Start Peterman at Miami?

Klaista2k

4 minutes ago, billsfan2298 said:

I say start Peterman. What is there to lose at this point?

According to 26CornerBlitz, EVERYTHING.

We've seen all we need to see on Peterman. Everything you've seen in his limited play is enough to fully recognize everything he is, and everything he ever will be. 

But we need to see more Tyrod. 7 years in the league & 3 years starting isn't enough time to properly evaluate the kind of player he is.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Bortles makes bone headed decisions, but his talent is above that of Peterman who was a 5th round flyer pick for a reason.  He's not some premium prospect just waiting for his talent to bust out.   Hold out that hope. Meanwhile, I'll look to the 2018 draft for a long term solution. 

I saw plenty and it was :sick:.  That's why he returned to the role of backup QB. 

And you are expert enough to to say that Peterman's a bust after the limited time you have seen him. You are wasting your time posting on this board because if you are that talented all 32 team want you.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

According to 26CornerBlitz, EVERYTHING.

We've seen all we need to see on Peterman. Everything you've seen in his limited play is enough to fully recognize everything he is, and everything he ever will be. 

But we need to see more Tyrod. 7 years in the league & 3 years starting isn't enough time to properly evaluate the kind of player he is.

You are slow.  The reason why the starting QB will play is that he's the better QB by far and a post season berth is still in play. 

1 minute ago, Wily Dog said:

And you are expert enough to to say that Peterman's a bust after the limited time you have seen him. You are wasting your time posting on this board because if you are that talented all 32 team want you.

He can't be a bust as a 5th round pick. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wily Dog said:

He's one of those guys that bases half his opinion of a guy on where they were drafted.

From there, he only needs to see but a tiny bit of playtime to decide the rest.

14 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Draft spot means nothing in terms of QB's. Thought that should've been apparent with people like Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Dak Prescott, etc. They got LEGITIMATE chances, not these goofy half game stints.

And when it comes to draft stock, anything can affect where a QB goes. Their combine, their height, their hand size, where they played, their interview, etc. Teams get enamored with horrible picks (Blaine Gabbert and Brady Quinn) and ignore others. Just seeing a guy as "he was selected in the 5th, therefore he's always just that number in our eyes" is a failure & disservice to the player.

Thanks for your input. I always backup what I say, but I guess one-liners & emojis are more your thing.

i believe Wilson and Dak won the jobs in preseason. They earned the opportunities to play.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

i believe Wilson and Dak won the jobs in preseason. They earned the opportunities to play.

Wilson wasn't competing against an incumbent starter. There was an open QB competition between him & Matt Flynn, a FA signing.

Dak only played due to Romo getting injured in preseason. He won nothing.

Just as Brady didn't play until Bledsoe got injured.

Just as Kaepernick didn't play until Alex Smith got injured.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

While I don't like the idea of Tyrod, Alex Smith or Cousins, I do like the idea of Mayfield,  Rudolph or Josh Rosen for QB next year.

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

I'd love all those QB's from the draft too, but I would be happy with Smith & fine with Cousins, as they're both far superior in every conceivable way than TT.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

He is already being blamed too.  On Redzone he just mentioned if the Bills win next week but the Chargers also win then the Bills are out because of the "Peterman game where they chose to bench Tyrod Taylor"

Media is terrible man.

The kid was not ready.  I do not put it all on him.  McDermott has made some bone headed decisions this season.  I want to see them hire an associate coach who can mentor McDermott in game planning, draft up situational plays and how to manage the team.  Belichick has his team, even with lesser talent, aware and ready for all situations.  I hate him but the man is a good.

I didn't like seeing Taylor on the bench with his head down in the 3rd quarter after the Pats just scored a TD on the drive following the drive where Taylor took a 15-yard sack.  You'd think the last second of the game had just ticked off the clock and Taylor was lamenting the loss.  But, no, it was only the 3rd quarter.  There was a lot of football ahead at this stage of the game.  To see that type of response from Taylor was almost repulsive to me.  I was hoping he was looking at screenshots of plays or something, but I think he was just looking down due to dejection.  When the moment is big, Taylor tends to shrink and I don't like that in him.  That, and his inability to consistently find his receivers.  Peterman kept his head up even during the SD debacle -- a much better message to his teammates than what I saw today from Taylor.  That wasn't a great demonstration of leadership when the moment was big.

All this said, very proud of what the Buffalo Bills have accomplished, to date.  They are a competitive bunch, but they need a few more changes, still.  That they are in a serious hunt for a wildcard spot going into the final week of the season and that is real progress over the past few seasons.  They can really get there this season - it is not impossible.  I still think it will happen no matter who starts against Miami at QB next week.  I'd prefer Peterman, but Taylor can win that game, too.

Go Bill!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChasBB said:

I didn't like seeing Taylor on the bench with his head down in the 3rd quarter after the Pats just scored a TD on the drive following the drive where Taylor took a 15-yard sack.  You'd think the last second of the game had just ticked off the clock and Taylor was lamenting the loss.  But, no, it was only the 3rd quarter.  There was a lot of football ahead at this stage of the game.  To see that type of response from Taylor was almost repulsive to me.  I was hoping he was looking at screenshots of plays or something, but I think he was just looking down due to dejection.  When the moment is big, Taylor tends to shrink and I don't like that in him.  That, and his inability to consistently find his receivers.  Peterman kept his head up even during the SD debacle -- a much better message to his teammates than what I saw today from Taylor.  That wasn't a great demonstration of leadership when the moment was big.

All this said, very proud of what the Buffalo Bills have accomplished, to date.  They are a competitive bunch, but they need a few more changes, still.  That they are in a serious hunt for a wildcard spot going into the final week of the season and that is real progress over the past few seasons.  They can really get there this season - it is not impossible.  I still think it will happen no matter who starts against Miami at QB next week.  I'd prefer Peterman, but Taylor can win that game, too.

Go Bill!

I'm not going to pretend I know what's going through Taylor's head in these situations, but this is a pretty common theme from him. 

If you ever see him commit a bad play, fail to execute on a drive, go 3 & out, throw a pick, whatever it is, he just has no expression on his face and walks away. He doesn't look upset, doesn't look mad, just kind of like he's going through the motions.

Anyone acting like the reason you don’t start Peterman is because we can still make the playoffs is missing it. The reason you DO start Peterman is because we can still make the playoffs. Tyrod is terrible and double on the road. We want to win the game. Peterman at least will throw the ball rather then take sack after sack. Peterman also looks to get the ball to KB. The guy is a half a foot taller then the guys covering him and Tyrod is petrified to give him the chance. Throw the !@#$ing ball son. You are a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Anyone acting like the reason you don’t start Peterman is because we can still make the playoffs is missing it. The reason you DO start Peterman is because we can still make the playoffs. Tyrod is terrible and double on the road. We want to win the game. Peterman at least will throw the ball rather then take sack after sack. Peterman also looks to get the ball to KB. The guy is a half a foot taller then the guys covering him and Tyrod is petrified to give him the chance. Throw the !@#$ing ball son. You are a QB.

Tyrods retention level is startling. Each time I seem to think he's starting to understand that good things seem to happen when you throw to KB, he comes back the next series and seemingly forgets everything learned in the previous series. It's maddening!!!! At the very least, NP seems to fully understand the security blanket/big play potential and possabilities tossing it up to KB brings to the table. 

Just watching Tyrod in hurry up situations is infuriating. He has to have one of the lowest football IQs (for a qb) in the league. The decisions he makes sometimes are incredible. He is very careful with the ball, that’s great.. when it comes to actually playing though, the guy looks as if he has never watched an NFL game. I can’t take any more of him. I wish that colts game was in normal weather because I bet Peterman would have continued to start. I’m sorry but Tyrod sucks. Flat out. No two ways about it

Well, Tyrod is still who we thought he was, but I don't expect a change to happen.  It's possible the Bills win with Tyrod as QB in Miami.  I know I didn't see anything in the game today to suggest Tyrod is going to be here next season.