Bizarre chiefs fact

billsintaiwan

That's mind blowing. Especially considering the Bills have drafted such greats as Collins, Losman, Edwards and Manuel who have won them games since Kelly. 

Some teams just struggle drafting certain positions. The Ravens have never been able to draft a good WR under Ozzie.

Edited by EersN'Bills

16 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Must be similar for GB, right?

Pretty close.  Starting Seneca Wallace for a game in '13 (and starting Scott Tolzien the next 2 weeks) ended a streak that began in '92.  Before that it was all Majkowski, Favre, Rodgers, & Flynn.

Edited by Buffalo86

4 hours ago, dlonce said:

Those were the days.

Regressing, that Rob Johnson switch,by Ralph Wilson,(partially based on that meaningless last game win) may have cost us a Super Bowl.

Flutie was, by far, a better QB, and I believe there never would have been a Music City Miracle.

Picking that clown up with a number one was arguably one of the largest mistakes this franchise has ever made.

I did agree with everything stated here except Ralph’s influence on the decision. EVERY THING.

5 hours ago, dlonce said:

Those were the days.

Regressing, that Rob Johnson switch,by Ralph Wilson,(partially based on that meaningless last game win) may have cost us a Super Bowl.

Flutie was, by far, a better QB, and I believe there never would have been a Music City Miracle.

Picking that clown up with a number one was arguably one of the largest mistakes this franchise has ever made.

Flutie sucked in every playoff game he played.

Johnson played great and if not for that miracle....

And now you want to give Flutie a Super Bowl?  I would have settled for one playoff game where he didn’t suck out here and lose.

8 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

The Chiefs are starting Patrick Mahomes on Sunday, having already clinched their playoff spot. If he leads them to victory, he’ll be the first quarterback drafted by the Chiefs to win a game since Todd Blackledge

That is crazy! Blackledge last won a game for the Chiefs early in the 1987 season...its been more than 30 years!!

3 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Pretty close.  Starting Seneca Wallace for a game in '13 (and starting Scott Tolzien the next 2 weeks) ended a streak that began in '92.  Before that it was all Majkowski, Favre, Rodgers, & Flynn.

Farve was drafted by Atl.  It would only be the games Rodgers started.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Flutie sucked in every playoff game he played.

Johnson played great and if not for that miracle....

And now you want to give Flutie a Super Bowl?  I would have settled for one playoff game where he didn’t suck out here and lose.

You clearly do not remember the game.   Johnson was horrid in that game.   He was something like 10 of 25 for 100 yards and was Jevon Kearses ragdoll all game.   

14 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

Outside of the Rob Johnson debacle, I can't think of any other situations where a qb comes in and does well in a meaningless last game and earns a playoff start.

But there are some similarities. Smith hasn't been wonderful this year despite the leading the team to the playoffs. Flutie wasn't great when he got replaced. To be clear, I don't think he should have been replaced. 

Didn't Flynn for the Packers toss 6 TDs against the Lions the one year and signed a big contract with the Seahawks.... as they drafted Russell Wilson?

2 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Didn't Flynn for the Packers toss 6 TDs against the Lions the one year and signed a big contract with the Seahawks.... as they drafted Russell Wilson?

That is true if memory serves. But that is more similar to how we got Johnson in the first place. He had a great last start of the season for the jags and looked like a qb. 

On 12/28/2017 at 11:32 AM, dneveu said:

That's pretty bizarre.  Quite the list actually

Alex Smith

Matt Cassel

Damon Huard

Tyler Thigpen

Trent Green

Elvis Grbac

Rich Gannon

Steve Bono

Joe Montana

Dave Krieg