Notable Nexflix / Amazon / Premium Channel Series & Movies

Heitz

6 hours ago, Bandito said:

The Ottoman Empire series is excellent and chronicles the siege and eventual overthrow of Constantinople in 1453. It is on FlixNet

I also just watched this and I really enjoyed it.  It is always interesting how they conducted sieges back then.  I saw it on Amazon.  The full title is "Rise of the Empires OTTOMAN."

22 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I didn't read through all 34 pages, so pardon me if this has already been mentioned. I started The Outsider on HBO, based on a Stephen King novel, directed By Jason Bateman and Starring Ben Mendelsohn. Just finished episode 5. It's down right creepy. Good plot and storyline so far.

I've been watching The Outsider.

It has a True Detectives, season 1, feeling to me. 

9 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Ozarks is a show that I have wanted to watch for a while now, may start it soon 

One of my favorite shows right now. 

If I had to think of my favorite show (still running) on each platform, these are the ones the first come to mind (and I am sure I am forgetting some other great ones, just these are the first to pop in my head).  

• Succession - HBO.  Might be my favorite actually, definitely one of the best out.
  • Ozark - Netflix.  Its kind of like the new Breaking Bad, its really good.  
  • Marvelous Ms. Maisel - Amazon.  Cast and writing are some of the best anywhere right now, and I didn't expect to like this show, but its excellent.
  • Morning Show - Apple TV+.  Cast and writing is also excellent and the story is very current and they find a way to make it very compelling.
  • Billions - Showtime.  Another great cast 
  • Mandaloiran - Disney+.  This is really a default choice, as its the only one I have seen.  I have issues with the show, but I love Star Wars enough to go ahead and list it here.  It will be on a short leash with me in season 2 though.  

Most of these platforms have other shows past and present I also love, but off the top of my head, these are my favorites.  

A couple of other shows not as many people have watched, but should because they are great in their own right.  Euphoria on HBO is crazy good.  And on Netflix, if you loved the move "Chef" then check out the series "The Chef Show", its great.  If you have not seen either, go watch the movie "Chef" first, its a great movie.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Max Fischer said:

The Good Place is one of favorite shows of all-time. Smart, hilarious, clever, full of surprises and kept evolving. Ended it’s four year run with a perfect and very satisfying conclusion. Highly recommend. 

Nice, I was thinking about checking it out.  Heard good things 

• Like (+1) 2

My wife finally twisted my arm and convinced me to watch the last 4 episodes of You on Netflix.  I’ll admit, I was tuned out but the last 2-3 episodes were pretty good.

A lot of stuff was revealed at the end which made the character, Joe, make sense to me.  The finale was particularly good, and I appreciated the way they tied up all the loose ends.  I think I’ll give S2 a chance...

• Like (+1) 1

Watched Doom: Annihilation on Netflix. Ok if you like that genre, similar to Resident Evil movies where it’s somewhat predictable and ends on cliffhanger for the next movie.

Also watched A Quiet Place after seeing the trailer for the sequel at the theatre. Again ok, not great. The typical stupid things done by kids creating problems.

Currently watching season 1 of Orange is the New Black. Not dark like Oz, it’s more a comedy of life in a women’s prison, with the occasional T&A.

13 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Currently watching season 1 of Orange is the New Black. Not dark like Oz, it’s more a comedy of life in a women’s prison, with the occasional T&A.

It gets some serious story lines, was a favorite of mine. Looked forward to every season.

For those debating starting the Good Place..do it! Great show no doubt. Sad it ended.

I don't know why i still watch teenage coming of age shows, but i like Sex Education on Netflix. Season 1 was great. I am on Episode 5 of season 2..first 3 were kinda weak, but last been great. Certainly not a show to watch with kids or teenagers in the room! 

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

My wife finally twisted my arm and convinced me to watch the last 4 episodes of You on Netflix.  I’ll admit, I was tuned out but the last 2-3 episodes were pretty good.

A lot of stuff was revealed at the end which made the character, Joe, make sense to me.  The finale was particularly good, and I appreciated the way they tied up all the loose ends.  I think I’ll give S2 a chance...

Did you finish season 1, or did you finish seasons 1 & 2?  I ask because you said (final 4 episodes). But then mention you are gonna watch season 2.  The final 4 would be in season 2 as there are 2 seasons out.

I finished season 2 of “You” last week.  It was one of those shows that I didn’t necessary love but liked enough to finish the seasons that are out.  It was ok, but the final few episodes were my favorite and good enough for me to give season 3 a go.

Its kind of like a lighter, dark comedy, cheesier version of Dexter.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Did you finish season 1, or did you finish seasons 1 & 2?  I ask because you said (final 4 episodes). But then mention you are gonna watch season 2.  The final 4 would be in season 2 as there are 2 seasons out.

I finished season 2 of “You” last week.  It was one of those shows that I didn’t necessary love but liked enough to finish the seasons that are out.  It was ok, but the final few episodes were my favorite and good enough for me to give season 3 a go.

Its kind of like a lighter, dark comedy, cheesier version of Dexter.

I just finished S1.  I gave up after the first 4 or 5 episodes.  It got boring to me.  My wife convinced me to watch the rest of S1 and I’m glad she did.  Not a great show, but good.  I’ll give S2 a chance.  The finale of S1 was very well done, IMO.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:14 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

I didn't read through all 34 pages, so pardon me if this has already been mentioned. I started The Outsider on HBO, based on a Stephen King novel, directed By Jason Bateman and Starring Ben Mendelsohn. Just finished episode 5. It's down right creepy. Good plot and storyline so far.

It's a show that could easily have gone off the rails but I agree, after 5 episodes the Outsider continues to hold my attention. I'm curious how/if they'll sustain through the full 10 episodes as I thought it could be a 6 or 7 part show.  (I hate programs that drag as I tend to abandon ship). 

Edited by Max Fischer

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I just finished S1.  I gave up after the first 4 or 5 episodes.  It got boring to me.  My wife convinced me to watch the rest of S1 and I’m glad she did.  Not a great show, but good.  I’ll give S2 a chance.  The finale of S1 was very well done, IMO.

Season 2 is better.  And the final few episodes were really good

• Like (+1) 1