DL and LB groups are more pressing need than QB

Dadonkadonk

Everyone on this board is screaming about the QB.  Six straight scoring drives by the Patriots.  37 points.  The DL is far far worse than last year and the LBs are terrible.  They need a near complete overhaul of the front seven.  Outside of Lawson, Milano, and maybe Hughes, the remaining front 7 needs to be replaced.  That is the entire core of the defense - two DTs and a MLB along with an OLB.

You want to move on from TT, then get a QB in FA.

They need the entire draft to fix the defense.

And that doesn't even address back-up RB, starting TE, and the OT spot if Glenn can't get healthy.

• Like (+1) 4

When you don't have a Franchise QB nothing is a more pressing need than finding one. Nothing. 

The D-line is the 2nd most pressing need I agree. And we are a bit talent deficient at the linebacker spots... but a good D-line can make average linebackers look a lot better. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I also agree about the DL and the LB group.  How ever QB is the most pressing need.  I for one am tired of the constant complaining about Tyrod Taylor on this board.  I agree that he's not the QB the Bills need now or in the future, but the constant cries for Peterman especially after his 5 pick game and his concussion makes me sick and I'm tired if hearing it.   Peterman s simply not ready.  Most Rookie QB's aren't ready as rookies.  

The DL especially needs a major upgrade.  It's the worst group this team has right now.  In order to beat the Pats, pressure has to come from four and drop seven.  The Bills simply are unable to do that right now with the team presently constructed. The LB's don't add any pass rush either.  Lo Alexander is not in the right defense to utilize his skills.  

I don't know what the 49ers defense ranked or what position they need upgraded. But 1 guy walked in and changed the whole teams performance and gave them 4 straight wins.  

We can nit pick ever position and blah blah blah. I want a smart qb who isnt afraid to throw it around. 

• Like (+1) 5

28 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Everyone on this board is screaming about the QB.  Six straight scoring drives by the Patriots.  37 points.  The DL is far far worse than last year and the LBs are terrible.  They need a near complete overhaul of the front seven.  Outside of Lawson, Milano, and maybe Hughes, the remaining front 7 needs to be replaced.  That is the entire core of the defense - two DTs and a MLB along with an OLB.

You want to move on from TT, then get a QB in FA.

They need the entire draft to fix the defense.

And that doesn't even address back-up RB, starting TE, and the OT spot if Glenn can't get healthy.

No they don't, the defense is fine, we need one run stuffing Tackle and we will be elite. We held them down for 3 quarters but got worn down , offense needs to do there part.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No they don't, the defense is fine, we need one run stuffing Tackle and we will be elite. We held them down for 3 quarters but got worn down , offense needs to do there part.

Need much, much more pass rush to be elite BB. 

8 minutes ago, billsfan3482 said:

I don't know what the 49ers defense ranked or what position they need upgraded. But 1 guy walked in and changed the whole teams performance and gave them 4 straight wins.  

We can nit pick ever position and blah blah blah. I want a smart qb who isnt afraid to throw it around. 

^^^This^^^This^^^and more ^^^This^^^

Nothing matters until you have a good QB.

As Jimmy G has proven in SF, a competent QB makes everyone else look and play better. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

so because 4 games exist with garrpoloplol playing QB he's amazing?

the bills have a ton of needs across the team, including WR and OL

but the LB's are terrible - not a single one of them is NFL calibre.  and our DL is in shambles - Dareus wouldn't have made much of a difference

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I think the pass rush would be better with a great DT, but I'm not against getting more defenders it's just not more important than QB.

we can take care of the QB, DL and LB with this draft. Just don't trade it all away for a QB.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

But what QB would that get us ? I'd rather have an elite prospect than another Peterman.

still take one in the first round. Just don't use a bunch of picks to trade up. We need those picks.