothing more then a LAMP.

15 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

cling on? are you saying you would rather see peterman start against the jags?

That’s not actually what I said or meant.  

They were all but ready to move on and because the Ravens choked (like we did vs Cincinnati) TT is a hero.   

TT is who he is.  Typical Tentative Taylor.   

I’m happy, but I won’t be blinded.  

Lets see how far we go.  

I had said that TT needs to prove to me he is that guy.  I’m still not over the hump.  

I was was almost there @ 5-2 then we had the 3 game crap fest.  

Fool me once bud.   

Happy New year ? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
Correcting autocorrect correct
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Please take a look at my posts from November when I outlined the Bills making the playoffs and their first round opponent would be Jax.....

I then also went apoplectic when Dennison played for a tie vs. Indy.   8-7-1 would not have gotten the Bills in the playoffs.

Again a second half where they did their best to give up a 19 point lead against a QB no one ever heard of and tentative play calling on both sides of the ball.

Been quite the year.

Edited by Billsfan1972

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’m going with sarcasm.   

But it its ok to see who the faithful CoTers are.  

Here is my LAMP 

90% had been ready to move on and now they cling on.   

Still ready to move on here. But also still realize he’s not nearly the train wreck that you and handful of other guys make him out to be. Not even close. 

Do you honestly see yourself right now in these threads still clinging to bashing the qb and giving credit everywhere else. On this site trying so desperately so still be right about the qb. No shame. Bottom line is he’s just not as bad as you are so enthusiastically trying to prove. 

Do do we need better than Taylor? Yes we do. Do people calling for peterman the whole 2nd half of the season look silly? Yes they do. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Still ready to move on here. But also still realize he’s not nearly the train wreck that you and handful of other guys make him out to be. Not even close. 

This is false. Aka an Alternative truth.  

I did not, nor have I ever said TT was a train wreck. 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is false. Aka an Alternative truth.  

I did not, nor have I ever said TT was a train wreck. 

Fair enough. Sorry. Words into your mouth. Picks nits out of my post all you like. it doesn’t change the message. Which is accurate. 

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Do you honestly see yourself right now in these threads still clinging to bashing the qb and giving credit everywhere else. On this site trying so desperately so still be right about the qb. No shame. Bottom line is he’s just not as bad as you are so enthusiastically trying to prove. 

Do do we need better than Taylor? Yes we do. Do people calling for peterman the whole 2nd half of the season look silly? Yes they do. 

No there were many here upset that Taylor plays and cost us draft position.

Heck 9-7 and no playoffs and there'd be many threads complaining that the Bill screwed up.

The NBA now has teams playing too well and management unhappy ( Chicago being the prime example).

4 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

I would play Petermen on some trick plays and line up Tyrod as a WR and mess with the Jags heads.

lol i was just thinking the same thing! the reason i banged the drum for nate was/is because he's quick and his ball placement 99% of the time is beautiful. i have been and still am very intrigued to see more.....but tt deserves to play. i definitely will not take that away from him.

Edited by billsredneck1

10 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

2000 all over again?

Since Tyrod is being waived/cut as so many say/want, shouldn't we prepare for the future with Peterman (our saviour)?

This year went up in smoke as our draft position was pooched and that 4-12 season was screwed with Taylor at QB....

What now?

They will be starting Joe Webb. He has started a playoff game before. The Spider Webb package is now fully pregnant. So sayeth the Don of Dunkirk.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Fair enough. Sorry. Words into your mouth. Picks nits out of my post all you like. it doesn’t change the message. Which is accurate. 

Did you answer my questions?

how many times did you yell 

throw the damn ball 

what did you yell when TT fumbled the ball and possibly the game 

As for nit picking 

I spoke to what I thought was pertinent