Tyrod Taylor: Playoff QB

/dev/null

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Idk what you’re watching but Trubisky is oooozing promise and upside. 

Bills aren’t a playoff team in the nfc.   First weekend has Rams, Panthers, Saints, and Falcons playing.  

to be continued next year.    Go bills.  

Have any Aaron Rogers vs Vikings clips to show ? 

why didn’t you link this video ?

I'll say this. People don't give up their binkies easy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Finkle Is Einhorn said:

Yea I understand... different but similar in some ways. Moral of the story we can't make an emotional decision in regards to Tyrod.  

I agree, but most teams that make the playoffs(and advance??) usually don't actively try to replace their QB.  Need to be careful about this.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Bortles has been the same as Tyrod statistically.  No where near far and away better.

237 overall yards per game 1.5 overall TDs per game 0.6 overall turnovers per game

265 overall yards per game 1.6 overall TDs per game 1.23 overall turnovers per game

Which one is "far and away better?"

Two quick questions -- Did you include Bortles' rookie year stats in those numbers? Are your TT numbers just from his 3 years as a starter? 

Just now, twoandfourteen said:

Two quick questions -- Did you include Bortles' rookie year stats in those numbers? Are your TT numbers just from his 3 years as a starter? 

yes and yes.  I don't feel Tyrods previous mop up duty stats are relevant.  Bortles actually started his rookie season to me its relevant.  

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

OMG, of course! RLB>Maury Ballstein>TeddyKGB! He's regenerating like a time lord!

Idk what a time lord or a ballstein means but Myles Garrett and Bears fans don’t ride with ya. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap3000000899447/Sound-FX-Trubisky-turns-down-hot-chocolate-on-sidelines-during-Bears-win?akmobile=ios&akcarrier=other

tried pm ya.     Doesn’t seem to work.   Please make that trade call though 

Edited by Teddy KGB

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Bro, it’s not 2007 anymore. Eli hasn’t been good the last few years. He’s become an average starter. You so badly want to hate on Tyrod and you sound like a fool today. I’m not sure why it bothers you that he’s an okay starter? I’m guessing that you spent the entire season complaining about him and hoping for Peterman. Now you are grasping at straws so that you can be “less wrong.” He’s okay and you can either accept that or continue to be wrong. I don’t care either way.

5a4a66180c61f_ScreenShot2018-01-01at11_46_10AM.thumb.png.1534ad17a4f64ab3947ddf2e79ccd0a4.png

Yeah... 4000+ passing yards, 25-35 TDs. 

Simply awful. 

Even this season for Manning was way better than Taylor -- and it is universally agreed upon that this was one of Eli's worst ever. 

What bothers me is people running around proclaiming that Tyrod Taylor is an "okay" starter when he's really not. I'm tired of watching Bills QBs run the offense into the ground every week and struggle to put up 185 yards passing and 17 points. The truth is that Eli is an "okay" starter now. Taylor isn't on that level. 

Just now, twoandfourteen said:

5a4a66180c61f_ScreenShot2018-01-01at11_46_10AM.thumb.png.1534ad17a4f64ab3947ddf2e79ccd0a4.png

Simply awful. 

Even this season for Manning was way better than Taylor -- and it is universally agreed upon that this was one of Eli's worst ever. 

What bothers me is people running around proclaiming that Tyrod Taylor is an "okay" starter when he's really not. I'm tired of watching Bills QBs run the offense into the ground every week and struggle to put up 185 yards passing and 17 points. The truth is that Eli is an "okay" starter now. Taylor isn't on that level. 

Tyrod is an okay starter and you are going to have to deal with it. Whether you are tired of it or not makes no difference. 

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

yes and yes.  I don't feel Tyrods previous mop up duty stats are relevant.  Bortles actually started his rookie season to me its relevant.  

Of course you did. Because those two data sets reflect two different things -- you are factoring Bortles' struggles learning on the job into his overall production, while giving Taylor an artificial 'bump' by only using his stats after 4 years in the league. 

So, while you are trying to say that those numbers reflect similar players... in reality, they are further apart than you claim they are. 

6 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Simply awful. 

Preach.    9-7 overrides all the facts though 

Didn’t apply to Orton and Marrone but does apply to Taylor ??????

1 hour ago, racketmaster said:

I believe most Bills fans opinions of Tyrod are a little skewed. The national media tends to look a Taylor as a decent qb where as in Buffalo most have been looking to replace him since his first year.  Because we are in the same division as Tom Brady, our vision of what a qb needs to be is skewed from most other teams. We look at Brady and see him so often. And we are looking for a qb that can compete with Brady so we can beat our nemesis. In reality, the standard of quarterbacking is impossible for Tyrod to reach. He plays next to the greatest qb in NFL history and he is overmatched as most every other qb would be. If Matt Ryan were in New England instead of Brady I think we might look at Tyrod differently. Tyrod would be a more acceptable level of quarterback because he would still give the Bills a chance to win their division. But being outclassed by Brady every time they play makes Tyrod look worse than he really is. 

This is exactly it.  Combine this with the traditional impatience that Buffalo fans have with quarterbacks and the views on Tyrod are inevitable.    Don't forget when Kelly was in his prime, that there was a significant camp of fans that thought Kelly should be benched for Reich.  Imagine what the boards would have looked like if the internet existed back then?

Elite QB's are hard to come by.  

If Buffalo has Dalton, Mariotta, Winston, Tannehill, Bortles, Eli Manning, Flacco, Alex Smith or Stafford, I am convinced that he is being anointed as a worse starting option than any rookie or mediocre veteran that comes up in conversations in the same way that Taylor currently is.   This does not mean that I think Taylor is elite, just that quarterbacks in Buffalo are put under a larger microscope than most other places. 

4 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Of course you did. Because those two data sets reflect two different things -- you are factoring Bortles' struggles learning on the job into his overall production, while giving Taylor an artificial 'bump' by only using his stats after 4 years in the league. 

So, while you are trying to say that those numbers reflect similar players... in reality, they are further apart than you claim they are. 

Do you remove rookie seasons when you look up career stats for any QB?  No, I bet you don't.  No one does unless they are looking to skew stats.  As for Tyrods previous stats it's disingenuous to include mop up duty stats when you are breaking down stats on a per game basis.  Do you know how much it skews stats to use 5 pass attempts and call it a full game?  You may not like my answer but it is the correct answer. 

If you want to add worthless play time to Tyrod and remove real playtime from a QB to skew crap in your favor and be disingenuous be my guest.  It still isn't worlds different btw except in yards.  Tds per game is still not even half a TD a game difference and Bortles turnovers are still double Tyrods.  

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Do you remove rookie seasons when you look up career stats for any QB?  No, I bet you don't.  No one does unless they are looking to skew stats.  As for Tyrods previous stats it's disingenuous to include mop up duty stats when you are breaking down stats on a per game basis.  Do you know how much it skews stats to use 5 pass attempts and call it a full game?  You may not like my answer but it is the correct answer. 

If you want to add worthless play time to Tyrod and remove real playtime from a QB to skew crap in your favor and be disingenuous be my guest.  It still isn't worlds different btw except in yards.  Tds per game is still not even half a TD a game difference and Bortles turnovers are still double Tyrods.  

I was simply pointing out that your particular argument had a major flaw. 

I will say this -- while Bortles is a far more capable passer with better handle on the modern NFL offense, he is also more likely to blow up at a crucial moment and cost you a game.  

Taylor won't put up big passing numbers and won't commit turnovers. So as long as your offensive gameplan is built on the defense scoring a TD and a strong running attack, you should be in good shape to grind out a 16-10 win. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Idk what a time lord or a ballstein means but Myles Garrett and Bears fans don’t ride with ya. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap3000000899447/Sound-FX-Trubisky-turns-down-hot-chocolate-on-sidelines-during-Bears-win?akmobile=ios&akcarrier=other

tried pm ya.     Doesn’t seem to work.   Please make that trade call though 

Probably because you are still on my ignore list Ryan...err, Maury...er, Teddy.

FYI:  http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Regeneration

Edited by PromoTheRobot