Holiday bonus

In all my many years of working I never got a holiday bonus. I had to earn a bonus, not just be there at the right time of year.  Did you get one? Or pissed because you didn’t? 

2 minutes ago, Dante said:

Self-employed now. No bonus for me. :(

Well, you’re the boss! Make it happen!

(Nice to be your own boss though.) 

I get a yearly bonus at the beginning of the year (for the prior year's results), but it's not for the holiday.

The only kind of holiday bonus I've ever gotten from an employer was a free turkey for Thanksgiving and that didn't last too many years.

Edited by Gugny

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

In all my many years of working I never got a holiday bonus. I had to earn a bonus, not just be there at the right time of year.  Did you get one? Or pissed because you didn’t? 

Well, you’re the boss! Make it happen!

(Nice to be your own boss though.) 

Got a bonus but my employers are Jewish so I’m not sure it’s a holiday bonus. Think it’s performance based but it’s the first bonus I’ve gotten in a looooong time

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Got a bonus but my employers are Jewish so I’m not sure it’s a holiday bonus. Think it’s performance based but it’s the first bonus I’ve gotten in a looooong time

Mazel tov!!

My wife is .00869% in fee income generated away from hitting a new threshold in her bonus. It’s a HUGE difference in the final payout, and only a few days left to hit it. It’s a deal or two away that are in the process but not sure how soon it can get approved and booked. It’s a CRAZY thin margin! 

Yes. A couple past employers would give nice bonuses, in the hundreds of dollars. Worst I ever got was a $50 gift card for some obscure website, that you could buy stuff on, like an Amazon wanna be. Thankfully one thing you could buy there was Amazon gift cards. 

Where my Dad used to work, your bonus was getting a choice between a frozen turkey or a canned ham. 

54 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Sure, Hanukkah bonus!

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yeah, bonuses get killed by taxes.  So do severance packages.  <_<

Back in the day a client came in with a 7 figure bonus in late December and was very upset to see how slim the options were in Canada to avoid a massive tax hit.